Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas 2020 Checklist

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Great British Bake Off back tonight. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,181 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Smyth’s Catalogue and Halloween HQ is open!

Christmas Scratch Cards.
    120544427_2756687874653816_162176224501789646_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=-xCk4uaDGm4AX_Nm11-&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=2221ea2187324bcb3708b4f75ec94818&oe=5F9C3918
    120724167_2756691087986828_6044923852540099326_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=H37pY1EAZD8AX8PbCZD&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=f23b6d5d0baf7905db8828f85eb66972&oe=5F99E173

• Registered Users Posts: 10,119 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Need to bump this thread back to the front page, coup,e of bits need marking off too. Cakes being baked, choccies etc appearing in shops, as has wrapping paper. Then they really start coming thick & fast!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

It's a welcome change from NOTHING on the list!

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    It's a welcome change from NOTHING on the list!

So true!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Although not on the official checklist, the berries turning red on the Holly is a sure sign Christmas is on the way!
    529355.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭PaulT21

pigtail33 wrote: »
    Although not on the official checklist, the berries turning red on the Holly is a sure sign Christmas is on the way!
    529355.jpg

Seemingly its also a sign of a bad winter ahead:rolleyes: Feed for the animals and birds:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭pigtail33

PaulT21 wrote: »
    Seemingly its also a sign of a bad winter ahead:rolleyes: Feed for the animals and birds:D

Yep! My Dad always said a holly tree laden with berries was the sign of a harsh Winter to come, and I don't think I've ever see as many berries as this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

pigtail33 wrote: »
    Yep! My Dad always said a holly tree laden with berries was the sign of a harsh Winter to come, and I don't think I've ever see as many berries as this year...

Well if we're all going to be stuck at home we may as well have a white Christmas.

• Advertisement

tscul32 wrote: »
    Well if we're all going to be stuck at home we may as well have a white Christmas.
    YES. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

tscul32 wrote: »

Once I don't have to go anywhere it can snow as much as it wants :)

Actually this might be the one Christmas I'd be totally on board with heavy snow. Normally we move around a lot at Christmas to catch up with family & eating out, drinks etc. but with this years scenario we're expecting a quiet one for just the 4 of us so if we got a few days of the heavy stuff, as long as we have enough food & drink in, happy days!

DvB wrote: »
    Actually this might be the one Christmas I'd be totally on board with heavy snow. Normally we move around a lot at Christmas to catch up with family & eating out, drinks etc. but with this years scenario we're expecting a quiet one for just the 4 of us so if we got a few days of the heavy stuff, as long as we have enough food & drink in, happy days!

This. Home, family, food & snow :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »

Sadly the long term forecast is for a wet, windy, mild winter. Feb/March could bring some snow though.

TRS30 wrote: »
    This. Home, family, food & snow :D

Amen brother!

Better add Lockdown 2.0 to the list. :(

Better add Lockdown 2.0 to the list. :(

Can we add the most needed Christmas ever to the list as well?!?

Two more things can be ticked off Clocks go back 25th, October Bank Holiday.

Even with feck all on the list, we're still flying through it! :eek:

• Advertisement

Even with feck all on the list, we're still flying through it! :eek:

17 things left and only a couple of those at risk I reckon.

We'll be down to dingle digits before we know it :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Coffee Cups and Christmas Ads now marked off the list.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

I got my first coke zero can with Santa on it last week!

Crossed off now. :)

Bumping this thread as there'll be a few to be marked off come Saturday!

Yaay, it's getting so close. :D

Only 7 things left after Fri :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Given increasingly poor health status I am doing very well with my low key plans.

Yesterday was Advent Sunday so the Advent Wreath is up and looking the loveliest ever. Helped by some white flowers that bloomed mysteriously.

I decided that this year, a small artificial tree and lights? Amazon are making a mess of delivery...… If need be will forage for conifer branches and DIY!

Small frozen turkey promised. Out here they have huge fresh ones but the weather so near Christmas could scupper that and the size!!!! OH MY!

A disaster re the Nativity Crib and not sure if I can set that right.. It will be missed. The stable is fine, just the figurines got damaged badly. It will be missed.

So all in all.. I have most harder to get items in; stuffing and cranberry. I can never get out here the one cheese I love; Wensleydale with cranberry. It is the most delicious combination . Maybe add cranberry to Cheddar!

Hoping all goes well for all out there.. THIS year above all years. We need and deserve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

The tree lights arrived! Amazing! Tree due on Wednesday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Graces7 wrote: »
    Given increasingly poor health status I am doing very well with my low key plans.

Yesterday was Advent Sunday so the Advent Wreath is up and looking the loveliest ever. Helped by some white flowers that bloomed mysteriously.

I decided that this year, a small artificial tree and lights? Amazon are making a mess of delivery...… If need be will forage for conifer branches and DIY!

Small frozen turkey promised. Out here they have huge fresh ones but the weather so near Christmas could scupper that and the size!!!! OH MY!

A disaster re the Nativity Crib and not sure if I can set that right.. It will be missed. The stable is fine, just the figurines got damaged badly. It will be missed.

So all in all.. I have most harder to get items in; stuffing and cranberry. I can never get out here the one cheese I love; Wensleydale with cranberry. It is the most delicious combination . Maybe add cranberry to Cheddar!

Hoping all goes well for all out there.. THIS year above all years. We need and deserve it.

Supervalu have their own brand Wensleydale and cranberry, it's only about 2 euro. Would be very surprised if your local one didn't stock it.

Advertisement