Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching council application

• 20-11-2020 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi there,

I would like to register as a post primary teacher with the TC. I have a degree and I’m a qualified teacher in my country but I never worked as a teacher after I got my degree in 2012. There is no induction requirement in my country so apart from my internship, I don’t have any experience. The application says that they need the required qualification and induction to process your application but as I said this doesn’t apply in my country so I wonder if I would be considered at all?
    Also, the part where you need to get an academic professional to sign saying you’re fit to be a teacher- I graduated 8 years ago and I need a person who has worked with me in the past 5 so that’s confusing as well. I know teachers here but they never worked with me, they’re just my friends.
    Any help would be much appreciated!

Advertisement