Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bikes on donedeal, ebay, adverts etc..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Just want to pick that off with my nail, its orrible :)

v9M0qEd.png

THE PICTURES DO NOT DO THIS BIKE JUSTICE AND SEEING IS BELIEVING

Damn straight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato
    Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Horrible yoke. "custom paint job" would be bad enough on a priller or something, but on a Jap bike? wtf? and everybody knows a streetfighter is slang for write off, 20 years ago those yokes were semi popular but nobody in their right mind would touch one now.

It took a while but I don't mind. How does my body look in this light?

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

Would be next to impossible to replicate the paint job, in other words no self respecting guy would re do it.

I can't be the only person who sees street fighter and goes ah ya dropped it and didn't want to replace the plastics.

That add is just one cliché after another and super cringe to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

The arbitrary use of capitalised words in the ad text is pretty striking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Wouldn't trust a tank-top,flat cap wearing hipster.......:P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,327 ✭✭✭bladespin

blade1 wrote: »

Stanks of failure so bad lol, it's a Jap bike to begin with, it's not an RR either, was a good one until someone wrecked it then couldn't tell if it was a Honda, Suzuki or a Kawasaki, it's a crime!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

It must be a Yamasaki then ;)

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,327 ✭✭✭bladespin

It must be a Yamasaki then ;)

That would be the Japanese for turd then? Just looked again and it's even more offensive.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 44 aido43

"These bikes are a rare future classic. "---obviously couldnt wait himself.

aido43 wrote: »

Well they are but f*ck me where does the madness end. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Gorgeous bike, but €10,900?

Ee's 'avin a fackin' giraffe, mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭H_Lime

The arbitrary use of capitalised words in the ad text is pretty striking.

Makes me wanna buy it!

If someone wants it they'll buy it.
    Simple as that.
    :D

H_Lime wrote: »
    If someone wants it they'll buy it.
    Simple as that.
    :D

Yep does that mean it's not crazy money?

Yep does that mean it's not crazy money?

Eh not if "someone wants it and buys it" lol?

Besides sp wans are bags of ****:eek:

H_Lime wrote: »
    Eh not if "someone wants it and buys it" lol?

Besides sp wans are bags of ****:eek:
    Give me 3 Mille R's instead anyday :)

Give me 3 Mille R's instead anyday :)

Mille down on one is more fun!

• Advertisement

IMG-20201127-WA0001.jpg
    Just to restore balance to the universe:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,740 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Well they are but f*ck me where does the madness end. :rolleyes:

you think that's bad: have a look at the asking prices of RGV250's..........

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    you think that's bad: have a look at the asking prices of RGV250's..........

You think that's bad?
    Take a look at prices of rc30s and rc45s.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Horseshoe600

I had an SP1 around 15 years ago. A good bike but not deserving of the reputation and following they seem to have.

Didn't even live up to the so called Honda reliability, was a fairly troublesome yoke.

The Duc 996 that the SP1 was built to emulate was a better bike in every way.

I had an SP1 around 15 years ago. A good bike but not deserving of the reputation and following they seem to have.

Didn't even live up to the so called Honda reliability, was a fairly troublesome yoke.

The Duc 996 that the SP1 was built to emulate was a better bike in every way.

Similar buzz here in that I found it poorly geared, flat power delivery, arse heavy and just not enough fun! It was flipped and replaced with a gsxr1000k5 iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

What kind of trouble did the VTR give you? Just curious, cam chain tensioners, reg rec or random stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Horseshoe600

What kind of trouble did the VTR give you? Just curious, cam chain tensioners, reg rec or random stuff.

The engine was ok, moreso other bits around the bike. The exhaust manifolds were corroded(bike was 5 years old and stored in dry shed when not in use), the electrics went. Rear shock was shot.

Was happy to trade it in against something new after only owning it for a year.

Only for what Joey did at the TT in 2000 SP1s wouldn't be revered how they are imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I've been on the look out for something fun and saw this pop up on Facebook yesterday from City Spares

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/2008-ktm990-sm/26673390

534921.jpeg

I was straight down to them when they opened first thing and I'm getting it delivered later today hopefully :D

Can't wait !

D3V!L wrote: »
    I've been on the look out for something fun and saw this pop up on Facebook yesterday from City Spares

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/2008-ktm990-sm/26673390

534921.jpeg

I was straight down to them when they opened first thing and I'm getting it delivered later today hopefully :D

Can't wait !

I call first dibs when you're selling it next month! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I call first dibs when you're selling it next month! :D

How very dare you !! :o

Advertisement