Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

367 Days

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Not long now until Chelt 2021! Hopefully some of the C19 restrictions will be easing up in febuary and that Irish horses, jockeys, trainers, stablecrew, owners, fans will be able to travel over and I'll be able to watch it in The (C) Box...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

56 Days
    3 Hours
    29 minutes

Until Ronan McNally pulls off the biggest shock in the history of racing and wins the Supreme with a horse who started the season rated in the low 80s !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

56 Days
    3 Hours
    29 minutes

Until Ronan McNally pulls off the biggest shock in the history of racing and wins the Supreme with a horse who started the season rated in the low 80s !!!!

Looks a weak division for sure but I don't think it is that weak, I will admit I have only watched his last two runs once but the initial impression I got was that his jumping is nowhere near the level required, he jumps hurdles like they are on fire. Won't get away with that even in a moderate Supreme.

Anyone else finding the build up to, and general love of Cheltenham is the only thing keeping them going these days?
    Its the first thing I think about after my morning slash and go to bed wondering should I lump on quilixious in the triumph.

I miss the pub but it's not bothering me
    I miss going for a spin with the family but I have accepted it
    Cheltenham is literally keeping me going

• Advertisement

Anyone else finding the build up to, and general love of Cheltenham is the only thing keeping them going these days?
    Its the first thing I think about after my morning slash and go to bed wondering should I lump on quilixious in the triumph.

I miss the pub but it's not bothering me
    I miss going for a spin with the family but I have accepted it
    Cheltenham is literally keeping me going

I have started an affair with a 27 year old on the rebound a few weeks ago. She is a bear in the sack - I am loving it Ramjet. she has her own gaff around the corner, I met her through one of my sisters before Christmas. We are at it like Rabbits since Christmas eve - she is a nutter, savage yoke. I am worn out to tell you the truth. She is clatty.

She reckons Séamus Neville has a great shout in the NHC.

Just saying.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I have started an affair with a 27 year old on the rebound a few weeks ago. She is a bear in the sack - I am loving it Ramjet. she has her own gaff around the corner, I met her through one of my sisters before Christmas. We are at it like Rabbits since Christmas eve - she is a nutter, savage yoke. I am worn out to tell you the truth. She is clatty.

Just saying.

Your facemasks must be in ribbons

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Just saying.

Is she a vet? Should be able to give you a few winners if yes, they have all the inside info!

Your facemasks must be in ribbons

She is special. Although she has a dog that her ex bought as a pressie, it barks too much and it keeps following us upstairs to where all the magic happens. We have given up on the kitchen table, the stairs, the living room floor and the bathroom now. It is all beddy byes now.

I am defo missing the pub alright. Or any source of social outlet for that matter.

We all need a break.

She is special. Although she has a dog that her ex bought as a pressie, it barks too much and it keeps following us upstairs to where all the magic happens. We have given up on the kitchen table, the stairs, the living room floor and the bathroom now. It is all beddy byes now.

I am defo missing the pub alright. Or any source of social outlet for that matter.

We all need a break.

You will have to get her a Ricci colours thong and a procush for valentines.....

• Advertisement

You will have to get her a Ricci colours thong and a procush for valentines.....

Good idea Roger.

Pity the shops aren't open.

Do you know anyone good at robbing dogs?

I think I am going to do a Cheveley Park super Yankee for Cheltenham.

Envoi Allen, Sir Gerhard, Allaho, A Plus Tard and Ballyadam... it just wins.

Good idea Roger.

Pity the shops aren't open.

Do you know anyone good at robbing dogs?

I think I am going to do a Cheveley Park super Yankee for Cheltenham.

Envoi Allen, Sir Gerhard, Allaho, A Plus Tard and Ballyadam... it just wins.

Envoi -, yes
    Sir Gerhard - yes
    Allaho - Dodgy, Mín a huge threat
    A plus Tard - not for me
    Ballyadam - which race? I am a fan

Would see quixlios as a good shout too

Envoi -, yes
    Sir Gerhard - yes
    Allaho - Dodgy, Mín a huge threat
    A plus Tard - not for me
    Ballyadam - which race? I am a fan

Would see quixlios as a good shout too

I will wait until the decs Rog. At this stage there is no point losing sleep over intended targets, the amount of bullshight we will all hear about it over the next 6 1/2 weeks will end up wrecking heads.

I need to concentrate on my newfound sexual energy to be honest, before it flitters away again. That would be a disaster at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I will wait until the decs Rog. At this stage there is no point losing sleep over intended targets, the amount of bullshight we will all hear about it over the next 6 1/2 weeks will end up wrecking heads.

I need to concentrate on my newfound sexual energy to be honest, before it flitters away again. That would be a disaster at this stage.

Mick fitz once said winning the national was Better than sex

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Mick fitz once said winning the national was Better than sex

He fancies Shiskin for the Arkle.

His insight is priceless sometimes.

Be careful - I have seen him put the mockers on good things before.

He fancies Shiskin for the Arkle.

His insight is priceless sometimes.

He reckons al boum has a chance in the gold cup..

He reckons al boum has a chance in the gold cup..

There you go ... the Oracle has spoken.

Lets see what turns up, but it has to have a great chance all the same.

When are they rolling out Champ I wonder? It is not looking good atm.

I am doing a big dirty huge hail Mary Goliath on the Tuesday morning. 50c ew.

Appreciate It
    Put the Kettle On
    Fury Road
    Pencilfulloflead
    Neverushacon
    Melon
    Glens of Antrim
    SomeotheryokeIhaventmadeupmymindonyet.

When they all win I am going to buy a handful of nags and name them after Chrissie Hynde songs - watch this space. Look out for Back on the Chain Gang winning the Supreme in a couple of years - it is going to happen.

Kate Treacy having a naughty giggle about Phil McCracken coming from behind Eileen Dover on the FFP will sort that!

See NPHET now officially recommending mandatory quarantine for people entering Ireland.
    Presume that won't stop people leaving Ireland to go to the UK?
    The stable staff will probably all have to be in UK by late February to be cleared for mid March!
    Will trainers travel?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

You’re close to going on mute now roger with all this worrying you’re doing. Control the controllables. It’s out of your hands so relax the cacks

• Advertisement

The Mig wrote: »
    You’re close to going on mute now roger with all this worrying you’re doing. Control the controllables. It’s out of your hands so relax the cacks

You're right kid
    apologies

Rog it is irrelevant what NPHET say or do around Cheltenham, stop winding it up.

The Brits don't give 2 phucks what turns up from Ireland or not. They will be going ahead regardless.

If you want to have a genuine panic I would be looking at what the British cabinet are proposing, it is their country and their festival.

Rog it is irrelevant what NPHET say or do around Cheltenham, stop winding it up.

The Brits don't give 2 phucks what turns up from Ireland or not. They will be going ahead regardless.

If you want to have a genuine panic I would be looking at what the British cabinet are proposing, it is their country and their festival.

I hear ya lads
    Apologies

This is the THIRD year in a row where we can't just relax and look forward to Cheltenham without worrying about cancellations etc

I hear ya lads
    Apologies

This is the THIRD year in a row where we can't just relax and look forward to Cheltenham without worrying about cancellations etc

What was happening in 2019 that could have caused Cheltenham cancellation? Sorry my memory bad

What was happening in 2019 that could have caused Cheltenham cancellation? Sorry my memory bad

EQUINE FLU!!!

I hear ya lads
    Apologies

Panicking uncontrollably on uncontrollables will cost you months of your lifetime, don't be wasting your own time worrying about problems you have no solution for.

Panicking uncontrollably on uncontrollables will cost you months of your lifetime, don't be wasting your own time worrying about problems you have no solution for.

I can't control Abacadabras regaining his form either lad but it doesn't stop me worrying about it!!

I can't control Abacadabras regaining his form either lad but it doesn't stop me worrying about it!!

He has a great ew chance Rog. Great piece of form behind Shiskin in last years Supreme. If Shiskin was in the Champion this year he could well be favourite. There was nothing in it last year. 14's is a huge price. I would have no problem lumping on there, it is a lovely ew bet. Scratch his last run and he was never out of the front 2 in his life ( sorry 4th in the Champion Bumper - hardly shoddy form ), massively underrated.

I seen an article in last weeks Phoenix about the Stewards at Tramore - seemingly ABP ran the wrong distance?

• Advertisement

He has a great ew chance Rog. Great piece of form behind Shiskin in last years Supreme. If Shiskin was in the Champion this year he could well be favourite. There was nothing in it last year. 14's is a huge price. I would have no problem lumping on there, it is a lovely ew bet. Scratch his last run and he was never out of the front 2 in his life ( sorry 4th in the Champion Bumper - hardly shoddy form ), massively underrated.

Preaching to the converted here
    Epatante is the most likely winner, after that abacadabras is easily the classiest opposition.
    Cheltenham form too.
    Have a nice few bob on him and come the week will back him again.

Advertisement