Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
07-07-2018, 09:07   #796
WishUWereHere
Registered User
 
WishUWereHere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1,087
[QUOTE=devnull;107433389]04-KE-16116 is still going, apparently without any working air conditioning.
https://midlanddeltic.smugmug.com/Tr...2018/i-vHHhgKC

In this weather??? Getting on this bus should come with a health warning!!

And this one was missing the outer window glazing above the side door
https://midlanddeltic.smugmug.com/Tr...2018/i-dJVNFNt

Really a disgrace. Must be some sort of record having 53 pages on a single bus 'company'.
WishUWereHere is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
07-07-2018, 14:28   #797
WishUWereHere
Registered User
 
WishUWereHere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1,087
[QUOTE=devnull;107433389]04-KE-16116 is still going, apparently without any working air conditioning.
https://midlanddeltic.smugmug.com/Tr...2018/i-vHHhgKC

Don't know if it was You who uploaded that photo and comment Devnull, but whoever did, deserves praise. Their comment really hits home regarding some governing authority to control circuses like DC.
WishUWereHere is offline  
(2) thanks from:
07-07-2018, 14:41   #798
devnull
Moderator
 
devnull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 9,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishUWereHere View Post
[Don't know if it was You who uploaded that photo and comment Devnull, but whoever did, deserves praise. Their comment really hits home regarding some governing authority to control circuses like DC.
Wasn't me that made it - just a photo I came across elsewhere.
devnull is offline  
Thanks from:
07-07-2018, 18:13   #799
WishUWereHere
Registered User
 
WishUWereHere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
Wasn't me that made it - just a photo I came across elsewhere.
I still doubt I would have ever found it but for You Devnull...Thanks!
WishUWereHere is offline  
Thanks from:
07-07-2018, 18:38   #800
Odyssey 2005
Registered User
 
Odyssey 2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 16,614
On the M50 today. The 09 van hook decker,the near side rear tail light flashing like a beacon on a fire truck in a hurry. He was in lane one, 15 seconds later he's in lame 3,stuck up my hole flashing like fook to get me out of his way. I was doing about 110/115....What speed is that pile capable of ??
Odyssey 2005 is online now  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
07-07-2018, 18:55   #801
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 2,955
This post has been deleted.
Roberto Square Hangman is offline  
(2) thanks from:
07-07-2018, 18:57   #802
Odyssey 2005
Registered User
 
Odyssey 2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 16,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prisoner 6753 View Post
All buses and coaches, except those catering for standing passengers are limited to 100km/h
Not all....I can assure you. That c... blew me off the road.
Odyssey 2005 is online now  
Thanks from:
07-07-2018, 19:01   #803
Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime
Registered User
 
Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssey 2005 View Post
Not all....I can assure you. That c... blew me off the road.
I believe you

But it's all hearsay until proved and vehicles tested/checked

I've often drove to/from Belfast, Limerick, cork etc in different various coaches all limited to 100km/h and have being left standing by those green Nazis.

I'm talking me cruising at 100km/h and felt like I was stopped compared to one of those things.
Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime is offline  
07-07-2018, 20:11   #804
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 2,955
This post has been deleted.
Roberto Square Hangman is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
08-07-2018, 20:27   #805
tabbey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssey 2005 View Post
On the M50 today. The 09 van hook decker,the near side rear tail light flashing like a beacon on a fire truck in a hurry. He was in lane one, 15 seconds later he's in lame 3,stuck up my hole flashing like fook to get me out of his way. I was doing about 110/115....What speed is that pile capable of ??
You should not be in the overtaking lane unless you are actually overtaking.

You fail to understand the difference between your actual speed and that displayed on your speedometer. Speedometers have to over read to some extent. When you thought you were doing 110/115 kph, you may well have been doing 100 or less.
tabbey is offline  
Thanks from:
08-07-2018, 22:25   #806
Odyssey 2005
Registered User
 
Odyssey 2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 16,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabbey View Post
You should not be in the overtaking lane unless you are actually overtaking.

You fail to understand the difference between your actual speed and that displayed on your speedometer. Speedometers have to over read to some extent. When you thought you were doing 110/115 kph, you may well have been doing 100 or less.
WTF are you on about. If your car (or your green bus) is out by that much you should change it..

Was that you in the 08 setra on the m50 last night in lane 3 for about 10 mins ?
Odyssey 2005 is online now  
17-07-2018, 15:37   #807
JCX BXC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 16,766
Currently on a 04 Setra stuck in a tailback in Castlemartyr, WiFi doesn't work, a pungent smell from the bathroom, violently vibrating seats, most roof panels missing and frightening noises from the undercarriage.

Think that qualifies as a "Dublin Coach Experience".

Last edited by JCX BXC; 18-07-2018 at 13:18.
JCX BXC is offline  
17-07-2018, 18:59   #808
punisher5112
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 18,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCX BXC View Post
Currently on a 04 Setra stuck in a tailback in Castlemartyr, WiFi doesn't work, a pungent smell from the bathrooms, violently vibrating seats, most roof panels missing and frightening noises from the undercarriage.

Think that qualifies as a "Dublin Coach Experience".
Sounds extremely like the bus from speed....
Keanu is on his way to put a screw driver in the tank.



Have you asked the driver how fast he is going???
punisher5112 is offline  
Thanks from:
18-07-2018, 13:17   #809
JCX BXC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 16,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher5112 View Post
Sounds extremely like the bus from speed....
Keanu is on his way to put a screw driver in the tank.



Have you asked the driver how fast he is going???
I did not. To be fair the traffic was so that I doubt there was many periods above 80km/h. Once we did start moving the shaking was great fun!

Only about 7 people on the bus, 4 of which got off in Dungarvan.
JCX BXC is offline  
Thanks from:
18-07-2018, 18:51   #810
Drifter50
Registered User
 
Drifter50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 454
If I was using a DB service to be somewhere essential like a flight or a hospital appointment, I would be stopping and saying hold, I need to be there. Perhaps the Dub/Belfast route is an exception

When you are looking at a budget trip where time is important but not critically so then maybe
Drifter50 is online now  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet