Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-07-2018, 21:12   #31
Garzard

Would be interested to know how many applied to this - a former colleague of mine told me it was over 3,000(?) but apprenticeships do tend to attract a ridiculous number of applications for so few places.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
10-07-2018, 12:14   #32
Vladi_

I've got an email today asking me if I want my application to be resent with batch 4 on 12.07. 3000! Wow! All hope is gone now, haha.
Thanks from:
10-07-2018, 13:03   #33
Dubh73

Just got an email asking if I had been contacted by any employers. It seems I was batch 3, I have requested to be submitted again with batch 4 :-(
10-07-2018, 13:06   #34
Dubh73

Vladi 12.07.3000 ah well I didn’t get a year I just got July 12th :-) looking very doubtful unless those selected do not decide to go through.
10-07-2018, 14:07   #35
Vladi_

No, Garzard said that 3000 applied. :O

Just seen a comment on their ad on Facebook from a girl who had phone interview in March and still didn't get any interviews. I wish I only knew how this system even works.
Advertisement
10-07-2018, 14:45   #36
Dubh73

3000!! Just see Garzards message now that’s depressing especially when you know for a fact most of them don’t really want to do it or will see the 2yrs on min wage. Better start job hunt
10-07-2018, 17:03   #37
Vladi_

I have a job but no chance for progress there. And no decent money in retail. I was considering taking the accounting course but is there a point when I won't have any experience after?
10-07-2018, 17:31   #38
Dubh73

Hi Vladi

Are you at the entry level in retail? I was an area manager in retail for the last two years worse industry I ever came across. The work demanded for the salary is unreal!! I do honestly think you need experience with ATI which is why the apprenticeship appeals to me so much. Any change of becoming retail manager in another store
10-07-2018, 18:07   #39
Vladi_

I'm a cinema manager. Cinema is kind of a specific industry and not doing very good atm and has many different areas and loads of responsibility. The pay is ridiculous. And my cinema is not a part of any big chain so the only progress I can make is if the general manager leaves and she's only new. Also I'm sick of crazy rosters, working all bank holidays, no weekends and coming home at 1am. Too old for that. Rant over.
Advertisement
10-07-2018, 19:25   #40
Garzard

Got the same email today lads. I requested my application be resent also, as I've still heard nothing from the two firms I last interviewed with. I'm staying optimistic and hoping they just haven't selected anyone yet or any other logical reason, but it's getting extremely frustrating. I'd love to contact them and ask for a simple Yes / No answer but this is highly frowned upon and would probably destroy any chance of receiving an offer. Chasing companies up would reek of impatience / desperation.
10-07-2018, 19:34   #41
Dubh73

Sorry to hear that I thought you may have gotten through. Were you submitted at stage 3 also or sooner? Vladi pm sent
10-07-2018, 20:22   #42
Dubh73

Sorry to hear that I thought you may have gotten through. Were you submitted at stage 3 also or sooner? Vladi pm sent
11-07-2018, 18:53   #43
Garzard

Finally heard back from one of the companies I was waiting on - despite the excellent interview they're not offering a position. Absolutely fuming.
11-07-2018, 19:22   #44
Dubh73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garzard View Post
Finally heard back from one of the companies I was waiting on - despite the excellent interview they're not offering a position. Absolutely fuming.
Oh Gosh serious!!!! No wonder you are fuming such a waste of time. For a professional body it is acting in the most unprofessional way, months and months of the unknown making it impossible to plan. There isn’t any need for employers to drag it out they either know they are interested or they are not.
Thanks from:
11-07-2018, 20:26   #45
Garzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubh73 View Post
Oh Gosh serious!!!! No wonder you are fuming such a waste of time. For a professional body it is acting in the most unprofessional way, months and months of the unknown making it impossible to plan. There isn’t any need for employers to drag it out they either know they are interested or they are not.
Very disappointed and feel robbed if I'm honest. I'm not sure it's fair to call it unprofessional - it just unfortunately boils down to the decision of an external HR generally, no matter how well the interview goes so it's out of the hands of the actual partners / managers you interview with. It's never wise to get your hopes up but I really felt by far this one seemed to have the most potential - 4 apprenticeship positions were open and it was by far the best interview out of the lot, was confident I had a 70 -80% chance of success in getting this one. The company I interviewed with the following week on the other hand only had 1 position open they said and more candidates would be interviewing for it, plus I didn't seem to click as well with these managers. I'm still waiting for a reply though so won't write it off entirely.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion