Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Prepar3d v4 - x64 finally!

• 24-05-2017 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭

Released on 30th May. All of the big addon developers already working on upgrades for the new platform. Great news

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

John_Mc wrote: »
    Released on 30th May. All of the big addon developers already working on upgrades for the new platform. Great news

There seems to be a lot of movement behind it by third party developers. Finally it has a killer feature to make me think about moving from FSX:SE. Plenty of time yet, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

storker wrote: »
    There seems to be a lot of movement behind it by third party developers. Finally it has a killer feature to make me think about moving from FSX:SE. Plenty of time yet, though.

Yeah all of the third party developers have had beta versions for a while it seems.

I think P3D v3 has long overtaken FSX as the main platform as it's so much better in terms or memory management and performance. Going to x64 is huge though as it will allow so much more to be done within the sim as you're not capped at 4GB memory (regardless of the RAM on your computer).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Have you any recommendations for an A320 sim for P3D? Or is it worth getting P4D?

The Flight Sim Labs A320-X is undoubtedly the most realistic but it's very expensive and requires a high spec computer.

Check out the videos here to see how deep the simulation goes. It really is incredible.

The only other A320 worth mentioning was by Aerosoft but I don't think it's released yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Ouch with the upgrade from P3D to P4D and the A320-X, it is expensive, guess that I will wait and see if i get the job first :)

• Advertisement

smurfjed wrote: »
    Ouch with the upgrade from P3D to P4D and the A320-X, it is expensive, guess that I will wait and see if i get the job first :)

Moving from the Bizjets to the electric jet would be a nice change alright! Fingers crossed for you.

They announced a big update only today and it looks good. A319 & A321 to follow with full modelling of their subtle differences.

P3d v4.2 will be released any day now I'd say and then they'll release this.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Skyknight

Well.....for all you P3D folks, ver4.2 is now out

https://prepar3d.com/latest-news/
    and
    https://prepar3d.com/purchased_downloads/

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

Is anyone flying PMDG aircraft? I have the 747 a while but just got the 737 and the cargo addon over the weekend. Its fantastic!

I never realised how more complicated the Boeing systems are until now. Absolutely fantastic it is. m

They are working on a new project but its very hush hush at the moment but all thats certain is that its not the MD11. I'm putting my money on the 757.

Is anyone flying PMDG aircraft? I have the 747 a while but just got the 737 and the cargo addon over the weekend. Its fantastic!

I never realised how more complicated the Boeing systems are until now. Absolutely fantastic it is. m

They are working on a new project but its very hush hush at the moment but all thats certain is that its not the MD11. I'm putting my money on the 757.

Only use PMDG and Fs Labs as they are the most realistic, study level simulations.

I was lucky to get into the cockpit for a full flight in a Ryanair aircraft and I was struck by how spot-on the PMDG 737 was.

It has gotten even more so with the NGXu and I can't wait for it to be released for MSFS 2020 sometime next year!

September or so, it took a massive hit on the delay with re building. I use Aerosoft for the A320/330 but the A330 is quite buggy

• Advertisement

The Polish Designer DRZEWIECKI DESIGN just released a really good Narita for P3D 4.4/5 The other Tokyo airport will follow and will include the city.

Can anyone suggest a good Incheon? I had intended on not getting any more for P3D but seeing as we are 12 months away from Aerosoft Airbus or PMDG Boeing i think ill keep FS on the back burner.

Has anyone setup the TCA quadrant and yoke for V4? Trying to figure it out!

Advertisement