Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Desktop Ryzen 5 3400G, 8GB, 128GB SSD + 1TB, GTX 1650 4GB, 144Mhz monitor €664

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭flyandrain

it does not work for me...

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 461 ✭✭TetraSonic55

Code works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Anyone knowledgeable about PC hardware reckon this is a good deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭flyandrain

The code is working now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

flyandrain wrote: »
    The code is working now

Code is working, but if you click to checkout, you get the following message:

We are sorry. The product could not be found with supplied information, please contact our sales team on 01 9039559 for assistance with your order

Was working a few days ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭Homelander

Standman wrote: »
    Anyone knowledgeable about PC hardware reckon this is a good deal?

For a pre-built machine with a decent monitor for €720, it's a very good deal. The spec won't set the world on fire but it would run all new games fairly OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭PCDub

Can be got for 664e with the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

I can't mark as unexpired, but yeah, looks good again

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Kmagic

:p
    Homelander wrote: »
    For a pre-built machine with a decent monitor for €720, it's a very good deal. The spec won't set the world on fire but it would run all new games fairly OK.

Do you think this would run VR games well enough?

At €664 with a monitor I might be able to get herself on board at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Simi

Kmagic wrote: »
    :p

Do you think this would run VR games well enough?

Absolutely not. The gtx 1650 is below the minimum required for a good VR experience. I wouldn't really recommend this to people looking for a gaming system.

The 4 core processor and especially the 8gb of ram are already a bottle neck in some modern titles and that is only going to get worse as time goes on. There's also limited scope for upgrades with a 350W PSU.

• Advertisement

Think that's a bit dramatic. Where will you get a better PC for the money including a monitor? And don't say "build it yourself" because that's not remotely helpful to people who just want to buy a PC.

The 3400G is an eight thread processor, it's perfectly fine for the vast majority games, there are no games where it's going to be an issue for a normal gamer buying a pre-built PC.

8GB of ram is enough and it's not like upgrading it is some mammoth task, even if you had to replace 2x4gb sticks with 2x8gb later down the line RAM is cheap.

The GTX1650 is a good budget card. Not good for VR but for normal games, it's a fine budget card. I have one in my 2nd PC. Runs Apex Legends at ultra 60fps. Pretty much any popular game like your Call of Duty, Apex, Division 2, Rainbow Six will all run at high-ultra just fine.

Finally the 350W power supply is also plenty for upgrades. It has an 8pin pci-e connector, so upgrading to a very powerful card like the RTX2060 Super is perfectly possible....

Even with a Ryzen 3600 + RTX2060 Super upgrade down the line, your system would not be drawing anywhere near the max load of the power supply (which in all likelihood is under-rated, as OEM parts often are)....we are talking about a combo here to run games at ultra 100fps so there are no barriers at all to upgrades.

In fact Lenovo offer the RTX2060 in the Legion range, it has the same 350w psu.

So yeah, obviously if you're looking to buy a PC for 4K, VR or 150fps gameplay, the 3400G and GTX1650 aren't brilliant, but for an average gamer looking for a bargain they can just buy "off the shelf" that runs all the latest games fairly well, this is really excellent value at €660 including a decent monitor.

Down to 376e for the tower or 474e with the monitor. Bargain at those prices imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Sneachta

PCDub wrote: »
    Down to 376e for the tower or 474e with the monitor. Bargain at those prices imo.

Do you reckon its worth getting the monitor?

Sneachta wrote: »
    Do you reckon its worth getting the monitor?

Yeah it's a very good monitor for the price, see the discussion here.

Yeah it's a very good monitor for the price, see the discussion here.
    I currently have

Intel® Core™ i5-4430 Processor
    8gb ram
    gtx750 ti

You reckon the Lenovo will be massively better?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Great deal at 376 thanks!

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

Missed it. Sold out :-(

I currently have

8gb ram
    gtx750 ti

Whether it's worth it or not completely depends on what you use your computer for.

You can compare the processors and graphics cards here and here respectively. :)

Edit: Unlucky on missing out!

I currently have

8gb ram
    gtx750 ti

Light years better.

I managed to get one earlier this morning. They also went out of stock after last weekends price drop and came back this morning so might be worth checking for the next few days in case they get more or are selling in batches.

• Advertisement

Looks to be active again but with small price increase to 421e

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

I managed to get one earlier this morning. They also went out of stock after last weekends price drop and came back this morning so might be worth checking for the next few days in case they get more or are selling in batches.

Fair play, had full intentions of grabbing one of these for someone last week but yesterday when I was checking if the price was alright with him I saw they were gone out of stock.

Refreshed a few times this morning and it let me grab one of them about 10-15 minutes ago, and got an order processing email. Has gone out of stock again so with any luck the stock indicator is a real-time, live updated jobbie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Tempted. But for gaming Geforce Now is working for me.

Did anyone who ordered this at the weekend or later get a shipping confirmation yet?

I got one yesterday (for the desktop only, the monitor still says it hasn't shipped) but the tracking number doesn't work. I contacted Lenovo today and they said they can't find the shipping information on their system and would keep me posted.

Same here, got the shipping email with tracking number which doesn't work. Going to wait a couple of days to see if it turns up before contacting Lenovo or digitalriver.

Same here, got the shipping email with tracking number which doesn't work. Going to wait a couple of days to see if it turns up before contacting Lenovo or digitalriver.

Did the shipping email include the monitor for you or only the desktop? Or did you just order the desktop?

Only ordered the desktop/tower.

If you click on link "Track by Reference Number"and put in the tracking number it will bring up UPS details like myself you should have them tomorrow at some stage :-)

If you click on link "Track by Reference Number"and put in the tracking number it will bring up UPS details like myself you should have them tomorrow at some stage :-)

Well spotted! :) Did you order a monitor?

Edit: Does your package weight say 6.8 kg like mine? The lowest weight of the tower is supposed to be 11 kg according to Lenovo's website, hopefully either Lenovo or UPS are wrong and we're not getting the wrong thing delivered.

• Advertisement

Well spotted! :) Did you order a monitor?

Edit: Does your package weight say 6.8 kg like mine? The lowest weight of the tower is supposed to be 11 kg according to Lenovo's website, hopefully either Lenovo or UPS are wrong and we're not getting the wrong thing delivered.

6.8kgs as well but light for a tower!
    I'd imagine will be ok and a savage deal at 376 yoyos!

Advertisement