Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satellite channels gone

• 12-02-2021 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Second night in a row around same time the Satellite channels have vanished must be down to the weather? was watching something earlier alright

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Quiet windy here causing some momentary breakup on some sat channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Check to see if snow is building up on the dish. I only get a signal drop out in extreme, monsoon like rain or a very severe gust of wind. If you are getting worse effects than that your dish alignment may need tweaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭martin6651

Have we lost more channels Smithsonian and PBS America.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭greasepalm

https://en.kingofsat.net/find.php?question=smithsonian

Still listed and no change.

Bookmark that link for later use.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

france 24 has gone for me

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

martin6651 wrote: »
    Have we lost more channels Smithsonian and PBS America.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058161397

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭madnessnmayhem

Second night in a row around same time the Satellite channels have vanished must be down to the weather? was watching something earlier alright

Just an up-date

not sure what is wrong here, my mother has 2 feeds from one dish, but this week notice when she turns off her box my Satellite channels signals comes up no signal but can get Irish channels no problem

so why is when my Mother's box is turned off my non Irish channels comes up with no signals?

our connections is coming from the dish it self so could be a lose connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭martin6651

Found them again thank you

NOTE:
    Smithsonian SD version moved at the end of January to 11456 H 22000 5/6 QPSK DVB-S
    A HD version is also available on 11508 V 23000 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK

And to clarify PBS has the same settings but changed from H to V 11344 V 27000 5/6 DVB-S QPSK

France 24 HD changed to 11685 V 23000 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

NOTE:
    Smithsonian SD version moved at the end of January to 11456 H 22000 5/6 QPSK DVB-S

And to clarify PBS has the same settings but changed from H to V 11344 V 27000 5/6 DVB-S QPSK

Thanks had missed that one as I rarely use it. ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I'm having really bad pixilisation and break up of all Sky Channels since the windy cold spell about 2 weeks ago. I checked signal strength and it says 90 and signal quality is at 70. It's been ongoing for 2 weeks now. I know the weather hasn't been great recently but even light wind and rain is now causing pixels and blue screens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

Gonzo wrote: »
    I'm having really bad pixilisation and break up of all Sky Channels since the windy cold spell about 2 weeks ago. I checked signal strength and it says 90 and signal quality is at 70. It's been ongoing for 2 weeks now. I know the weather hasn't been great recently but even light wind and rain is now causing pixels and blue screens.

Looks like the dish has moved slightly, a common problem since the recent storms.

My own dish also moved recently, for the first time in 10 years, I reckon it was because of the strong and unusual northerly winds that we experienced. It stood up to everything the south west wind threw at it for years, but it was caught out by a surprise blast from the north.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrtom

NOTE:

Can't find France 24 HD on 11685 V 23000

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Has anyone lost Smithsonian HD from a standard Freesat tune? Ours has been gone for months from our old Humax Foxsat HDR. All other channels good signal - Is it just now on a weird frequency that the Foxsat won’t do?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,319 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Has anyone lost Smithsonian HD from a standard Freesat tune? Ours has been gone for months from our old Humax Foxsat HDR. All other channels good signal - Is it just now on a weird frequency that the Foxsat won’t do?

Are you getting TRT World HD? It's on the same transponder 11509 V. The transponder is a weak signal with me. Also how is your signal on 11082 H CNN SD, and 11672 H CNN HD. They are also weak transponders with me.

https://www.flysat.com/astra28.php

mrtom wrote: »
    Can't find France 24 HD on 11685 V 23000

Works for me.

544250.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭gussieg

i feel like an idiot, trying to tune in a dish to 28.2, can get perfect signal from 19.2 but nothing at 28.2 i have two different dishes and two different receivers . the signal meters are broken, so doing it via the window . signal says up to 80 81 percent, but no quality. I could cry. will try again when i can get a meter. I'm wondering do i need a different lnb or receiver. used to be able to get signal so easily, and where i am several neighbours have sky installs.

gussieg wrote: »
    i feel like an idiot, trying to tune in a dish to 28.2, can get perfect signal from 19.2 but nothing at 28.2 i have two different dishes and two different receivers . the signal meters are broken, so doing it via the window . signal says up to 80 81 percent, but no quality. I could cry. will try again when i can get a meter. I'm wondering do i need a different lnb or receiver. used to be able to get signal so easily, and where i am several neighbours have sky installs.

Put your address into this site and select 28.2E Astra2 E/F/G for the satellite. It will show you the correct direction and also let you check if there is a height clearance issue from trees etc. If it was a Sky Q dish you may need to change the LNB. You can get a basic meter in the likes of Woodies for under €20 which will also make life easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭gussieg

thanks alot Gerry just according to this website, i dont have a clear line of sight needs to be up higher

• Advertisement

Can anyone explain to why my UK channels goes after my mother turns off her Saorview box? it comes up no signal, I've a Revez box and the 2 connections are at the dish, one goes to my mothers tv box, and other goes to my box, would it be a lose connection from the dish? it's been happening for last few days. In saying that there has been time when she turns off the box I don't lose the UK channels

any advice on what to do

thanks

Saorview box is normally dvb/t2 and not sat so should have no effect.

Sat connections can work loose or not tight enough and you checked behind your box.

greasepalm wrote: »
    Saorview box is normally dvb/t2 and not sat so should have no effect.

Sat connections can work loose or not tight enough and you checked behind your box.

yep have checked, unplugged it, switched whole thing off, checked connection it's only happen on UK channels when Mothers box is turned off, could it be a connection issue from the dish?

Could be as you said loose f connector, is it possible to swap boxes to see if it problem moves also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,610 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Also watch out for any outer braid of the coaxial cable touching the core as it leaks the signal.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Andy454

Check the cap on the lnb, they often crack, leak or go missing. Which will let water into the LNB and can cause the problems you are describing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

If you can access the dish try swapping the cables at the lnb , could be your mothers box is powering the lnb and the other input is not accepting input voltage.

Can anyone explain to why my UK channels goes after my mother turns off her Saorview box? it comes up no signal, I've a Revez box and the 2 connections are at the dish, one goes to my mothers tv box, and other goes to my box, would it be a lose connection from the dish? it's been happening for last few days. In saying that there has been time when she turns off the box I don't lose the UK channels

any advice on what to do

thanks

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Are you getting TRT World HD? It's on the same transponder 11509 V. The transponder is a weak signal with me. Also how is your signal on 11082 H CNN SD, and 11672 H CNN HD. They are also weak transponders with me.

https://www.flysat.com/astra28.php

Yeah, nothing on those transponders either, 0% both strength and quality. Guess I’ll just have to do without!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato
    Restaurant at the End of the Universe

any advice on what to do

thanks

If there is an option for LNB power on the Revez box, is it set to On?

It took a while but I don't mind. How does my body look in this light?

• Advertisement
Advertisement