Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC 249 - Ferguson v Gaethje Sat May 9th

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JimmyAlfonso

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I actually quite like it

I'm with the original poster. Distracting. Might be better placed in between rounds. Also thinking that when we look back at old footage these tweets covering up the action will seem very lame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

I'm in between. It's a good idea, but should be filtered a little more. I understand they are trying to show tweets from a lot of different fighters, fans etc. But some of them are so mundane, like "Finally some UFC action."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I'm with the original poster. Distracting. Might be better placed in between rounds. Also thinking that when we look back at old footage these tweets covering up the action will seem very lame.

They'll not be hard coded as part of the footage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

The tweets should be kept for in between the rounds. Hated them coming up during the fight.

Was a fantastic performance by Justin, hopefully he gets the Khabib fight whenever he is ready and McGregor doesn't jump to the front of the line.

I was completely wrong thinking this card would do bad PPV wise, 700k the estimated buy rate in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Still Ill

They should at least screen the tweets they put up during the fight. Nobody wants to hear what Stephen A Smith thinks about a fight. Especially when he's calling Justin Gaethje 'Garth'. Predictive text error or not, it's pretty brutal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

mdwexford wrote: »
    Tony wasn’t at his best. Nobody knows why. Cutting weight previously was stupid in my opinion. Regardless I believe Justin is a better fighter.

For what it's worth, Tony has said cutting twice wasn't a factor - via Eddie.

Eddie Bravo also said that he wasn't supposed to be in the Octagon, the the striking coach was the lead. But striking coach told him to go in there and he wasn't prepared for it and didn't know what to tell him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Mellor wrote: »
    For what it's worth, Tony has said cutting twice wasn't a factor - via Eddie.

Eddie Bravo also said that he wasn't supposed to be in the Octagon, the the striking coach was the lead. But striking coach told him to go in there and he wasn't prepared for it and didn't know what to tell him.

Yeah I’ve heard that but it takes a toll on the body. I find it hard to believe it didn’t have an impact and hinder his performance. But that’s speculation, maybe it made no difference to him.

When he’s ready a fight vs Poirier would make a lot of sense and would be guaranteed fireworks.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

There's no way to know. But it certainly didn't help him.
    Tony might not have even said it. Eddie was high at the time

Advertisement