Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭gestappo

Buster97 wrote: »
    I just got a date for my interview there, so I’m guessing they’re on to calling the next batch.

That’s brilliant, best of luck!

What was your score from etray if you don’t mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Buster97

gestappo wrote: »
    That’s brilliant, best of luck!

What was your score from etray if you don’t mind me asking?

Thank you!

I scored 581 on the E-Tray.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JDWW

I also got a date for interview, 2nd week of february.

Buster97 wrote: »
    Thank you!

I scored 581 on the E-Tray.

I’m not ‘too’ far behind you! Are you also in Feb?
    JDWW wrote: »
    I also got a date for interview, 2nd week of february.

Very best of luck JDWW! Again do you mind me asking what your score was?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JDWW

gestappo wrote: »
    I’m not ‘too’ far behind you! Are you also in Feb?

Very best of luck JDWW! again do you mind me asking what you score was?

Not at all, just over 600.

• Advertisement

JDWW wrote: »
    Not at all, just over 600.

I’ll probably be in March so!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Am I right in saying nobody outside of Dublin has done the etray yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

Sooo wrote: »
    Thank you for the info. I lived in Asia until earlier this year, would I need clearance from that country also? Or is that just for HSE employees?

If it was for more than 6 months than you need it for any department.
    If you are placed with ags it be a long time, 7 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭blondie007

mdwexford wrote: »
    Am I right in saying nobody outside of Dublin has done the etray yet?

Not yet no. They'll be calling a limited number from the other counties in Feb for the Etray stage. They didn't specify early or late Feb though.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭tomjmsn

redmgar wrote: »
    If it was for more than 6 months than you need it for any department.
    If you are placed with ags it be a long time, 7 months!

7 months? That's longer than I expected. Is that just worst case scenario?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

I waited 6 months, last year. I hadn't lived abroad, they told me at the time it could take up to 6 months.
    I don't know if it is any quicker lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Em2157

Can I ask if anyone knows what number they have called for etray in the Dublin open competition yet? I'd imagine they are concentrating on interviews for those who passed etray, but just wondering how many got called for etray in the 1st batch? Any news much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Sooo

Thank you. I had better start the process. Can I ask what is ags?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Sooo wrote: »
    Thank you. I had better start the process. Can I ask what is ags?

An Garda Síochána

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Sooo

Thank you - so helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 17 CP123

Hey, so I am verrrrry anxious. I have passed all stages so far and today received email confirmation of my interview to he held in February. So regarding my eligibility, my leaving cert results do not meet the minimum requirements, pretty much a write off. So I wasn't planning on using them as a eligibility criteria. I was planning on using (iii) hold a qualification, that in the opinion of the Public Appointments Service, is of a standard in
    terms of both level and volume of learning that is of at least an equivalent or higher standard
    to the Leaving Certificate (this will only be determined during the selection process or if a
    candidate comes under consideration for a position). Does anyone know what exactly PAS will deem sufficient? I have a diploma in media and production, a component certificate in Accounting and bookkeeping, 1 semester passed in level 8 Accounting and Business course Maynooth University (left after semester). I have 5 years experience as a manager of a team of 40 people in the hospitality industry. And for last 18 months I have been working for a tax consultancy firm as a tax administrator/office management position. So I have plenty of experience in terms of people management and working in a professional setting. I liaise with Revenue and the IRS in America daily on behalf of clients and I complete tax calculations, so all very maths based and up to speed on legislation etc. I am freaking out now that my education section is not going to be up to scratch and I will be disqualified. Do you think this is the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭jules86

CP123 wrote: »
    Hey, so I am verrrrry anxious. I have passed all stages so far and today received email confirmation of my interview to he held in February. So regarding my eligibility, my leaving cert results do not meet the minimum requirements, pretty much a write off. So I wasn't planning on using them as a eligibility criteria. I was planning on using (iii) hold a qualification, that in the opinion of the Public Appointments Service, is of a standard in
    terms of both level and volume of learning that is of at least an equivalent or higher standard
    to the Leaving Certificate (this will only be determined during the selection process or if a
    candidate comes under consideration for a position). Does anyone know what exactly PAS will deem sufficient? I have a diploma in media and production, a component certificate in Accounting and bookkeeping, 1 semester passed in level 8 Accounting and Business course Maynooth University (left after semester). I have 5 years experience as a manager of a team of 40 people in the hospitality industry. And for last 18 months I have been working for a tax consultancy firm as a tax administrator/office management position. So I have plenty of experience in terms of people management and working in a professional setting. I liaise with Revenue and the IRS in America daily on behalf of clients and I complete tax calculations, so all very maths based and up to speed on legislation etc. I am freaking out now that my education section is not going to be up to scratch and I will be disqualified. Do you think this is the case?

A diploma is a level 7 so that would qualify you. (i)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 CP123

jules86 wrote: »
    A diploma is a level 7 so that would qualify you. (i)

Its not an Irish diploma. Its city and guilds and the awarding body is OFQUAL diploma level 3. I have been looking up equivalents, and it says it is equivalent to English A levels or Irish level 5 which would be a leaving certificate equivalent. I got 6 distinctions and 1 merit, so good results. So do you think this diploma equivalent to leaving cert would be enough?

Its not an Irish diploma. Its city and guilds and the awarding body is OFQUAL diploma level 3. I have been looking up equivalents, and it says it is equivalent to English A levels or Irish level 5 which would be a leaving certificate equivalent. I got 6 distinctions and 1 merit, so good results. So do you think this diploma equivalent to leaving cert would be enough?

Sorry I have no idea. Sounds like PAS would be able to clear it up, but if it was me I wouldn't want to bring attention to it.

Best of luck.
    Hope it all works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Marie20201

Hi Everyone,

I was called for an interview in Dublin but I am hoping to get placed in the other county I picked. From what I understand the booklet states that if you go for an interview in one county you are not considered for the competition in the other one you picked.
    Do I just ignore the invitation from PAS regarding the Dublin interview or do you think I need to contact them?
    The only instructions regarding ignoring the invitation is "Please note that Candidates who do not confirm their attendance or provide Photographic I.D. in advance of their interview will be deemed no longer interested and removed from the competition."

TIA

• Advertisement

Marie20201 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

I was called for an interview in Dublin but I am hoping to get placed in the other county I picked. From what I understand the booklet states that if you go for an interview in one county you are not considered for the competition in the other one you picked.
    Do I just ignore the invitation from PAS regarding the Dublin interview or do you think I need to contact them?
    The only instructions regarding ignoring the invitation is "Please note that Candidates who do not confirm their attendance or provide Photographic I.D. in advance of their interview will be deemed no longer interested and removed from the competition."

TIA

Yes I would, I would also enquire as to how many were placed from your other county in the last panel before deciding not to attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

Em2157 wrote: »
    Can I ask if anyone knows what number they have called for etray in the Dublin open competition yet? I'd imagine they are concentrating on interviews for those who passed etray, but just wondering how many got called for etray in the 1st batch? Any news much appreciated.

I’m also interested in this. I’m just inside 500 OOM for Dublin and wasn’t called to e-tray yet, so it’s definitely a smaller number than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

If you go to https://qsearch.qqi.ie/WebPart/Search?searchtype=recognitions and find the qualification, you should be able to download a comparibility statement. Usually it has to be equivalent to a major award to meet the eligiblity requirement however as its a foreign qualification, the statement might help PAS to decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭niallmacsuain

Aleece2020 wrote: »
    I’m also interested in this. I’m just inside 500 OOM for Dublin and wasn’t called to e-tray yet, so it’s definitely a smaller number than that.

My guess is 250-300 based on someone earlier in the thread saying they placed in low 300s and didn't get called.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭HungrySeagull

Aleece2020 wrote: »

Hi Aleece, I was just inside the top 450 and I was called for e-tray. My best guess is the top 450 were called at the time for stage 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Zhome

Hi. I got a message calling me for interview in Feb and also requesting that I attend a testing session for Zoom.

Ive replied to the mail and received a holding response and I assune I will receive a formal reply next week.

However I was unable to access the zoom platform testing session that I was invited to yesterday. Could not get in for some reason.

I have emailed them to request confirmation that this will have no bearing on my being allowed to interview and await a fornal response.

Just wondering if anyine else had this issue and whether it might impact in any way....i hope not!!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Dont have the information booklet to hand.

If going through the interdependental stream of this comp, is a level 7 still required or is that for the open stream?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Dont have the information booklet to hand.

If going through the interdependental stream of this comp, is a level 7 still required or is that for the open stream?

Thanks

It's an OR requirement. There is a copy of the booklet on a post on page 35 of this thread 11/08/20 (I have no idea the post number).

You can have Level7 OR have completed 1+ year of a level 7+ OR passed LC with specific grades OR two years service...

Check that post for the booklet with exact wording.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭HungrySeagull

Zhome wrote: »
    Hi. I got a message calling me for interview in Feb and also requesting that I attend a testing session for Zoom.

Ive replied to the mail and received a holding response and I assune I will receive a formal reply next week.

However I was unable to access the zoom platform testing session that I was invited to yesterday. Could not get in for some reason.

I have emailed them to request confirmation that this will have no bearing on my being allowed to interview and await a fornal response.

Just wondering if anyine else had this issue and whether it might impact in any way....i hope not!!

Thanks

Hi, I did the test Zoom call the other day. Was waiting about 3-4 minutes to get in. The call lasted about 10 seconds with a lad who was just checking that your audio was ok.

I received a formal confirmation reply fairly quickly when I confirmed my attendance. Maybe send it again if you don't get a response by Monday afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭tomjmsn

Zhome wrote: »

Thanks

I wasn't able to attend the testing session as I was at work. To my knowledge it was a very limited window (2-3 hours) with only one day notice... I would imagine the testing session is entirely optional and nobody would be penalised for not being able to attend.

Advertisement