Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's the etiquette here??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Endfloat

How we doing folks? First time poster on this fine thread here. I have several issues with the labour ward in work, some of which I'm willing to overlook on account of being paid to degick and having the benefit of free toilet roll and a very effective flush. However, my main issues are as follows:

Toilet roll dispensers that dispense from the middle of the roll and leave you having to tease the toilet paper from the dispenser so that you can get a decent wad, whereupon you have to iron it flat with your hand on your lap before you go to town on that bad boy, cause it's a sure way to get your hole if you don't put in this ground work. I mean, has the inventor of this toilet roll dispenser ever actually wiped an arse before?

My second issue is the base level stench, which is a mixture of baby sick, stale fags, piss and floral breeze (god loves a trier), even though there are no babies present and no smokers in the vicinity. Now I'll freely admit that I have on several occasions overwhelmed said base level stench with my own murmurings but it's not welcoming when you assume the position initially.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

• Registered Users Posts: 19,051 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

AloeVera is the contracted sponsor for this thread, my friend.

We have a three year deal with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭tgdaly

I'm usually a once a day person when it comes to coffee. While I usually drink it quite strong, I wouldn't say I much of a tolerance to the stuff when it comes to "greasing the engine" so to speak

Anyways I knecked 2 cups into me this morning and have since coated the pan twice with a nice shade of Dulux Woodland Brown. Hoping things have settled down now again

tgdaly wrote: »
    I'm usually a once a day person when it comes to coffee. While I usually drink it quite strong, I wouldn't say I much of a tolerance to the stuff when it comes to "greasing the engine" so to speak

Anyways I knecked 2 cups into me this morning and have since coated the pan twice with a nice shade of Dulux Woodland Brown. Hoping things have settled down now again

Matt,Gloss,or Emulsion?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Slideways

It’s been quite humid here of late and I’ve taken to wearing the shorts sans boxers.

Never really a fan of going commando but it certainly helps get some air up there and dry out the cluster.
    Was on the couch with herself watching The Chase and felt a ripper of a fart coming on. Hopped up to “go put the kettle on” and away she went. Like pulling wallpaper off the wall of an abandoned Protestant gatehouse.
    It was outrageous, with the humidity, heat and a feed of biltong the night before you could have hit this ripper like it was a piñata at a Mexicans birthday party

But even worse than the smell was the fact that it went straight down the leg of my shorts and I felt the hairs on the back of my legs flutter. Like I was standing on the quays as a double decker zoomed by. Very very disconcerting

• Registered Users Posts: 23,442 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Not flushing away your turds is an assault on the next user :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Pushed out a non flusher this morning. A little embarrassing having to wait in the bathroom for the cistern to fill up before trying another attempt at disposal

Gael23 wrote: »
    Pushed out a non flusher this morning. A little embarrassing having to wait in the bathroom for the cistern to fill up before trying another attempt at disposal

Poor etiquette Gael, wrap the lamh around a good ‘wodge’ of AloeVera,
    dip in ,grab the offending bolus,open the fuinneog and cant her into the next garden or if in a rural setting into the hedging.

Magpies love a nice shiny log, especially if there’s a run of Dalton’s SpiceBurger thru it.

Lads will shift it quanto rapido, job done, no panic.

(Washyerhands)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

That is my great weakness. Will often have to stand there and wait for 2-3 (even 4) flushes at work.

I can picture the quietness of the secretary's room with 3 ladies sitting there and the toilet being flushed 2-3 times...it's very embarrassing.

It's probably the butt of many a group Whatsapp joke...:(

• Advertisement

Poor etiquette Gael, wrap the lamh around a good ‘wodge’ of AloeVera,
    dip in ,grab the offending bolus,open the fuinneog and cant her into the next garden or if in a rural setting into the hedging.

Magpies love a nice shiny log, especially if there’s a run of Dalton’s SpiceBurger thru it.

Lads will shift it quanto rapido, job done, no panic.

(Washyerhands)

Dipping the hand it to retrieve a log is beyond the pale. The problem I have found is that after the first flush the structural integrity of the log diminishes considerably. It's just going to slip through your fingers and you are left there looking at it like a small child at the beech trying to grab a fistfull of saturated wet sand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Quantum Baloney

That is my great weakness. Will often have to stand there and wait for 2-3 (even 4) flushes at work.

I can picture the quietness of the secretary's room with 3 ladies sitting there and the toilet being flushed 2-3 times...it's very embarrassing.

It's probably the butt of many a group Whatsapp joke...:(

Yep. Happened to me many times. Worst time was on Christmas day in Balbriggan at in-laws. I was trapped in downstairs bathroom as the call went out to be seated for dinner. Family was sat down at the table and I was there desperately trying a forth flush on very rich smelling minerally load other side of the hollow wall. I was standing around like a fool waiting for the cistern to fill and got a bit anxious cranking the handle before it ready and making things worse. I think that day was probably the last day I prayed to god for assistance. Eventually had to push it down the pipes with the brush. Still remember the feeling of fear re-joining the table and the tawny coloured streaks and clotted paper I left on the porcelain.

Yep. Happened to me many times. Worst time was on Christmas day in Balbriggan at in-laws. I was trapped in downstairs bathroom as the call went out to be seated for dinner. Family was sat down at the table and I was there desperately trying a forth flush on very rich smelling minerally load other side of the hollow wall. I was standing around like a fool waiting for the cistern to fill and got a bit anxious cranking the handle before it ready and making things worse. I think that day was probably the last day I prayed to god for assistance. Eventually had to push it down the pipes with the brush. Still remember the feeling of fear re-joining the table and the tawny coloured streaks and clotted paper I left on the porcelain.

About 20 years ago (yeah it was October 2000 as I'm still traumatised by it). I was working with a painter for a few weeks while waiting for exams results. Anyway, one evening I was sent to some offices to paint. This was about 7-8pm as the place would be empty.

The place had only one unisex toilet. Also i was not on my own- there was this absolute babe working late also but in a different part of the same floor. She was 2-3 years younger than me I knew her family but not her personally.

Anyway, I had to drop anchor which proceeded without incident until that bad boy just started acting up and was going nowhere bobbing away. At that point I heard the babe outside the door- clearly waiting to use the facilities. Oh Christ...I too prayed to God for assistance on the 2-3 flush. The cistern seemed to take an absolute fcuking eternity to fill up...TBH I kinda blacked out on the 4th flush I was so deranged and I can't remember leaving the toilet. Only extensive therapy will get those memories back. I could hear her huffing and puffing outisde the door.

I'm still not right after it and that scene from "Dumb and Dumber" sends me off into the middle distance like some Vietnam vet reliving the horrors.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Bunted out a nice broad "Hawser" this morn ...immediately felt the better for it ....few things bring such a quick and welcome improvement to a lad's demeanour than a good fleshy sh1te.

Felt very positive and at peace with the world as I queued for coffee later ....released a very satisfying plume of sr$e gas to ensure proper social distancing was maintained.

Have a nice day y'all.....

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭You the man

Well my day was a different one to yours Nev..
    Settled in to discharge a nice girthy chubb.
    It obviously settled well.
    Fair ol bang from it so decided to flush the monster whilst still seated..
    The fish bowl filled too high to my horror and the cluster ended up submerged in blue loo sh1te infested waters.
    Dear god, I'm still not the better of it after the undercarriage was left 'branded' in the blue stuff..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Cheesey Cheese Hood Cheese

nice

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I’ve just had brown piss come out of my arsehole

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I’ve just had brown piss come out of my arsehole

I'm in the same boat brother.

Had a large curry chips, spring roll and a chicken fillet "sizzler" burger, that i'm pretty convinced was a spicy breaded doggie chew toy in a bun.

The farts were unbridled this morning, thick, odious, hot expulsions. The kids couldn't wait to get out for a breath of fresh air this morning, away from it. Pretty much an onslaught.

Had to pinch the sphincter tight for the duck waddle in to the jacks there a few mins ago. The second the cheeks hit plastic, the cow pat landed.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat brother.

Had a large curry chips, spring roll and a chicken fillet "sizzler" burger, that i'm pretty convinced was a spicy breaded doggie chew toy in a bun.

The farts were unbridled this morning, thick, odious, hot expulsions. The kids couldn't wait to get out for a breath of fresh air this morning, away from it. Pretty much an onslaught.

Had to pinch the sphincter tight for the duck waddle in to the jacks there a few mins ago. The second the cheeks hit plastic, the cow pat landed.

Cow Pat!!!

You got lucky bro.

Had a feed of ‘Patays Jumbo Spring Rolls Monster Box’ two nights ago.

Next morning arose around 0615 and had a ‘sudden surge’ knew there was trouble ahead.

Unfortunately there was slippage in the ‘firing pin’ and while I was poised over ground zero waiting for the ‘slow closer’ to get over half way down,

gouted a hot watery blast of sour midden all over the unit.

Serious footprint of mush........ still not fully cleaned.

Went for a shower late last night after a run and in the interests of saving water I will empty the bladder in the shower.

To my shock...it was bright pink like rose wine. Never happened before. First thing this morning I pissed into a pint glass to get closer inspection. I can only describe it as dark brown/orange with a tint of pink. I was struggling to find a similar colour to describe it but I think Irn Bru is the closest. Not too bad since as in the colour is relatively normal but I am trying to book an appointment with my GP. Also curled one out mid run in the bushes but that has taken a back seat.

All is not well in the state of Denmark...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

There was a lad on Sean Moncrieff's programme on Newstalk this afternoon talking about selling recordings of farts that he and a few other lads had compiled over the year since the lockdown.
    Flatulence.space is the link.
    If fart sounds are truly in demand this sounds like a money spinner for some of us on here (myself included!)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭You the man

Went for a shower late last night after a run and in the interests of saving water I will empty the bladder in the shower.

To my shock...it was bright pink like rose wine. Never happened before. First thing this morning I pissed into a pint glass to get closer inspection. I can only describe it as dark brown/orange with a tint of pink. I was struggling to find a similar colour to describe it but I think Irn Bru is the closest. Not too bad since as in the colour is relatively normal but I am trying to book an appointment with my GP. Also curled one out mid run in the bushes but that has taken a back seat.

All is not well in the state of Denmark...

Oi oi captain, that don't sound cushty... Hope all is well inside dude...

Aglomerado wrote: »
    There was a lad on Sean Moncrieff's programme on Newstalk this afternoon talking about selling recordings of farts that he and a few other lads had compiled over the year since the lockdown.
    If fart sounds are truly in demand this sounds like a money spinner for some of us on here (myself included!)

Alexa is your friend, A.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Alexa is your friend, A.

:D. Yes indeed. BIG FART is a much loved app in this house.

Brendan Bendar is considered the Richard Wagner of Fartestry.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

Not sure if there's something going around lads.

Started developing a fair bit of warm wind, had a dump of pure slush. Went out for a walk earlier (foolish in hindsight). Got caught out, had to find a secluded spot in a nearby park.

Jocks down, destroyed - used the front to wipe myself and tossed them into the bushes. Walked home commando in track suit bottoms which was uncomfortable with no support.

Nice bird spotted on way home too which I think was visible if you get my drift...

My missus ordered the Diavola pizza from our local wood fired place last night. I'd consumed 10 cans of Guinness the night before, alongside a large bag of garlic pork scratchings. My hoop is like that Icelandic volcano today. No live webcam obviously, but squirting out liquid hot magma at an alarming rate.

And then she has the temerity to be giving out to me about the 'funk' hanging around the apartment. Women, there's no dealing with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Cup of water poured from a height - will shift anything...

:D:D:D !!!

I love the 6 second one #34 ...

• Advertisement

My missus ordered the Diavola pizza from our local wood fired place last night. I'd consumed 10 cans of Guinness the night before, alongside a large bag of garlic pork scratchings. My hoop is like that Icelandic volcano today. No live webcam obviously, but squirting out liquid hot magma at an alarming rate.

And then she has the temerity to be giving out to me about the 'funk' hanging around the apartment. Women, there's no dealing with them.

Johnny ? are you back ?

Advertisement