Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mortgage documentation for non-EU citizen

• 25-11-2020 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hey everyone,

Currently saving for a deposit and will start the mortgage process soon.
    AFAIK every bank has more or less the same list of docs they would initially require for AIP. (statements, salary cert, payslip etc.)
    I'm a non-EU citizen on stamp 4 (a type of visa for immigrants), so wondering whether they could ask for some extra docs from my home country and what these extra docs could possibly be.

I had a chat with a broker and she told me that if I've been in Ireland for more that 3 years, I don't need anything. (I've been here for 7 years). BOI mortgage advisor told me that I don't need any extra docs either. However my colleague said that a couple of years ago he was getting mortgage with BOI and they didn't ask for any extras initially but then there was some extra security step and they requested some papers from his own country(plus certified translations). So he had to spend a few extra weeks to get whatever they requested.

I know it may vary from bank to bank, so just want to see what other people needed to provide. So that I could be prepared and get potentially needed docs in advance in order to minimise the delay.

Advertisement