Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Virgin TV360

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Thanks, so both good and bad news

about 60 odd channels have replay last time I counted

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭tjhook

Just got the 360 TV box installed, and as everybody here has said, the performance is far better than the ould Horizon box.

Another improvement is that all the buttons on the 360 remote can be sent over IR (rather than RF like on Horizon), so my universal remote can control it properly. The Horizon box used RF and only accepted a handful of its buttons over IR.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shamrock 64

I see they've pulled Discovery Shed and Home and Health channels, whilst still charging an arm and a leg.Anyone know why,and are there any replacements for them due.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Both channels have closed down, not Virgin’s fault.

Discovery recently launched their discovery+ streaming service so if they were your main interests may be worth checking that out instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Mearings

I see they've pulled Discovery Shed and Home and Health channels, whilst still charging an arm and a leg.Anyone know why,and are there any replacements for them due.

RT News & Sony Movies were also removed late last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Mearings wrote: »
    RT News & Sony Movies were also removed late last year.

Sony Movies sometimes has decent stuff on it but RT is propaganda that should not be carried by anyone IMO.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

RT U.K. isn’t licensed here any more due to Brexit. No idea what the issue with Sony Movies is.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AJB39

I see all RTÉ 1 and 2 programmes are now available through Replay TV on my 360 box, which is great. I hope this is a permanent change, although you still can’t fast forward on either of these channels which is really frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Delta2113

RTE won't let them use fast forward and whilst frustrating which it is if you plan ahead and record the programme that solves the problem.

HGTV will be added early February so I'm told.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

4.29 rolled down to my box last night. Recording management has been significantly improved allowing you to set bespoke rules against each series recording including limiting recordings from earlier seasons. The ability to save say 3 of the latest of a series is there now with older auto deleting. Plus many more management functions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Delta2113 wrote: »
    HGTV will be added early February so I'm told

HGTV launches on EPG 210 on 2nd Feb, there's a placeholder there now

Discovery Home & Health was there, so Discovery are just replacing it

No sign of Discovery Shed (155) being replaced with another channel

How do you do that? I didnt think The new box had auto delete? The old one did of course.

If you have 4.29 go explore :)

Also in App - Settings - Recordings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

If you have 4.29 go explore :)

Also in App - Settings - Recordings.

since then I found that I could enable it via the app also

These new settings are a pain in the backside,I've been watching recorded programs tonight and near the end get a message asking if I want to delete the program from storage even though it's not over, and before I can do anything the program is deleted off even though there may be a minute or two left.Anyone come across this and is there a fix, otherwise making the dreaded phone call to them tomorrow.
    New update disappointing, no great improvement.Would like the ability to delete programs due to be recorded that have already been seen.Another step backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I'm thinking about getting VM tv to replace my Sky+ 2 box setup. Do you get 2 360 boxes if you get the multi-room package? Do you think it's a good idea or should I stick with sky+

These new settings are a pain in the backside,I've been watching recorded programs tonight and near the end get a message asking if I want to delete the program from storage even though it's not over, and before I can do anything the program is deleted off even though there may be a minute or two left.Anyone come across this and is there a fix, otherwise making the dreaded phone call to them tomorrow.
    New update disappointing, no great improvement.Would like the ability to delete programs due to be recorded that have already been seen.Another step backwards.

- Sounds like you have 'Ask to delete after watching' selected. You need to de-select.

CoBo55 wrote: »
    I'm thinking about getting VM tv to replace my Sky+ 2 box setup. Do you get 2 360 boxes if you get the multi-room package? Do you think it's a good idea or should I stick with sky+

-Minimum 1 main box.

-Maximum 6 (including main box).

-Each extra 360 is €15 per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AJB39

Delta2113 is right. There is a fix to it. Go into your recordings. In the top right hand corner select “Manage Storage”. Then key in your pin. Then select “Ask to delete after watching” and switch it from On to Off. You will then no longer be asked to delete a programme near it’s end.

AJB39 wrote: »
    Delta2113 is right. There is a fix to it. Go into your recordings. In the top right hand corner select “Manage Storage”. Then key in your pin. Then select “Ask to delete after watching” and switch it from On to Off. You will then no longer be asked to delete a programme near it’s end.

Thanks Delta2113,I was going spare last night,twice I lost the end of progs with that message coming up,did what you said and found the new settings, which gives much more control over programs.Question if I enable Delete all fully watched recordings and have save recordings until I delete them , does that now mean it won't re-record progs I've already seen, which is a pain. Thanks for the help.ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

-Minimum 1 main box.

-Maximum 6 (including main box).

-Each extra 360 is €15 per month.

Thanks for that, sky are 19 per box now.

• Advertisement

Can anyone show me where on their dreadful website what the exact lineup of channels are on the 100 channel package. Many thanks.

https://www.virginmedia.ie/bundles/broadband-tv-phone/ - Under tell me more click on 100+Tv Channels.

https://www.virginmedia.ie/bundles/broadband-tv-phone/ - Under tell me more click on 100+Tv Channels.

Thanks for that, are ITV 3 & 4 still available? No Alibi either, the missus likes her fix of Alibi:)

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, are ITV 3 & 4 still available? No Alibi either, the missus likes her fix of Alibi:)

Itv 3 and 4, plus Alibi are available on the 100 channel pack.But Murdoch mysteries is terrible now,its like a comedy.Not sure about smaller pack, probably be the same.

Itv 3 and 4, plus Alibi are available on the 50 channel pack as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

So many of those channels have out of date logos and some of them have been rebranded or closed down completely including Real Lives, Viva, Sky Living HD in the 50+ pack and True Movies, Universal Channel, MTV OMG, Club MTV, MTV Rocks, Heat and VH1 in the 100+ pack. Plenty of false advertising

The website also says you get 32 HD channels on the higher pack when there's only 31, 22 on the basic pack and an additional 9 on the higher pack

01 RTÉ One
    02 RTÉ2
    03 Virgin Media One
    04 TG4
    05 Virgin Media Two
    06 Virgin Media Three
    07 BBC One NI
    08 BBC Two
    09 Channel 4
    10 E4
    11 More4
    12 Sky One
    13 Sky Witness
    14 Sky Arts
    15 Comedy Central
    16 Discovery
    17 Sky News
    18 Film4
    19 Virgin Media Sport (plus 1-6 extra)
    20 Sky Sports News
    21 Sky Sports Mix
    22 Nickelodeon

01 Sky Comedy
    02 Fox
    03 Syfy
    04 Sky History
    05 National Geographic
    06 Nat Geo Wild
    07 Crime+Investigation
    08 Eurosport 1
    09 Eurosport 2

I'm thinking about getting a 2 box set-up. My connection is in the hall with a cable to the hub. Would the two boxes need separate feeds from the connection point or would one cable be ok with a splitter at the end to each box? I'd like to have the logistics worked out before the install. I'll need co-ax to both boxes as I want live TV on both.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,905 ✭✭✭dodzy

Had intended to dump the dreaded horizon towards the latter part of 2019 but time just passed me by. Got the self install kit today. 5 min plug and play and I’ve gotta say it’s like night and day. Added bonus that it automatically synced to my pioneer AV system for volume control (have the harmony one but it gets little use)

It’s a superb improvement on its predecessor (not that it had much to beat)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,905 ✭✭✭dodzy

Apologies if already asked but is there anyway to extend the RC backlight 'on-time' ?

• Advertisement

dodzy wrote: »
    Apologies if already asked but is there anyway to extend the RC backlight 'on-time' ?

Don't think so.

Advertisement