Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

License help

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

Aato wrote: »
    Good news rang Principal insurance earlier and straight forward no messing about €800 on SV650s! Time to buy one now.

Couple nice fully faired ones on auto trader 07-09 for between £1500 - £2100
    Most people won't even realise its not a sports bike

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Aato

Mjolnir wrote: »
    Couple nice fully faired ones on auto trader 07-09 for between £1500 - £2100
    Most people won't even realise its not a sports bike

I've messaged the company with one of the black fully faired 2009 ones. Has 19k miles is that good or bad?

I've messaged the company with one of the black fully faired 2009 ones. Has 19k miles is that good or bad?

Don't mind that millage its nothing, make sure its not an insurance write off thats been repaired.
    Double check vrt is still being done during covid.

Don't mind that millage its nothing, make sure its not an insurance write off thats been repaired.
    Double check vrt is still being done during covid.

It has been checked for insurance write off and its clear. Will check vrt now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Before the excitement takes over don't forget why you came here, you've a license and module 5 to sort too.

Is it the one doyle's have up for 4k?

• Advertisement

zubair wrote: »
    Before the excitement takes over don't forget why you came here, you've a license and module 5 to sort too.

Is it the one doyle's have up for 4k?

This is a very good point most ndls centres haven't got any apps until December.
    Ibt can't start again until restrictions are lifted, currently looking at December for that all going well, most instructors may have a back log.

Op you need an the learner permit in hand to do the ibt don't forget.

Yeah I understand guys I'm booked in for this Saturday at 10:30am in NDLS to get my A license so that should be that sorted.

Also I bought a bike today lol SV650s from UK just awaiting word from transport company I used before they are coming next week but its full so it may be the week after or the week after that by the time they bring the next delivery of bikes.

How long do I have to VRT the bike from the date it comes into Ireland. Having had a bit of hassle getting VRT on my last bike I know exactly what documents I need this time so should be straight forward.

In regards to IBT I have yet to contact the instructor I done my full IBT with but should get to that soon. Suppose it would be better to do it soon if possible before January and February cold weather comes in.

Yeah I understand guys I'm booked in for this Saturday at 10:30am in NDLS to get my A license so that should be that sorted.

Also I bought a bike today lol SV650s from UK just awaiting word from transport company I used before they are coming next week but its full so it may be the week after or the week after that by the time they bring the next delivery of bikes.

How long do I have to VRT the bike from the date it comes into Ireland. Having had a bit of hassle getting VRT on my last bike I know exactly what documents I need this time so should be straight forward.

In regards to IBT I have yet to contact the instructor I done my full IBT with but should get to that soon. Suppose it would be better to do it soon if possible before January and February cold weather comes in.

Seven days from date of import to make an appointment, the 30 days to actually vrt it.
    You need the full v5 minus one little slip and for it to be given to you rather than sent off.
    Riding in the cold is grand just layer up and get heated grips.
    Was it the one up for £21xx black full faired 08/09 on auto trader?

Seven days from date of import to make an appointment, the 30 days to actually vrt it.
    You need the full v5 minus one little slip and for it to be given to you rather than sent off.
    Riding in the cold is grand just layer up and get heated grips.
    Was it the one up for £21xx black full faired 08/09 on auto trader?

Ya that was the bike its gone off Autotrader now. Just realised how am I going to get it to VRT if I don't have my module 5 IBT done lol. Will have to contact instructor tomorrow, although It could be a week or more before I get my license.

Ya that was the bike its gone off Autotrader now. Just realised how am I going to get it to VRT if I don't have my module 5 IBT done lol. Will have to contact instructor tomorrow, although It could be a week or more before I get my license.

Anyone can bring it down as long as you go with them, just needs to be able to arrive under its own power.
    Say it arrives next week try get a booking for last possible day and pay on the day.
    Cracking looking bike, buy a set of heated grips, even if you're useless it'll take no time to install.

• Advertisement

Anyone can bring it down as long as you go with them, just needs to be able to arrive under its own power.
    Say it arrives next week try get a booking for last possible day and pay on the day.
    Cracking looking bike, buy a set of heated grips, even if you're useless it'll take no time to install.

I just looked it up and it says on Citizen advice website that you can register any time before July 2021 no penalty charges apply to VRT time now due to Covid19 guess that makes it easier!

Definitely will look into heated grips they will be useful.

I just looked it up and it says on Citizen advice website that you can register any time before July 2021 no penalty charges apply to VRT time now due to Covid19 guess that makes it easier!

Insurance will usually only cover a foreign reg for 30 days so I'd check that.
    Doesn't have to be you that drives it in, anyone can, you just have to register it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Can you link where you're seeing July 2021? I'm only seeing July 2020 on the citizen's advice.

Can you link where you're seeing July 2021? I'm only seeing July 2020 on the citizen's advice.

Oh my god good job you said that you're actually right, I thought it was 2021 my bad its 2020 so the 30 day rule still applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Damn :pac: I've €460 VRT to pay and was gonna treat myself to a new exhaust if it was true :o

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

They're cutting slack until 31 December 2020 on the 7/30 rule:
    VRT registration and export appointments

In line with the Governments Roadmap all National Car Testing (NCT) Centres have been open since 29 June at reduced capacity. Due to the reduced capacity customers may not be able to obtain preferred dates.

Customers should note that the details above are subject to change in line with health and safety guidance. Any changes will be notified here.

In view of current circumstances, for inspections carried out up to and including 31st December:

all vehicles that are presented for registration will be valued based on the date they are presented
    and
    as Centres were closed, customers will not be charged any additional VRT during this period due to exceeding the 30-day limit.
    After 31 December, the 7-day requirement to make an appointment and the 30-day requirement to register will be enforced.

The NCT service has continued to operate a pre-inspection service via its Mobile Units. This service, which is available only to Authorised Traders, can be booked by emailing mobile3.vrt@applus.com and is subject to availability. Further information on the requirements for pre-inspection can be found below on question 2

Registration by authorised dealers on the Revenue Online Service (ROS) of new cars and pre-inspected cars has not been interrupted. Authorised traders should continue to register such vehicles before delivery to a customer.

Customers can contact Revenue via MyEnquiries with any questions they may have. Queries regarding pre-inspections or import/export examinations should be directed to the NCTS.

https://www.ncts.ie/vrt-home/vrt-faq/

I wouldn't worry so much about the 7 day deadline for making an appointment anyway. I registered a car December 2019 and although I was late on the 7 day, I made an appointment about two weeks after that was within the 30 day limit. Processed as normal. If it is late, they can stick a daily surcharge on which is 0.1% of the amount due.

(Late payment surcharge = VRT due x number of days x 0.1%)

The vrt on the SV650s is only 100 euro VRT so I'm not to worried if I don't get it done in time.

Anyways thought I'd post a small update my bike is arriving on Wednesday! Can't wait to get going again.

Advertisement