Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Impreza WRX insurance

• 31-10-2020 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm looking at buying a WRX but so far I can't get a quote for insurance, the car will be 01-04 bug or blob eye. Depending on condition before buying. I had a search to get an idea of cost of insurance but no one will do it. For reference I'm in my 30's with full no claims. Any ideas on where I can get covered?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Had one back in the day when with Quinn-Direct, carried it over to Liberty when the transition took place, AXA took it after that, might be tougher now though but worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

colonel d wrote: »
    I'm looking at buying a WRX but so far I can't get a quote for insurance, the car will be 01-04 bug or blob eye. Depending on condition before buying. I had a search to get an idea of cost of insurance but no one will do it. For reference I'm in my 30's with full no claims. Any ideas on where I can get covered?

Your own insurance provider should do mirror ncb to 2nd car,Subaru, subject it’s yourself only driving.
    If you have partner on car 1 then hopefully their car also with same insurer.
    If the Subaru is replacing your existing car that has the full ncb then you shouldn’t really have any hassle if it’s a stock WRX. Any mods, Jap produced, or bad history of the car could go against case though.

Bad history = some cars are up for sale multiple times within a year and they may have learned of issues with the car..tax dodging/hidden mods/flagged for claim involvement and even prior writeoff in other countries!!

PM me if you want. I’m ex-ins staff of over 16yrs but also car nut who unlike most staff would spend the extra time to help fellow car folk when possible.

Advertisement