Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rick & Morty Werewolf: The Mortricks GAME THREAD

• 22-11-2020 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭

tD1As2Z.png

Welcome to the Matrix.

The Matrix is a shared computer simulation environment in which everyone can be anyone.

It was recently taken over by the Galactic Federation; this is something that our hero, Rick, cannot abide.

Rick aims to destroy the Matrix by routing out the Galactic Federation sleeper agents posing as denizens of the Matrix. He will have help - but how helpful that help will be remains to be seen!

Game setup:

Village Roles

Rick – The smartest mammal in the universe. Can literally do anything. Limited only by something piquing his interest or annoyance.

Morty – Ricks trusty sidekick.

Evil Roles

The New Vindicators

Supernova – The only player that can one shot Rick.

Krombopulos Michael - a shot a day from d2 to d4.

Snowball – Can neuter any player and remove their powers for 12 hours.

Evil Morty’s Cabal

Evil Morty – If peeked, will peek as good. If he finds Morty, he can disable his power and kill 2 people instead.

Fart – If alive on d4, can kill 2 people (equivalent of 3 shots).

Monster Beth & Worm Jerry – 2 life account. Player starts as Monster Beth and will absorb the power of the first evil role to die. If monster beth is killed, worm Jerry lives on and will retain any powers Monster Beth had.

Each evil team has 3 character seeking bullets. If they know your character / role, they can shoot it at you.

Win Conditions

Village: Eliminate all wolves.
    Wolves: Gain parity with the village & eliminate any other wolf team.

Game Rules:

1. When you die, please don’t continue to post or thank posts from the account you were killed in. Dead people can’t talk! The mods will get in touch as soon as we can to sort you out after your untimely demise. The Deadroom and all backrooms will be hosted on Discord. An account will be required to access it; please contact the mods if you need help sorting this.

2. We encourage you all to get as involved as you can and contribute to the game. Try to get a lynch vote as a minimum each day. 2 missed lynch votes may mean a player could be modkilled or replaced by a sub, depending on mod discretion. We will judge each missed vote on a case by case basis. Also, we require you to make a minimum of 5 posts per day, munch to lynch.

3. No cheating. This is a game that requires honesty and relies heavily on the players having integrity. So, as well as any other cheating, no PMing other players and no chatting about the game anywhere off thread while the game is going on. We have provided a deadroom and backrooms (to certain players) and this is the ONLY safe place where any discussions may take place about this game while it is live. See rule 5 on who to ask for access.
    4.NO EDITING POSTS. Don’t delete or edit any posts you make during the game. Doing so will result in a heavy penalty.

5. All players will receive PMs throughout the game, please no copying and pasting of any PMs that we may or may not have sent you, nor will you be allowed copy and paste anything from any backroom you may or may not have (so dont post about mod PMs or backrooms full stop). If you feel you really need to discuss the content of a PM with the village, please discuss it with the Mods first before discussing any PMs on thread. No sharing your backroom accounts or passwords with anyone. All actions must be done by you and only you.

6. All questions can be sent directly to the game mods if you are unsure about anything. Mods for this game are Baggly, Stu Redman & Clarabel. Please be patient.

7. Policy on Abuse: Boards has a no-abuse rule in place that is in effect in this forum as well. By all means, call people on dodgy behavior in the game, point out if they are being silly or behaving strangely, be aggressive in your approach; but do not abuse another player or 'get personal' with them. If you feel another player has stepped over a line, the first step is to ask them to stop; if they do not, please PM a forum mod (Sullivlo/Baggly/Quickbeam) or use the report button on the post in question. Forum mods will investigate and action any issues at an appropriate time, keeping the game mods informed of any actions as needed. Generally speaking - Don't be a dick, play in good nature, and if you hate something don't you do it too.

8. This is a normal account game. You can use your normal boards account, and if you need access to the werewolf subforum, please pm Baggly to arrange this.

9. Voting will take place on a separate voting thread here on boards.ie. Final vote tallies will be confirmed after we announce the lynch result, as soon as we can be sure the votes are correct! Please be patient as publishing incorrect data would be worse than any delay. In the event of a tied lynch vote, the last vote cast between the two tied players will decide the lynch. Eg: Paul WW and Stanley WW get 4 votes each but Stanley WW received the last vote, then Stanley WW will be lynched.

10. Have fun guys, we encourage you to have fun poking, memes, gifs, videos and such and such.

11. Game mods reserve the right to modkill a player at any point if it's clear that a player has deliberately threatened the integrity and/or mechanics of the game. This will be a last resort though, communication will have been made with the player to seek clarification/cessation on their actions, where appropriate.

12. A munch will take place at 10am on Monday, with lynch to follow; voting will close at 9pm unless otherwise stated. Lynch results will be announced at 10pm. Between 10pm and 10am there is a posting embargo and no-one except the mods will be permitted to post. This schedule will be followed unless otherwise updated by the mods.
    13. The mods have secrets. Not all game info is revealed in the OP. If you have a question on something, PM the mods.

NB: Not a rule but important for our community. We have new players playing or perhaps watching this game, so please make them feel welcome in the forum by behaving respectfully with your fellow players. If anyone new is reading this, we have a glossary of terms and acronyms, as well as the beginner’s guide, which is available to all within the werewolf sub forum. If you are still confused as to what you should be doing, you can PM a mod and we can talk you through it or arrange for you to have a mentor in the form of a more experienced player (whose advice you can take or leave ☺).
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mark on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Thread locked until all PMs have been sent out.

Please note any backrooms in this game will be on discord.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

All PMs sent. Have fun folks. Any questions or issues, fire me a PM.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

acf.gifv

Mornin folks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,945 ✭✭✭duffman13

Sunday Funday, morning folks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Little Miss Fairy

A slightly hungover genie queen reporting for duty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SnowyMay

Necro wrote: »
    acf.gifv

Mornin folks

Ummm.

Am I seeing what I think I'm seeing in that..?

Good morning y'all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Morning all!

Think it's obvious that necro is all of the baddies combined. Take him out and both teams fall ☺️

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Barney92 wrote: »
    Morning all!

Think it's obvious that necro is all of the baddies combined. Take him out and both teams fall ☺️

Hey! :pac:

Hey. What does “everyone can be anyone” mean? From the OP..

SnowyMay wrote: »

I presume it's part of the flavour. The Matrix is a big thing in Rick and Morty I believe (haven't watched a whole pile tbh)

• Advertisement

I presume it's part of the flavour. The Matrix is a big thing in Rick and Morty I believe (haven't watched a whole pile tbh)

I've watched most of them, sometimes more asleep than others, but I don't think there's much character swapping. Hmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Because Necro has only made 3 posts so far, I'm going to give him a slight village lean

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Morning, couldnt find ye but now I did

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Hey! :pac:

Just messing with you 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Didn't realise the thread was live! Hello everyone

Rikand wrote: »
    Because Necro has only made 3 posts so far, I'm going to give him a slight village lean

I was actually picking up a new controller for the PS4...

Shhhh don't tell anyone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Hello! Good @fterno0n!!

Howdy fixxxer :)

PS5 Necro, you are behind the times pal!

SnowyMay wrote: »

I mean Rick was a pickle at one stage so who knows!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

duffman13 wrote: »

I had great intentions for the last month or so to watch Rick and Morty before this game starts...that didn't happen. Google will be my friend here I think, I had to double check which one was Rick and which one was Morty this morning :D

PS5 Necro, you are behind the times pal!

Lack of funds in the run up to Christmas and a broken pad required an... essential purchase :D

Fair point. And I remember now there was one where Rick kept swapping with insect creatures as well. Took me three watches to get that one, because of reasons. :D It’s a quality show though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Neowise

Howdy everyone.

tumblr_onsgesKpsj1ujuk5ho1_500.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Little Miss Fairy

In the interests of research I tried to watch R & M on Netflix this morning. I'm still none the wiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Had no idea this was live..... state of these mods.

Sup Little Miss and beaker :)

In the interests of research I tried to watch R & M on Netflix this morning. I'm still none the wiser.

Samsies.... 6 episodes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Is it really 15:41 or is this a simulation

• Advertisement

Sup Little Miss and beaker :)

Alright N Town.

Sorry in advance for voting for you tomorrow. :pac:

Advertisement