Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

01-12-2010, 19:43   #1651
cartom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrag2E View Post
does anyone know what its like Northside Dublin...finglas to clontarf///

leaving Chapelizod at 10 and heading to Coolock.
Just stopped snowing in Finglas. It has been very heavy Groupel
Advertisement
01-12-2010, 19:43   #1652
Lady_North1

Lightening in Swords. Snow shower a while ago. Can we expect more?
01-12-2010, 19:43   #1653
Calibos

I am embaressed to admit this but I have a major case of 'sour grapes' goin on atm.
On the East Coasts biggest snow day in 23 years Bray Seafront area accumulated 1 inch of hail/ Graupel combo in a half hour shower at 10am. The resulting slush has 'soaked' up what little 2-3 minute showers of hail and graupel we got on and off the rest of the day. ie. Our slush got bulked up. We have had about 30 minutes total in showers today whereas Greystones on the other side of Bray head about 2 miles away has had 30 minutes without falling snow today. Bray has been under a gap in Cloud Streams all day long.

What we have is enough to be massively inconvenient to people but not enough to be worth a play in nor is it aesthetically pleasing to look at.

If this is all Bray can hope for for the rest of this cold period then I would prefer it were gone.

PS. I recognise that as an adult this level of sour grapes and frustration and resultant bad mood and snappyness all because I didn't get the types or amounts of snow I wanted is symptomatic of addiction and I will soon be seeking professional help.
(2) thanks from:
01-12-2010, 19:44   #1654
JanuarySnowstor

Quote:
Originally Posted by baraca View Post
I logged in just to thank this post.
Why, are you the missus
(2) thanks from:
01-12-2010, 19:44   #1655

just had a some thunder and a bit of snow in palmerstown, the sky looks like we could be in for a pasting! hopefully no work tomorrow I dont fancy sitting in 2 hours of traffic again
Advertisement
01-12-2010, 19:45   #1656
Pentecost

No real snow in Ballybough/Drumcondra as yet. Boourns.
01-12-2010, 19:46   #1657

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerc View Post
Since it started snowing all my missus has done is look through the window.......

If it gets any worse I suppose I'll have to let her in.
You following Jimmy Carr on Twitter too?
Thanks from:
01-12-2010, 19:46   #1658
Banned

what a day in Dublin. blizzards on and off all day in the city centre. Walked home from work in heavy snow.

So white outside and so quiet.

Lovely stuff
01-12-2010, 19:47   #1659

Epic journey on the way home from Baggot Street to Stamullen. It took me 3 hours by train/walking. The car got stuck wheel spinning on the bridge over the motorway just before Stamullen. A night in shining armour came to my rescue and reversed it down the hill to get a good run at it. I'm not going out in that tomorrow. Well maybe to make snow people with little people.

What are the chances of getting from Stamullen to Portmarnock on Saturday for my brother's wedding. Then onto Summerhill House Hotel in Enniskerry for the reception.

A nightmare all round.
Advertisement
01-12-2010, 19:47   #1660
Gonzo

Send a message via MSN to Gonzo
only half an inch of snow has fallen here since 9am this morning, feking Isle of Man.
01-12-2010, 19:47   #1661
del88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibos View Post
I am embaressed to admit this but I have a major case of 'sour grapes' goin on atm.
On the East Coasts biggest snow day in 23 years Bray Seafront area accumulated 1 inch of hail/ Graupel combo in a half hour shower at 10am. The resulting slush has 'soaked' up what little 2-3 minute showers of hail and graupel we got on and off the rest of the day. ie. Our slush got bulked up. We have had about 30 minutes total in showers today whereas Greystones on the other side of Bray head about 2 miles away has had 30 minutes without falling snow today. Bray has been under a gap in Cloud Streams all day long.

What we have is enough to be massively inconvenient to people but not enough to be worth a play in nor is it aesthetically pleasing to look at.

If this is all Bray can hope for for the rest of this cold period then I would prefer it were gone.

PS. I recognise that as an adult this level of sour grapes and frustration and resultant bad mood and snappyness all because I didn't get the types or amounts of snow I wanted is symptomatic of addiction and I will soon be seeking professional help.
Could howth cause the same shadowing effect as the isle of man is causing in north county dublin??....
01-12-2010, 19:47   #1662
DelBoyCORCAIGH

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1m1o1 View Post
Nah you won the gaa final Dublins keeping all its snow sorry
I guess ye can have that much
Thanks from:
01-12-2010, 19:48   #1663

Unreal snow here in Lucan flakes are huge.. Think it's heading west.. Never seen anything like this..
Thanks from:
01-12-2010, 19:49   #1664
soccerc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldebaran View Post
You following Jimmy Carr on Twitter too?
No, son sent it to me by text

Anyway on topic, there is still no snow here in Longford
01-12-2010, 19:49   #1665

Some serious lightning flashes going on far out to sea from here.
Roads like ice rinks nothing moving for miles, the utter silence only broken by the very distant and gentle rumble of thunder coming in off the sea.
Absolutely beautiful evening, slight chill in the air at -3.9
Thread Closed