Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Retail assault

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Morathi wrote: »
    What overt racism?

Exactly, where is there anything about racism in the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

Exactly, where is there anything about racism in the thread

Posts must have been removed/deleted by a Mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭The DayDream

I actually think that despite how bad it sounds big brother/privacy wise, there should simply be a law that any time anyone of any age buys booze you have to show ID and have it scanned.

This would protect retail workers from being abused for checking ID, no one could claim that they're being targeted or hassled more than anyone else, and if it was the one rule for all it would be accepted that you either bring ID or don't get served.

In the states they are way more strict with carding and lots of bouncers at clubs and pubs will tell you it helps because even when someone clearly looks over 21, they get to see their name, where they live and guys in that profession can spot troublemakers a mile away, this makes it so they get a head start on anyone might need to be identified later on.

If you had to get your id scanned in you won't abuse anyone as you not only wont get served but your identity is recorded.

It only takes one arsehole to completely ruin a retail workers day or week. We absolutely bring that shiz home with us. For feck all money. I don't think booze should even be sold in supermarkets because we are way past the point of being a nation of merry drunks. We have way too many scumbags. Better off having an off license with the booze and cashier behind a barrier so you either act right or get lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Samantha0

Going forward, I'm not risking my health or safety for anyone who won't stand back, can someone let me know under employers responsibility of providing a safe workplace and under employees responsibility "Take reasonable care to protect the health and safety of themselves and of other people in the workplace"

Would not serving customers I perceive as an immediate danger to my health and safety for not respecting social distancing or mask wearing fall under this?

What should I do if I'm on normal checkouts (the end of the checkout is not even 1 meter away from us) and a customer comes through with no mask?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Samantha0 wrote: »
    He was already watching them, however he himself is fearful to intervene when there are 5 of them.

If security saw everything and dd not react in ANY way, then what is the purpose oif him being there? His job is to make sure other employees have secure work environment, which he failed to provide or even prevent from deteriorating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

Ok no worries I'll come around yours cough on you...

The Gardai have the power to investigate, it's how they can end up getting those that done it... They can request the footage and if it's a group as such of they don't know them then they ain't doing their job.

Silly comments to make.

The guards are very good at recognising some persons, I had the opportunity to show a detective some of my cctv when he requested it due to a robbery of a neighbour and he new immediately that the person was someone they knew. This was in north County Dublin and the known person was from south County Dublin yet he recognised straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

If that situation arises again then say that you are refusing to deal with the offending people. IF management or HR question you say that you "were in fear for your safety". You could add in that the employer is supposed to
    provide a safe place of work and the situation that arose was not safe for you to intervene in.

You'd absolutely have them.

Advertisement