Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Ultimate Christmas Advert Playlist

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Thanks DvB for compiling. Some obvious and some surprises. IMO, though the Dunnes one would be higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭DvB

TRS30 wrote: »
    Thanks DvB for compiling. Some obvious and some surprises. IMO, though the Dunnes one would be higher.

Agree.
    Amazed the Tesco & Apple ones werent higher too.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

corblimey wrote: »
    'Nuff said. Watch this one every year.

I was thinking about this advert today, so I just looked for it here and watched it again.
    Brilliant

otnomart wrote: »
    I was thinking about this advert today, so I just looked for it here and watched it again.
    Brilliant

Certainly is brilliant. Missed that one at Christmas. Thanks for the bump :)

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Brilliant

Wheres the Kleenex?:o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PaulT21 wrote: »
    Wheres the Kleenex?:o

In short demand at the moment :pac:

Loughc wrote: »
    In short demand at the moment :pac:

Think you are suppose to cry into your elbow as well :)

Some of the better known John lewis adverts being made into Lego.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭PaulT21

DvB wrote: »

Some of the better known John lewis adverts being made into Lego.

Some nice memories and skill shown there also. Cant say that I recall all the adds though:confused:

Some nice memories and skill shown there also. Cant say that I recall all the adds though:confused:

Some of the stuff people can create from from scratch just using lego is amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh, I do. :D
    Some of the glory years of John Lewis adverts!

Posy wrote: »
    Oh, I do. :D
    Some of the glory years of John Lewis adverts!

Same here. Twas peak John Lewis era.

This ad is from 2017 and it one of the funniest I have ever seen

A Very Merry Mistake #MirryChristmus by Air New Zealand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

For me the one of the greatest Christmas adverts of all time.

For me the one of the greatest Christmas adverts of all time.

I absolutely love it and it is one of my favourites Christmas adverts of all times, too !
    Such an amazing true story - which still resonates to many who (myself included) had ancestors in the trenches in WW1.

Have you seen the movie Joyeux Noël, also based on the Christmas Truce ?
    It is brilliant, too.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0424205/

I absolutely love it and it is one of my favourites Christmas adverts of all times, too !
    Such an amazing true story - which still resonates to many who (myself included) had ancestors in the trenches in WW1.

Have you seen the movie Joyeux Noël, also based on the Christmas Truce ?
    It is brilliant, too.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0424205/

No but I actually went to the battlegrounds of ypres and surrounding areas and seen a memorial they have there for the Christmas truce. A fantastic trip.

No but I actually went to the battlegrounds of ypres and surrounding areas and seen a memorial they have there for the Christmas truce. A fantastic trip.

Have visited Ypres and the sites in the Salient, too and was quite affected by them, expecially by seeing the clearing station in Essex Farm.

It seems crazy now thinking about a war in Europe !

Haven't been to the Christmas Truce memorial yet (hopefully someday !)

Have visited Ypres and the sites in the Salient, too and was quite affected by them, expecially by seeing the clearing station in Essex Farm.

It seems crazy now thinking about a war in Europe !

Haven't been to the Christmas Truce memorial yet (hopefully someday !)

Yes , so needless that war. People properly just sent to their deaths. One thing for sure is Belgium really appreciates the sacrifice countries made for them.

2018: Heathrow Bears

2019: "Little Lies" by New Zealand Post

• Advertisement

2019: a fit Santa by Intersport France

2019: Hafod

Love this Classic Playlist, just added my favourites from most recent years:

2018: Heathrow Bears (my joint winner that year - together with Sainsbury's "Big Night" https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111712023&postcount=20)

2019: Hafod; fit Santa by Intersport France ( a very good match for M&S Mrs Claus !) and "Little Lies" by New Zealand Post

Advertisement