Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What to expect in the Boilerhouse

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Tig98

Gael23 wrote: »
    It’s good when you need a quick release but I always regret going in there
    Yeah, it wouldn't be a great idea to make it a regular thing. I went once and it was very mehh. A good experience but wouldve had more fun meeting a guy from grindr imo

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mr rebel

Cruising bars are better than saunas in my opinion with less pressure and a more relaxed environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

There was a program on channel 4 last night, Secrets of the Sauna, dealing with a UK sauna, owners, customers and staff.

It is from 2016, available on the player.

Interesting in its own way.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Mr.Frame

I see the BH thread has been bumped.

Given the current crisis we are in, I wonder will the BH survive and end up closing?

How can you observe social distancing ?

Will everyone who wishes to enter have to wear a mask and gloves ?
    Instead of interacting with each other, interact with yourself and look at others interacting with themselves,whilst wearing gloves and a face mask,

Such a turn on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Qrt

Mr.Frame wrote: »
    Will everyone who wishes to enter have to wear a mask and gloves ?
    Instead of interacting with each other, interact with yourself and look at others interacting with themselves,whilst wearing gloves and a face mask,

Such a turn on!

Dublin’s newest BDSM Fisting Exhibitionist venue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭cgcsb

I think it will survive. The social distancing rules will just be ignored. They are ignored as it is in all settings anyway. Saunas are reopen in Spain already.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Tig98

Well a dick has never coughed at me before so I'll take my chances

• Registered Users Posts: 23 CucamarMor

Tig98 wrote: »
    Well a dick has never coughed at me before so I'll take my chances
    You sure it hasn't spluttered at you though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

Qrt wrote:

Fisting isn't always BDSM.(never is if I'm involved)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,799 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Qrt wrote: »

Sorry what?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Sorry what?

Masks, gloves, looking at other people...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Don’t see it surviving. Your exposed to all sorts of bodily fluids in there, the risk of someone getting infected is absolutely massive

Don’t see it surviving. Your exposed to all sorts of bodily fluids in there, the risk of someone getting infected is absolutely massive

Already open in Spain though. Once bars open on the 20th, it'll take about 4 or 5 weeks for the rules to be completely eroded.

cgcsb wrote: »
    Already open in Spain though. Once bars open on the 20th, it'll take about 4 or 5 weeks for the rules to be completely eroded.

Sounds rank to be honest. Better just get yourself on an app and find someone for the jump exclusively a few months til it all settles.

CucamarMor wrote: »
    Sounds rank to be honest. Better just get yourself on an app and find someone for the jump exclusively a few months til it all settles.

Thanks for the advice and judgement/opinion that I didn't ask for.

Thanks for the advice and judgement/opinion that I didn't ask for.

:eek: no offense meant

Why the numerous references to Spain, are they relevant to Ireland, with its 1 or 2 saunas, versus the 200 or whatever of Spain.

imme wrote: »
    Why the numerous references to Spain, are they relevant to Ireland, with its 1 or 2 saunas, versus the 200 or whatever of Spain.

Spain is further along in it's reopening than Ireland is. Not sure why the number of saunas makes a difference other than the Spanish health ministry might offer specific guidance to them where as in Ireland they'll probably go with the gym/health club guidance.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,799 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

CucamarMor wrote: »
    :eek: no offense meant

Ok but like your post came across judgemental

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Spain is further along in it's reopening than Ireland is. Not sure why the number of saunas makes a difference other than the Spanish health ministry might offer specific guidance to them where as in Ireland they'll probably go with the gym/health club guidance.

A sauna, can you socially distance in a sauna.

The number makes a difference as it is an industry or part of the sex industry in Spain.
    There is one sex sauna in Ireland.

• Advertisement

Reopening August 10th

So seems to be open according to website. Anyone been? just curious how the masking / social distancing situation is generally. I mean I guess neither is really enforced as suggested on their website, but are the lads wearing masks going in?

Can’t really shag with a mask on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,201 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Yep, pointless

That’s what you think...

Qrt wrote: »
    That’s what you think...

I certainly wouldn’t allow someone penetrate me when I couldn’t see what they looked like

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I certainly wouldn’t allow someone penetrate me when I couldn’t see what they looked like

You obviously haven't visited many darkrooms/cruising bars on your travels then!!! Lol!!

This may be the best post on boards.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,201 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

:pac:

He's not wrong though!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 jm198

I was there last night for the first time, it was very quite not much going on! You’re advised to wear a face mask while walking around but you don’t when you, well you know.....

Advertisement