Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-09-2019, 17:31   #16
TimmiN

The best album for me is "The Gateway" by red Hot Chili Peppers. This album is something amazing!
Advertisement
06-11-2019, 18:39   #17
Deiseboy01

I may be the only person in the world who didn't rate the Stone Roses when it first came out!

Not sure what clicked with me but about six months later I loved every second of it.
07-02-2020, 19:46   #18
UI_Paddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deiseboy01 View Post
I may be the only person in the world who didn't rate the Stone Roses when it first came out!

Not sure what clicked with me but about six months later I loved every second of it.
I found their first album easy enough to get into. I think when you've listened to Britpop like Oasis and Blur and then discover the Roses you truly appreciate their impact, even more Electronic based bands like Hot Chip ('Over and Over' exemplifies this) shows the Roses' influence.

The Second Coming was more of a slow burner for me but I love it now and find it a bit underrated.
07-02-2020, 20:14   #19
ShaneU

This is Happening by LCD Soundsystem. Bought it, listened to it once and thought I wasted my money!
I still think Sound of Silver is much better but after hearing a few songs live like Home, All I Want and Dance Yrself Clean I went back to the album and appreciate it more now. The songs sound way better live though
16-02-2020, 11:18   #20
bendip

redecorating upstairs i had to move hundreds of cd's..in so i rediscovered my computers no cv and vulnerabilia, versus by kings of convenience..at the drive in relationship of command..aimee manns batchelor no 2..pj harveys rid of me...i can't stop playing them..my supernait is revealing them like new
Advertisement
16-02-2020, 13:48   #21
S.M.B.

I dipped back into Bachelor No. 2 recently and am enjoying it.

I never really stopped listening to Relationship of Command or Rid of Me.
19-02-2020, 23:07   #22
Reberetta

Mellon Collie & The Infinite Sadness by the Smashing Pumpkins. I thought it was overwrought and self-indulgent at first but grew to appreciate its qualities.

If you like music albums check out this thing I'm running. Participation would be appreciated.

Boardsies decide greatest music album of all-time.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion