Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

New Home wrote: »
    TA people expecting you to read emails they sent you instead of them doing stuff for you. ;)

And said person also had time to forward me "funny" covid memes in the interim.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Antares35 wrote: »
    And said person also had time to forward me "funny" covid memes in the interim.
    Ah, but those require no reading beyond a line or two, there's the difference. Plus, they were probably only forwarded, so that requires even less of an effort.

New Home wrote: »
    Ah, but those require no reading beyond a line or two, there's the difference

Neither did my email. There is no difference.

I also have to screen calls from this person to avoid her ten minute Netflix recommendations monologues. Yawn.

Edit reminds me of another TA, this new thing about only being able to forward to one person at a time, or receiving one that has the disclaimer "forwarded to many" - you mean I'm not the only chosen one? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭neris

Youtube ads. Apart from being too many alot of them are cheap crappy productions selling products and ideas that come across as seriously dodgy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,093 ✭✭✭✭blade1

neris wrote: »
    Youtube ads. Apart from being too many alot of them are cheap crappy productions selling products and ideas that come across as seriously dodgy

What are you watching YouTube on?
    If on a phone use Vance.
    If on smart TV use Smart YouTube app.
    If laptop, I don't know.
    No more YouTube ads for me but yeah they were a pain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

neris wrote: »

There's way more now than there used to be too. You used to only get one at the start of a video and maybe only one every 3 videos. Now I'm getting them between every single video and also multiple times in a video. Often I'll sit through an ad and discover that the video ends about 3 seconds after the ad ends anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,183 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I just saw Charlene McKenna doing an interview and her voice would go through you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

People, who love people “to the moon and back”.
    Usually used when talking about their “angles”.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    People, who love people “to the moon and back”.
    Usually used when talking about their “angles”.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guess_How_Much_I_Love_You

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

When the Animals forum was renamed to the Pets forum it wasn't moved in the topics list. So now the list isn't alphabetical anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,757 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

No more Netflix on the Apple TV:mad:
    Yes, I can cast from my phone but there's something nice about pointing a remote at the screen.

Edit: not Netflix - that's still there.
    Youtube is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,526 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

No more Netflix on the Apple TV:mad:
    Yes, I can cast from my phone but there's something nice about pointing a remote at the screen.

What’s the deal there?

You just gave me a heart attack. I checked mine and it’s still there and working.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

Dog walkers putting on rubber gloves, producing a dog-poo bag, and dutifully cleaning up after their dog but, instead of putting the full bag in a bin or taking it home with them, they throw it away or leave it on the ground close to where they cleaned up!

What’s the deal there?

You just gave me a heart attack. I checked mine and it’s still there and working.

Sorry, I'm being dopey.
    Youtube is gone from the Apple TV, not Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Up Donegal wrote: »
    Dog walkers putting on rubber gloves, producing a dog-poo bag, and dutifully cleaning up after their dog but, instead of putting the full bag in a bin or taking it home with them, they throw it away or leave it on the ground close to where they cleaned up!

Yep, sh!tbombs. Worst thing is the moisture and heat trapped inside harbours bacteria, ready to burst out when walked on.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Sorry, I'm being dopey.
    Youtube is gone from the Apple TV, not Netflix.

Another heart attack!

Seems it's the old AppleTVs that don't run tvOS.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/3/3/22311881/apple-tv-2012-youtube-discontinued-app-replacement-google-roku-amazon

Certainly a TA if you're running one of them. Youtube is still running fine on my Apple TV 4Ks, so I can relax for a bit.

People who don't 'get' a problem, no matter how many times or how simply you break it down.

Example: I ask a staff member about there never being any of that bakery product the last 8 or 9 times I've been in, no matter what time of the day, even though there's still a label and a space.

Person lists alternatives, I say the one I'm looking for isn't there. "Oh we don't do that anymore."

That'd be fair enough, if he understood the problem was that the label and space shouldn't be there.

Previously, I'd asked another person about the same and was told they could have some out in 20 minutes.

Both were managers :facepalm:

-_-_-_-

Shop managers who stand watching staff rather than using their own hands to help out.

-_-_-_-

Shop managers who bark orders at staff. One manager I witnessed shouting - halfway across the menswear dept in Next, Blanchardstown - which sequence of buttons to press, at the poor girl on till. I regret not going over to tell him to get off his figurative pedestal.

-_-_-_-

Shop managers who look or walk away when a customer approaches them, as if they're above dealing with the public (Lidl Blanchardstown).

It is what it's.

Iceland's in-store mewzik. Good gawd I want to scrape out my eardrums anytime I go in.

It is what it's.

oneweb wrote: »
    People who don't 'get' a problem, no matter how many times or how simply you break it down.

Example: I ask a staff member about there never being any of that bakery product the last 8 or 9 times I've been in, no matter what time of the day, even though there's still a label and a space.

Person lists alternatives, I say the one I'm looking for isn't there. "Oh we don't do that anymore."

That'd be fair enough, if he understood the problem was that the label and space shouldn't be there.

Previously, I'd asked another person about the same and was told they could have some out in 20 minutes.

Both were managers :facepalm:

-_-_-_-

Shop managers who stand watching staff rather than using their own hands to help out.

-_-_-_-

Shop managers who bark orders at staff. One manager I witnessed shouting - halfway across the menswear dept in Next, Blanchardstown - which sequence of buttons to press, at the poor girl on till. I regret not going over to tell him to get off his figurative pedestal.

-_-_-_-

Shop managers who look or walk away when a customer approaches them, as if they're above dealing with the public (Lidl Blanchardstown).

Managers who interrupt staff while they are serving you!
    Really? What you have to say takes priority over them actually serving customers?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,526 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Don’t worry, they’ll pick it up on the way back from the walk. Honestly. If you still see it there tomorrow it must be someone else’s.

The tide is turning…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

People wishing their children happy birthday on Facebook.

I saw one this morning saying “Happy 5th Birthday” with a load of soppy rubbish after it.

Talk about attention seeking.

Know it alls with big egos. Sometimes I'm like, I'd love to burst your little bubble and bring you back down to earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

In the Phoenix Park the other day,and they have someone going around picking up the dog poo.

Even took it out of a tree stump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭AlejGuzman68

Don’t worry, they’ll pick it up on the way back from the walk. Honestly. If you still see it there tomorrow it must be someone else’s.

Where I live you see the bags tied on tree branches or placed on peoples walls. I'm sure any day now they will collect them lol.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    When the Animals forum was renamed to the Pets forum it wasn't moved in the topics list. So now the list isn't alphabetical anymore.

Sorted. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I saw one this morning saying “Happy 5th Birthday” with a load of soppy rubbish after it.

Ha. I do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,093 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Pulled this nail out of my tyre today.
    Luckily I have a kit for plugging punctures at home.

IMG-20210304-130721.jpg

IMG-20210304-130842-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

I have one that wishes the child happy whatever its called, for each MONTH.

Balloons & birthday cake for every month the child gets older :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The blessed “ stay at home “ in the corner in RTE .
    I mean seriously , a year later do they think someone reads it on March 4th 21 and says “ Oops , we need to stay at home , I almost forgot but RTE reminded me “

• Advertisement

Several house hunting TAs.

1. Having finally gotten my act together after 37 years and being in a position to buy, we can't view anything because of covid.

2. Use of the term "host of amenities"

3. The fact that in 2021, a church is still listed as an amenity.

4. Use of the the term "proud to present to the market"

5. "Price on Application". Next.

6. An unpolished gem - read "shíthole".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement