Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo to end €9.99 per month for life offer [Now €12.99]

• 02-12-2019 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

GoMo expects that 100,000 people will have signed up to the network by Christmas.

New Irish mobile phone network GoMo has confirmed that it will bring an end to an introductory offer of all calls, all texts and all data for a guaranteed price of €9.99 per month early in the New Year.

Launched by Irish telecommunications provider eir with the introductory offer in October, GoMo promised to apply it to the first 100,000 customers to sign up to the network on a rolling 30-day plan, with no obligation to enter into a long-term contract.

On Monday, GoMo confirmed that it will end its introductory offer at the end of the holiday season on 8 January, which will be the last date that customers can avail of the €9.99 per month for life offer.

a GoMo spokesperson confirmed that any customer who joins the network on or before 8 January 2020 can avail of the introductory offer, even if GoMo has exceeded 100,000 customers by that point.

Customers will also be able to sign up to GoMo after the introductory offer ends on 8 January and details of pricing plans will be revealed in due course.

https://www.joe.ie/tech/gomo-end-offer-january-688213

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,758 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Might be 99,999 if I can't sort out black spots in signal around my house that weren't present during my time with both Vodafone and Three.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Marketing gimmick of an article, journalism has gone to crap in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Joe.ie I believe you.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭seaviewphotos

I'm very happy with them so far, I moved my wife over and now I'm hotspotting off her phone because I'm with Vodafone and it's pure rubbish.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Joe.ie I believe you.

GoMo say on their website that they will be ending the offer on 8th of January so it's not like Joe.ie are lying. There was probably a press release about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Joe.ie I believe you.

00d532bd26.JPG

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

It's Eir - no thanks

Moved at the beginning of the offer & am totally satisfied with the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Me Too , I have moved 4 x PAYG from Vodafone and all are working without any issues, Gone are the days of topping up at random dates for random Vodafone PAYG a/c's

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭bunderoon

Not a fan of Eir at all, but I moved from three over to GOMO the second week the offer came out.
    No problems at all porting or with the service. Long may it continue....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Ordered a sim card and tried on 4 occasions this morning to switch my old number to them to no avail so cancelled the account

I've a feeling that it's because I'm trying to move from Eir (their parent company) and they don't want to take customers from their parent network so I cancelled my account with them (because why pay for 2 bills?) and will move my number to Vodafone to save €100 on a prepay phone

Next week, who knows who I'll be with

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

Ordered a sim card and tried on 4 occasions this morning to switch my old number to them to no avail so cancelled the account

Patience.

You usually schedule the porting, and even then they've completed it a few days after. Not a problem if you've a dual sim phone though.
    Use both sims until you get the magic "you've been ported" text message.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Sir montygom

i can not get email to start process...have tried two different emails...not receiving in spam or inbox...got through to chat support after two days waiting for response...they said try again after something they tried...but no joy:mad:

I've a feeling that it's because I'm trying to move from Eir (their parent company) and they don't want to take customers from their parent network so I cancelled my account with them (because why pay for 2 bills?) and will move my number to Vodafone to save €100 on a prepay phone

I moved from eir to GoMo without any issues whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    It's Eir - no thanks

It's not.

I was with Eir for the past 5 years and have switched to Gomo for the past 6 weeks. The reception and coverage is worse and the data speeds are much slower.

I'm going back to Eir if they still have the plan I was on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

It's not.

I was with Eir for the past 5 years and have switched to Gomo for the past 6 weeks. The reception and coverage is worse and the data speeds are much slower.

I switched from Eir too and notice a slight improvement, but that could be down to a new sim.
    3 of us switched from Eir at the start of the offer and apart from a voicemail issue it's been solid for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

I may have missed it in the T&C's somewhere but does anyone know if you cancel the monthly payment and re-join a few months later, is the €9.99 offer then gone and you have to restart on the new payment plan, or are you still considered one of the initial onboarders?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I may have missed it in the T&C's somewhere but does anyone know if you cancel the monthly payment and re-join a few months later, is the €9.99 offer then gone and you have to restart on the new payment plan, or are you still considered one of the initial onboarders?

Once you cancel, you are cancelled.
    If you join again a few months later, you will be a new customer and can avail of whatever offer they have then.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭johnb25

I ported two numbers from Eir 30-day contracts over to GoMo a couple of weeks ago, no problem with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭johnb25

It's not.

If its not Eir, which network is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

johnb25 wrote: »
    If its not Eir, which network is it?

The old Meteor network.

It's owned by Eir though.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭EmacB

The voicemail system still thinks its Meteor (at least the Irish language version).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Moved three sim cards over to gomo and very happy so far

• Registered Users Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Mr.S wrote: »
    I’m skeptical.

Why else would people switch to GoMo other than the price? If they up the price to €15/20 then they are the same as every other network.

It's €9.99 for LIFE.
    There shouldn't be any increases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Worst customer service I've ever encountered by a long way. They lost my number I've had for 25 years. 4 weeks now I'm trying to get it back. Frustrating and infuriating to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,845 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Moved my two teenagers over to Gomo, they weren't attached to their number so it was easy, coverage at home is poor, but they don't need it here our WiFi covers it, it's for when they're in town and out and about, there it's been fine.

So we've halved the outgoings there (20 a month each before). I would be concerned about porting the number aspect though, and that's why I haven't gone for it myself. Plus I still spend my unused 20 a month from 3 on storage, or music or films etc.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Loadedscream

I had a problem with my port over to GoMo also, worst customer service that i have ever encountered. they are just impossible to contact and i must have spent hours repeating the same issue for days on end. I only got sorted by reverting back to my old provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

No difference to eir for me, same reception, data etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭bromley52

It's €9.99 for LIFE.
    There shouldn't be any increases.
    Life in tech terms usually means the life of the product. As it's a virtual network there is nothing stopping the eir mother ship shutting it down in let's say 5 years and transferring its customers to eir. Even if many decide to leave, many won't. Either way it's a win win for eir corporate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,576 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Moved 4 numbers over. Two at the start, 2 more recently.

No issue with any of them, equivalent in practice to Vodafone for my usage needs and usual locations, and only one fifth of the price.

Very happy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement