Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

14-11-2019, 18:11   #2161
Niallof9

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloooof View Post
So more evidence against what you were claiming. While I’m still here waiting to see you provide a shred of evidence for your central contract claim. But there isn’t any cos it’s bollox.
Ok its all bollix, all nonsense you win. bizarre also i think i missed that one.

Players moving abroad would destroy Irish rugby, even though some of the players will struggle to break through the jam, and other provinces will be overrun with out of towners. Having a select 9 players out of a team game of 15, on big deals, with obvious bells and whistles attatched, despite form, or lack of it is perfect for us. You've convinced me. I take it all back

We are the envy of the World, the team who has never made it past the quarter finals of the World Cup.

Last edited by Niallof9; 14-11-2019 at 18:19.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
14-11-2019, 18:12   #2162
Shefwedfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niallof9 View Post
https://www.rugbypass.com/

ok all the stats there all of them. Even carries, passes. In black and white. all your poor analysis and backing of the wrong horse and your heroes, is there.

you'll also notice how the top line cc players played **** all pro 14, which somehow is being used as a yardstick to the health of irish rugby. even though they barely play in it.

This all started with somebody saying it was bizarre.

Yes its totally bizarre to take Zebo, SOB , Madigan, and perhaps Aki into consideration. GUBU indeed.

None of the naysayers have offered anything but anecdotal whataboutery. Irish rugby would die etc....how? lower attendances, losses, financial...how? The pyramid is now so loaded again towards the irish team that does it really matter where they play? I'd go down and watch Scott Penny, Kelleher, et al any day over Kearney, Earls whoever. Its like the RTE "stars" argument. Sure nobody would be queuing up for some of these lads. Others over a certain number deserve the payoff and it frees up space. And if it lessers the depth then start looking among the 1500 players that play below that. They found Balacounne, McCLoskey handy enough no? They can afford not to contract Kennedy, Conroy, Dardis.

I have no idea what this ramble is about. As I said, if you hate rugby stay away from it. It is better for your health to stay away from things you dont like.....

Not sure what RTE has to do with this either? are you talking about sticking Tubs on the wing?
14-11-2019, 18:14   #2163
Niallof9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shefwedfan View Post
I have no idea what this ramble is about. As I said, if you hate rugby stay away from it. It is better for your health to stay away from things you dont like.....

Not sure what RTE has to do with this either? are you talking about sticking Tubs on the wing?
jaysis

You said wales online wasn't a source, so i've provided u with a better one. both ignored. Rugby pass debunks most of what you posted during the World Cup as well, particularly in regards to how Joe and Ireland played the game.

The CC contract lads are paid huge money when in reality would they really command it overseas? Like Tubs and others in RTE being scouted by the beeb etc. It was the lad who the IRFU lowballed who got the big money.

CJ Stander offered 800k by Montpellier apparently? far fetched no for a one dimensional average international

Last edited by Niallof9; 14-11-2019 at 18:18.
14-11-2019, 18:19   #2164
aloooof

Quote:
jaysis

You said wales online wasn't a source, so i've provided u with a better one. both ignored. Rugby pass debunks most of what you posted during the World Cup as well, particularly in regards to how Joe and Ireland played the game.

The CC contract lads are paid huge money when in reality would they really command it overseas? Like Tubs and others in RTE being scouted by the beeb etc.

CJ Stander offered 800k by Montpellier apparently? far fetched no for a one dimensional average international
So you’re now arguing the IRFU are paying more to players than they’d command in France in England??

You’re claims keep getting increasingly bewildering. And inaccurate.

Last edited by aloooof; 14-11-2019 at 18:24.
14-11-2019, 18:21   #2165
Niallof9

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloooof View Post
So you’re now arguing the IRFU are playing more to players than they’d command in France in England??

You’re claims keep getting increasingly bewildering. And inaccurate.
sure. You think Earls would command top dollar right now?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
14-11-2019, 18:22   #2166
aloooof

Quote:
sure. You think Earls would command top dollar right now?
He’d command more than he’d get at Munster, yes.
14-11-2019, 18:33   #2167
molloyjh

I obviously ventured back in here WAY too soon.

At least I didnt Venjur in here though I suppose....
14-11-2019, 18:34   #2168
Shefwedfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by molloyjh View Post
I obviously ventured back in here WAY too soon.

At least I didnt Venjur in here though I suppose....

We have sorted it,

We are sticking Tubs on the wing and Ray Darcy in the centre
14-11-2019, 18:45   #2169
Squidgy Black

Will Addison's dog is getting pretty big I heard. Lovely coat on him.
Advertisement
14-11-2019, 18:51   #2170
Shefwedfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidgy Black View Post
He would want to keep him on a leash when feeding the ducks
14-11-2019, 18:53   #2171
salmocab

Quote:
Did we ever get a name?
14-11-2019, 18:53   #2172
aloooof

Quote:
Awaiting one poster to come on and tell us he’s a cat...
14-11-2019, 20:21   #2173
Niallof9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faugheen View Post
So you’re going back on your bollocks that the derbies have been ‘destroyed by player protocols’? Good to know.

If the big players aren’t playing every week then fringe players get the chance to play and make their mark. You’ve been pinching yourself with excitement over Ronan Kelleher but he wouldn’t have a chance if we didn’t have the player management systems in place and we had Cronin playing every week.

Do you want younger lads getting a chance or do you want the big players playing every week? You’ve argued for both cases in the last couple of hours.

Again, you keep arguing for the sake of arguing and it’s got to the point whether you don’t know if you want one thing or the other.
The whole argument was in regards to moving abroad in conjunction with central deals. Somebody said Irish rugby would die if they didn’t perform in the pro 14. Cc players are playing 8 or 9 games in it so how is that.

But as people like yourself love to say the player will break through if good enough. And Kelleher is quite clearly good enough, I’m not pinching myself I’m just living in reality, the lad is clearly a player. Meanwhile you live in a world where vdf is better than Leavy. Ya sure

In an ideal world Cronin would be munsters starting hooker as scannell is bang average. But What are you talking about me arguing for both, I’m saying many of the big players are the big cc contracts I’m saying should be shifted or at least challenged to perform. Not allowed dabble in and out.

But no they are mollycoddled on great gigs while others get shafted. I don’t want some of them playing if they aren’t performing. And how can some prove performance if they aren’t playing? And how can others prove themselves if they get dropped for a big name in the big matches regardless of form.. i wouldn’t have some of the big names in there. Some pick themselves. Some of the young lads aren’t ready. Stander, Murray, there’s no alternatives really. But that’s the crux, does that then guarantee them an Irish contract. The chicken and egg of Irish rugby imo.

I don’t agree with it, the best players at that moment should be playing. Larmour, Conway against NZ. It’s a simple concept which I understand you and many if not most don’t agree with. But we should stop wondering why we fail at world cups then.

Last edited by Niallof9; 14-11-2019 at 20:37.
Thanks from:
14-11-2019, 21:17   #2174
Faugheen

Quote:
The whole argument was in regards to moving abroad in conjunction with central deals. Somebody said Irish rugby would die if they didn’t perform in the pro 14. Cc players are playing 8 or 9 games in it so how is that.
Nobody said ‘Irish Rugby would die’ if they didn’t perform in the Pro14, just that Irish Rugby relies on the provinces to perform in it, which is true. If they don’t perform, they don’t get into Europe. Not rocket science.

Quote:
But as people like yourself love to say the player will break through if good enough. And Kelleher is quite clearly good enough, I’m not pinching myself I’m just living in reality, the lad is clearly a player. Meanwhile you live in a world where vdf is better than Leavy. Ya sure
You don’t read your own posts never mind anyone else’s. Kelleher has been allowed to come to the fore because of the protocol’s around the internationals. What more do you want? The internationals to play every week?

Don’t you dare talk to me about my thoughts of Leavy playing at 6 and VDF at 7 when you literally name checked Robin Copeland as someone who was hard done by under the Schmidt era and made loads of false claims which have been annihilated by those who know what they’re talking about.

Quote:
In an ideal world Cronin would be munsters starting hooker as scannell is bang average. But What are you talking about me arguing for both, I’m saying many of the big players are the big cc contracts I’m saying should be shifted or at least challenged to perform. Not allowed dabble in and out.
The **** has Cronin starting for Munster got to do with anything?

Quote:
But no they are mollycoddled on great gigs while others get shafted. I don’t want some of them playing if they aren’t performing. And how can some prove performance if they aren’t playing? And how can others prove themselves if they get dropped for a big name in the big matches regardless of form.. i wouldn’t have some of the big names in there. Some pick themselves. Some of the young lads aren’t ready. Stander, Murray, there’s no alternatives really. But that’s the crux, does that then guarantee them an Irish contract. The chicken and egg of Irish rugby imo.
And your solution is to send them off to France or England? And dilute the provinces? Seriously you’re moving the goalposts so many times and then play the victim when you’re challenged.

Quote:
I don’t agree with it, the best players at that moment should be playing. Larmour, Conway against NZ. It’s a simple concept which I understand you and many if not most don’t agree with. But we should stop wondering why we fail at world cups then.
I agree the best players should be playing. I already told you I agreed with Conway, but you went on a crusade against Kearney when Larmour had shown nothing until the RWC to warrant taking the jersey. Both Kearney and Larmour were playing well. It was a tough decision but to say Larmour 100% should have started is pure opinion, however you saying Kearney wasn’t playing well is completely lazy and just plain wrong.
14-11-2019, 21:17   #2175
aloooof

Quote:
There’s merit to the argument that Larmour and Conway should have started, I’ve no disagreement with you there.

But that wasn’t your argument. You said they didn’t start because players on central contracts have clauses guaranteeing them selection. Which is just not true.

We’re going round in circles here.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion