Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Mandalorian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Quick word of advice for anyone who usually zooms in the picture to hide the black bars top and bottom. About 40 minutes in the aspect ratio changes from 21:9 to 16:9 for cinematic reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Oh! Was that
    a clone? It looked like a clone! Had heard there was some hype before watching so I'd thought Sabine or Ahsoka might have been making some appearance. Couldn't for the life of me figure how they'd work that in. A clone makes way more sense.

Slydice wrote: »
    Oh! Was that
    a clone? It looked like a clone! Had heard there was some hype before watching so I'd thought Sabine or Ahsoka might have been making some appearance. Couldn't for the life of me figure how they'd work that in. A clone makes way more sense.
    it's Boba Fett
    I think so anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

It's Temuera Morrison, so he could be portraying any number of characters. Would be a fitting red herring to hint at him being Fett, but actually be Cody or another clone.

It's Temuera Morrison, so he could be portraying any number of characters. Would be a fitting red herring to hint at him being Fett, but actually be Cody or another clone.
    I actually hope it isn't a named clone if that's the way they decide to go. With Bo Katan, Ahsoka and the dark saber I think we've enough clone wars/rebels links

• Advertisement

I actually hope it isn't a named clone if that's the way they decide to go. With Bo Katan, Ahsoka and the dark saber I think we've enough clone wars/rebels links

Dunno, it's Filoni's baby and Favreau has a lot of grá for Clone Wars stuff as well

Dunno, it's Filoni's baby and Favreau has a lot of grá for Clone Wars stuff as well

Yeah I get that but I don't think they need to shoe horn characters into the show. It's my biggest gripe with the prequel trilogy (and to some degree rebels) Everyone and everything is too connected. Honestly I'd be ok if
    fett
    wasn't involved either and there was no mention of
    his armour

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Thought that was a great first episode, a simple story well told. No needlessly overcomplicated/nonsensical overarching plot that if you don't buy you'll get nothing from the season(hello Star Trek Discovery). Mando has to get Baby Yoda to the Jedi, on the way he'll have self contained adventures. Really hoping Favreau and Filoni have some input on the Cassian Andor spin off , Disney could do worse then putting them in charge of all their Star Wars content.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,550 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

That was a decent and simple enough first episode. Some jet engine. I think you would want to be wearing good muffs sitting on the side of that do or you could end up deaf not that it sounded that loud but if it is a jet engine like that it would have to be loud.
    As for the sand dragon. Just aim for the mouth. That's what I was saying as soon as I seen it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,245 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Great second episode.

To think this is what Firefly could have been if people weren't so short sighted.

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »
    Great second episode.

To think this is what Firefly could have been if people weren't so short sighted.

I thought it was a bit meh.
    OT X-wings though!!!

Felt like this was a transition from the old west setting into a more space based setting for a couple of episodes at least. Cool setup on the
    trap at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Episode three was great, the show keeps getting better and better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Too short!

RasTa wrote: »
    Too short!

Agreed but think it would have suffered if they stretched it out

Edit: Unless he met
    Ahsoka
    It's and that was were the episode ended

This would have been a great show in the 80s when people liked the a team and knight rider.

Now it's very vanilla and very safe. Not a single event is a surprise

Slow burner of an episode. Like how they're building up to something big

Yeah definitely something going on. Feels like they're keeping it subtle for now though

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Feels like they missed something out in the edit on this episode. All in a base, some new information about them using a child for something (seems like not baby yoda, a different child from the time line they are talking about) Mando goes running off in one direction, others go running off in a different one and fetch a vehicle. Meanwhile Mando has presumably used a transporter from Star Trek to fetch the child from school and his ship which was in for major repairs that were going to take days as of that morning is somehow repaired and good as new.

As for lizard guy, didn't get the reason for him tagging along for the mission at all. Does none of the rest of them know how to drive a speeder.

Have loved all the previous episodes, but think this ended up with half the story on the cutting room floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,550 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

robinph wrote: »
    Feels like they missed something out in the edit on this episode. All in a base, some new information about them using a child for something (seems like not baby yoda, a different child from the time line they are talking about) Mando goes running off in one direction, others go running off in a different one and fetch a vehicle. Meanwhile Mando has presumably used a transporter from Star Trek to fetch the child from school and his ship which was in for major repairs that were going to take days as of that morning is somehow repaired and good as new.

As for lizard guy, didn't get the reason for him tagging along for the mission at all. Does none of the rest of them know how to drive a speeder.

Have loved all the previous episodes, but think this ended up with half the story on the cutting room floor.

I think the reason for lizard guy tagging was for comedy value kind of like C-3PO.
    I knew they would end upper taking that land transport just knew it. I thought the spender getting crushed was cool. I think lizard guy must have owned it and would not or did not want anyone else to drive it . Ye mandarin must have hit super speed on his jet suit to get back get his super quick repaired ship back in the air get baby Yoda and to go help the other 3 in that time who seemed to be taking the long route back to there town.
    It was not a perfect episode but I enjoyed it for what it was an easy half hours watch of entertainment.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭touts

I don't know what was the bigger reveal today
    Grogu
    or "Tell me where your Master is! Tell me where to find
    Grand Admiral THRAWN
    !" Of course if you watched Rebels it makes perfect sense but I really hope it isn't just a link back to that and that there is real substance to it and he'll appear.

I'm really enjoying it but it's jumping around a lot. It feels like the Mandalorian is intersecting with a hell of a lot of other story lines and future shows. We've had what seems to be a setup for
    - Boba Fett the Series
    - Bo Katan the serie
    - An Empire post rebellion series
    - Asoka Tano the series.

Disney could be onto a right winner of they start producing even half the potential shoes. They could turn this into something bigger and more complex than the MCU

touts wrote: »
    I don't know what was the bigger reveal today
    Grogu
    or "Tell me where your Master is! Tell me where to find
    Grand Admiral THRAWN
    !" Of course if you watched Rebels it makes perfect sense but I really hope it isn't just a link back to that and that there is real substance to it and he'll appear.

I'm really enjoying it but it's jumping around a lot. It feels like the Mandalorian is intersecting with a hell of a lot of other story lines and future shows. We've had what seems to be a setup for
    - Boba Fett the Series
    - Bo Katan the serie
    - An Empire post rebellion series
    - Asoka Tano the series.

Disney could be onto a right winner of they start producing even half the potential shoes. They could turn this into something bigger and more complex than the MCU

It's getting to the stage now where I genuinely think the cameos are purely to set up spin off shows. There all one off encounters so far except Fett who is literally just tagged on to the end of an episode

Edit: I think there's potential for the show to suffer because of Star Wars need to link absolutely everything together

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Am I the only one who thinks they are setting up a possible appearance by Luke in season 3 . By seasons end Mando will have gotten Grogo to the planet Ashoka mentioned, Grogo will reach out through the force and we'll cut to Sebastian Stans Luke opening his eyes * cue credits*

It just felt like Ashokas " there aren't many Jedi left" was tailored to make us think of the only other Jedi we know is alive at this point. Granted they've left things vague enough that if its someother random jedi its not contradicting anything .

Am I the only one who thinks they are setting up a possible appearance by Luke in season 3 . By seasons end Mando will have gotten Grogo to the planet Ashoka mentioned, Grogo will reach out through the force and we'll cut to Sebastian Stans Luke opening his eyes * cue credits*

It just felt like Ashokas " there aren't many Jedi left" was tailored to make us think of the only other Jedi we know is alive at this point. Granted they've left things vague enough that if its someother random jedi its not contradicting anything .

I feel like that would be saved for an Ashoka series, there's so much history. Couldn't do it justice in one episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,972 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

It's getting to the stage now where I genuinely think the cameos are purely to set up spin off shows. There all one off encounters so far except Fett who is literally just tagged on to the end of an episode

Edit: I think there's potential for the show to suffer because of Star Wars need to link absolutely everything together

I must have missed that one!
    When was Fett on the Mandalorian?

NIMAN wrote: »
    I must have missed that one!
    When was Fett on the Mandalorian?

The end of the first episode of season 2. It was literally one shot. A few different things I've read confirm it's him but I read it in the linked article below first

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/the-mandalorian-sophie-thatcher/

Great episode! I totally guessed wrong about who
    Ashoka was looking for. When she kept saying master, I was full sure it was gonna be Maul! Thrawn makes way more sense following Rebels obviously though.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Anyone notice the Kotor reference with the droids Hk-87 droids. Noone was called meatbag though unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Anyone notice the Kotor reference with the droids Hk-87 droids. Noone was called meatbag though unfortunately

Newer models (KotOR was HK-47)

That said, 40 upgrades in 3000+ years seems unrealistic given we have a new iPhone every year :D

• Advertisement

Seriously geeking out at that episode.

So many spoilers to talk about

Advertisement