Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Brian McFadden

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Mairead1975

Hi

Ive never heard anything so crazy as "not being able to get a job" as a reason. If he was that desperate for money, a job and being near his kids, he wouldve taken up the €100,000 offer to talk about his situation in the press. That would sort him out for a year or two here in Ireland. He is over in Australia years, the jobs market wasnt always so tough! It's his lifestyle in Oz that is keeping him there, zero to do with the job.

Ryan shouldve attacked him the way he did Brian Cowen - the contrast was unreal.. I dont think he deserves any sympathy. His poor mother needs to step back and make him take care of his responsibilities....herself and her kids are the ones I feel sorry for.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Ryan shouldve attacked him the way he did Brian Cowen - the contrast was unreal.. I dont think he deserves any sympathy.

Nah, letting him dig himself his own hole without even realising it is so much more interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

In the end if Brian wanted the kids he would move heaven and earth to get custody and be with them and kept them safe

If i remember correctly he was even saying Kerry's new husband Mark was a good guy so basically the kids are grand with him and Kerry

JP Liz wrote: »
    If i remember correctly he was even saying Kerry's new husband Mark was a good guy so basically the kids are grand with him and Kerry

He didn't actually say he was a good guy...he said that the kids love him. He said he doesn't know what else he's doing - all he knows is that the kids adore him.

I personally think Mark's to blame for a lot of Kerry's problems at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Nicola xxx

never really thought much of brian mcfadden either way. have not followed what hes been doing after westlife, thought he was living in australia ... he seems decent enough though :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

If Brian really cared about his kids he wouldnt be on the other side of the world letting scum like Mark Croft bring them up.
    When you have children they come first, end of!

He says he couldnt have a career over here, eh if Michelle Heaton can have a career over here then anyone can.

He had those kids when he left Westlife thinking he was Robbie Williams, he shouldnt have taken that risk having two young kids to support.
    He says he doesnt have the money to look after them but thats bull, he has more money than the average father here supporting his children.

He said on the late late show a few years ago that having kids to him was like having puppies. Its obvious he's selfish.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭super_metroid

i remember he used to be on celebritypoker.com

you got to play poker with real celebrities like him ;)

What was his hair like on the late late show too, awful, he also looks like he has enough money for pies :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

His career was ruined because he decided to leave Westlife and try and 'make it' on his own, but because he's a talentless fúcktard he failed miserably. He CHOSE to move to Oz, no man who wants to be a father moves to the other side of the world away from his kids.

This pretty much nails it for me. As well as the post that followed saying that he could get a normal job in job in McDonalds or similar, which he certainly could.

He developed a career in the media hanging out of the coat-tails of his missus, who is a huge star in Australia. He writes some of the minor songs on her albums and get royalties from this. The songs would never be released unless he had her to put them on her album. After all, he was dropped by his own record label so she is his only outlet.

I think he wants his mother to take the kids from Kerry, so he can go back to living the single life without responsibility. Even bringing his mother on to the LLS to defend him shows his lack of moral fibre.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 than

He says he couldnt have a career over here, eh if Michelle Heaton can have a career over here then anyone can.

:D Thats true lol

• Advertisement

i doubt Delta would give up her great career to live with fatso and his flock of seagulls haircut and his kids in ireland

he was bull****ting when he said he would move back to ireland for them

he can't have his delta and eat it too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 whats up doc

i doubt Delta would give up her great career to live with fatso and his flock of seagulls haircut and his kids in ireland

he was bull****ting when he said he would move back to ireland for them

he can't have his delta and eat it too

I think you're right about that. He wants his cake and eat it too. Mammy needs to get a grip and step back and let him take responsibility for his own family. Not a hope in hell i'd say that delta would have his children, she seems to like her life as it is and he seems to be quite happy to hang onto her. I think it is a media thing, having to come back and sort things out, admitting he can't afford custody. Who can. Yes, i do believe that he can never make a career on his own steam and needs delta. As said already, i really don't know what she sees in him. I don't think he wants a full fathers role, i think he would like to be seen to be a good father, but he is sadly lacking in this and chooses himself every time. Any parent i know puts the children first, without a thought, Not him. Kerry needs help and support and will probably always need it, and she openly admits this. I hope she gets the help she needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭seandeas

why has his marriage to kerry destroyed his career in Ireland ?

i don't get it

I always thought his career tanked because he had no talent and was kind of a wanker

It wasn't his marriage to Kerry banjaxed his career in Ireland - it was his knob head attitude. He slept with a hooker on his stag night for God sake! Public sympathy went to Kerry - by all accounts she wanted the marriage to work. Bad and all as she is, he's 100 times worse - at least she's not an arrogant twat !

Remember when his Australian floozy was booed off stage at the Point ! People have long memories.

I'm delighted his "career" is ruined. It's all about Karma. Also if he cared that much about his children why is he only showing concern now ?

seandeas wrote: »
    It wasn't his marriage to Kerry banjaxed his career in Ireland - it was his knob head attitude. He slept with a hooker on his stag night for God sake! Public sympathy went to Kerry - by all accounts she wanted the marriage to work. Bad and all as she is, he's 100 times worse - at least she's not an arrogant twat !

Remember when his Australian floozy was booed off stage at the Point ! People have long memories.

I'm delighted his "career" is ruined. It's all about Karma. Also if he cared that much about his children why is he only showing concern now ?

Bringing that duet out with Delta straight after he left Kerry was another really hurtful thing he did on her, what a kick in the teeth for the girl at the time. Was an awful thing for the pair of them to do, you'd think Delta would have had more sensitivity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Salvelinus

:confused:he could afford 2 come d whole way 2 ireland 4 d late late show but couldnt afford 2 c his kids or visit them instead! an excuse of a man:confused:

Bet he can't spell either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

I get the impression he's scared sh!tless of Kerry, I would be too, however when it's got to do with my kids then you do/say WHATEVER is necessary to ensure the safety of your children.

I thought it as extremely spineless to talk positively about Mark Croft, and tip toeing around calling a spade a spade on Kerry. At least his mother said the words, 'I want to take the kids off Kerry'.

This total bull of taking the kids for 6months - 1 year to let her get her life sorted. Shes been abusing drugs for years now, she is not fit to have kids full stop.

Katona is a walking, talking mess. Macfanny rues the day he ever lobbed it inside her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

An interview full of contradictions.

I don't know who she is surrounded by... then later in the interview, she is surrounded by good people and Mark, etc.

brian mcfadden slept with a hooker on his stag night, just before marrying kerry

then he cheated on her with delta goodride and even made a duet with her to rub kerrys face in it

he isn't exactly a saint

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭hipster2009

He ruined his career by being stupid enough to leave westlife and thought he had talent.

It was a great interview by Tubs. And proved that the only ones you need to feel sorry for are the kids who have very little chance of growing up to have a normal life with the two tools they have as "parents" and how have social services not removed those kids yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

brian mcfadden slept with a hooker on his stag night, just before marrying kerry

then he cheated on her with delta goodride and even made a duet with her to rub kerrys face in it

he isn't exactly a saint

Kerry does class A drugs while her kids are home. Imagine the baby crawls into the bathroom and gobbles up the white powder.

They are both distasteful people but Kerry is by far and away the most abominable of the pair.

• Advertisement

Kerry does class A drugs while her kids are home. Imagine the baby crawls into the bathroom and gobbles up the white powder.

They are both distasteful people but Kerry is by far and away the most abominable of the pair.

I wouldnt say that. Didnt Brian say he had done drugs before too, and he's an alcoholic. At least Kerry has some excuse for her behaviour, she never had anyone who cared about her and had a sh1t upbringing and she has bipolar, behind it all i'd say she's a nice person she's just had a tough life.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,973 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I wouldnt say that. Didnt Brian say he had done drugs before too, and he's an alcoholic. At least Kerry has some excuse for her behaviour, she never had anyone who cared about her and had a sh1t upbringing and she has bipolar, behind it all i'd say she's a nice person she's just had a tough life.

There are discussions as to whether drug use brings this on in some people, or brings it on sooner in people who are pre-disposed to getting the disorder later in life.

There are a-z list celebrities coming from worse backgrounds than KK, who don't go down the self-destructive trail into the toilet.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    There are discussions as to whether drug use brings this on in some people, or brings it on sooner in people who are pre-disposed to getting the disorder later in life.

There are a-z list celebrities coming from worse backgrounds than KK, who don't go down the self-destructive trail into the toilet.

Some people are stronger than others and deal with things better, doesnt make her a bad person because she hasnt dealt with it all as well.

Brian Macfadden spend 100,000 on a haridresser

http://www.heatworld.com/Article/4992/You%E2%80%99ll+NEVER+guess+who+paid+their+hairdresser+%C2%A3100,000+a+year!

:eek:

loved his hair on the late late :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭TEDDYBEAR90

Well in Brian's defense I think it was actually a Lap dancer he slept with on the stag night and not a Hooker as someone else stated. Not that i am condoning that kind of behaviour. His marriage to Kerry Katona was doomed to failure after the lap dancer incident.
    I think he is entitled to speak to whichever form of media he choses, there is bound to be interest and to be fair he didn't give too much information away to Ryan, he just more or less said that the public know about as much as he does. He may know more than what he's letting on but its his own personal business so he's entitled to keep sctum if he wants to. As far as his career goes he pretty much self sabotaged that in his treatment of Kerry. He didn't come across that well between the Lap dancer incident and then hooking up with Delta so i think he shouldn't have been suprised that there was a public backlash against him. I think though to be fair to the guy he didn't get together with Delta till AFTER the duet they did so i don't think that he or Delta can be accused of "Rubbing it in Kerry's face by releasing that duet" as someone said here.
    I'd say Kerry's had a tough life and the breakdown of her marriage to Brian sent her on a downward spiral. He has been with Delta for about 5 years now so she's obviously not just another notch on his belt. I do think it looks bad though they way he's living so far away from the kids.
    If he really cared then he should at least TRY to get a job over here. ANY JOB. He might regain some respect from the public if he did and he'd have a better chance of rebuilding his career over here. He is actually talented but like i said he self sabotaged things for himself.
    One thing i would question about his interview with Ryan is the way he said that Mark is a good guy. If he's seeing things the way the rest of the public are, ie through the media surely he will have seen the way Mark carries on and is bad for Kerry. For example when he made her buy him a porsche just because she gave birth to a son.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭techdiver

blond45 wrote: »
    ok .now how do you think he would look after his two girls?fresh air?

If he was that worried about them, he would ditch his non existent music career and get a proper job closer to his kids, unless it would be beneath him to work a menial job that only earns a 5 figure sum, which is what most people support their families on.

Could not care less who he slept with before his wedding. Could not care less whether he started up with Delta before, during of after his marriage.

The only thing that matters in all of this is that he admitted (presuming he's telling the truth...otherwise he's thick as a plank) that he knows as much as we do. He didn't say it the other way around. He knows as much as we do and we know very little. We know Kerry has issues and we saw her snorting something white. We know nothing about circumstances, state of mind, who she's surrounded by..etc etc.. these are things WE are not entitled to know. But those are things that Brian should be making himself aware of. And it kind of seems like he's not that bothered so long as he doesn't have to deal with her.

As for Mark, the problem I have with him is that he didn't prevent her from going on that morning show appearing to be high as a kite. It really doesn't matter whether it was from her medication or from something else, he knew full well how it would look, and let her go on anyway. That's not looking out for someone. That's sabotaging them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

Brian McFadden may claim he really cares and he wants what's best for them, but it's kind of like me saying 'Oh, I really want to be thin', and then eating a cake. He's not doing anything about it. Six months to a year is pathetic. He does not want to be their full time carer. If Kerry wasn't such a mess, he would be happy to let this sorry arrangement go on until eternity.

I feel sorry for his mother. She is a fool to be letting him act like a manchild with no responsibilities and get away with it. He's the one who should be worried sick over their welfare, not her. It doesn't seem like he gives a toss to me when it comes down to it. Well done to Tubridy for telling him. And comparing his crappy music career to presenting the Late Late, what a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭happyoutish

Didn't Brian say that he couldn't move to Ireland coz he couldn't get a job blah blah blah then in the next breath he then said if he had the kids he would move to Ireland straight away???? how the hell does that make any sense? :confused::confused::confused: Or did I hear him wrong??

• Advertisement

he talked about working on a building site as if it was wayyyyy beneath him

sign, that's the kind of job that a lot of people do.......

he is such a z lister

Advertisement