Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nilfisk E140 pressure washer

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Sasso wrote: »
    What's that ?

it is for snow foaming a car like this

have a look at 1 minute 6 seconds or so..

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

Two questions please ,

Is the bottle container supplied with machine any good or is the eBay suggested snow lance different thing/league ?
    Second, if I buy eBay snow lance do I have to use specific cleaning specific product and if so any recommendations please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Scottie99

think I'll get this for foam http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Heavy-Duty-Nilfisk-Alto-Kew-Gerni-Pressure-Washer-Snow-Foam-Lance-With-1L-Bottle-/231404993231?hash=item35e0cffacf it was linked by baz who posted on this thread and in the detailing forum

the rest will be 2 bucket method washing so nothing else needed for the pressure washer for me

I'm sure there's better value elsewhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭john_doe.

Scottie99 wrote: »

I got this guy

MJJC Brand New Foam Lance For Nilfisk Rounded Fitting for Nilfisk, Gerni, Stihle Pressure Washers New type snow foam lance 2017
    http://s.aliexpress.com/mmY7fY3y?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard
    (from AliExpress Android)

What's a good foam to get and from where looking at bilt hammer on detailing shed but it's expensive enough

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Scottie99 wrote: »

send me a link ill buy it from anywhere I don't mind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭useeme

i bought this for the car. I feel the 2 nozzles that came with the machine will damage the paint.

useeme wrote: »
    i bought this for the car. I feel the 2 nozzles that came with the machine will damage the paint.

Thanks might get too.
    I blew paint off wall with existing one.
    Just need to get some accessories like snow foam , sponge and brushes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

john_doe. wrote: »
    I got this guy

MJJC Brand New Foam Lance For Nilfisk Rounded Fitting for Nilfisk, Gerni, Stihle Pressure Washers New type snow foam lance 2017
    http://s.aliexpress.com/mmY7fY3y?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard
    (from AliExpress Android)

What's a good foam to get and from where looking at bilt hammer on detailing shed but it's expensive enough

Op here. I have that one too.

No complaints.

PaulKK wrote: »
    Op here. I have that one too.

No complaints.

What foam do you use with it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

I had the autobrite stuff but tbh any old shampoo will work. I tend to use turtlewax a lot as it's often on offer in Halfords.

I've been meaning to pick up 10L of foam on Amazon for approx 25 pounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,098 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I use this:

http://www.slimsdetailing.co.uk/cleaning/snow-foam-lances/bilt-hamber-auto-foam-snow-foam-5-litre.html

Not the cheapest but I find it does a very good job of breaking down the dirt from the car and the 5 litre bottle lasts a long time.

Long story with amazon but ended up with two of these.
    Selling one now for the sale price I got it for if anyone missed out on deal.
    Box opened but machine brand new and unused.
    PM if interested.

Resurrecting old thread. My machine gave up ghost today. Simply wouldn't turn on for some reason. Checked out everything, power, fuse etc. No joy. Had chat with amazon and said problem with main motor on these. Refund no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭useeme

Mine has given up the ghost. Blowing fuses in plugtop. Intermittent starts when trigger pulled. Now wont start at all. Amazon have agreed to send replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭yannakis

Mind me resurrecting this thread folks? I got this Nilfisk power washer from Amazon back in the day, and recently got this Patio Cleaner accessory. It seems I also need a Lance Extension like in the video below to be able to use it without bending..

Anyone got one or knows where to get one? All I can find online is a replacement of the existing lance piece which has the special quick release blue clip on one end.

https://nilfisk.23video.com/video/50032658/easy-cleaning-with-an-extension

• Registered Users Posts: 43 morchgally

yannakis wrote: »
    Mind me resurrecting this thread folks? I got this Nilfisk power washer from Amazon back in the day, and recently got this Patio Cleaner accessory. It seems I also need a Lance Extension like in the video below to be able to use it without bending..

Anyone got one or knows where to get one? All I can find online is a replacement of the existing lance piece which has the special quick release blue clip on one end.

https://nilfisk.23video.com/video/50032658/easy-cleaning-with-an-extension

You don't necessarily need the extension and would get away without it unless you are very tall or doing a lot of continuous work. Just my two cents..

Also the rotating arm within the patio cleaner often became seized on mine and would not rotate. I found that grit was getting lodged within the screw on connection at the splash guard and would need cleaning every so often to get it back spinning.

I'm probably taller than average at 180cm but my back killed me first time I did the patio. And I definitely looked like a granny on a stick :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 morchgally

I'm probably taller than average at 180cm but my back killed me first time I did the patio. And I definitely looked like a granny on a stick :)

Haha in that case I think this may be what you are looking for, compatible with the E140 model:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nilfisk-Pressure-Washer-Replacement-Extension/dp/B00NI61P7K/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=nilfisk+extension&qid=1582188932&sr=8-5

• Registered Users Posts: 7,785 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Funnily enough that's the exact height of an average Irishman.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

morchgally wrote: »

Lifesaver, thank you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement