Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dragonpass 10 USD (8.99 EUR) per visit (Airport Lounge Access)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

I had the same issue (no lounges when searched) until an hour ago but all looks good again.

Plus you can still buy the $10 passes.

I’ve availed of the $10 pass twice so far in Paris and Budapest. Their lounges are very poor quality(food, seating), I used to have status with BA and Aer Lingus and took lounges(most case far superior) for granted as they weren’t costing me anything, but paying for these sub standard lounges yourself makes you think twice and I wouldn’t pay a cent more than $10 for the DragonPass lounges.

Tbh I’m a bit apprehensive to use on my travel next week because of the virus (their lounges are cramped and crappy finger food out in the open etc). I know this sounds daft considering I’m getting on a plane on the first place.

Lookup reviews before you go and pick the best one for your lounge pass.

I've found lounges in Spain are generally very good, with a good selection of hot food, nice drinks and even some with lovely outside terraces (Gran Canaria Airport is great for example as is Barcelona)

Germany is very basic, just booze, coffee and cold snacks.

There are a few surprise ones as well in smaller airports in Poland

I went to the Platinum Lounge in Budapest, was decent and it was next to my gate with good drinks/hot food and fast wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭VG31

I’ve availed of the $10 pass twice so far in Paris and Budapest. Their lounges are very poor quality(food, seating), I used to have status with BA and Aer Lingus and took lounges(most case far superior) for granted as they weren’t costing me anything, but paying for these sub standard lounges yourself makes you think twice and I wouldn’t pay a cent more than $10 for the DragonPass lounges.

They're not "DragonPass lounges". The vast majority are either contractor or airport run lounges. I have Priority Pass as well and they use mostly the same lounges (they have a slightly better selection but not much).

The chances are if you are flying business class with an airline from an airport that is either not a hub for them or an alliance partner, you would likely end up in one of these lounges anyway.

You just need to look up reviews to make sure it's not a waste of time. However for $10 my standards are lower than if I were paying £20 with Priority Pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

The lounges are back for me now.

Me too now, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 42 aflossj

Have only been to a handful of lounges but can highly recommend the Primeclass Lounge in Zurich Terminal E (Aer Lingus mostly fly from here).

Fresh hot and cold food, great selection of drinks, surprisingly good coffee from a machine, clean showers, lockers, plenty of workspace and a nice open air balcony/viewing area.

Was over the moon to see that it accepts DragonPass.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Has anyone managed to get a guest in?

I am flying from Stansted next month and would like to bring a guest in if possible.

I contacted Stansted and got the following reply:

"If we can accommodate two people using 2 x credits, then of course we will do this providing the merchant allows this.

For example, providing dragon pass allow their customers to use 2 x credits to bring in a friend, we would allow this (subject to availability).

I would advise checking the terms and conditions with Dragon Pass before journeying to our airport."

• Advertisement

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    Has anyone managed to get a guest in?

I am flying from Stansted next month and would like to bring a guest in if possible.

I contacted Stansted and got the following reply:

"If we can accommodate two people using 2 x credits, then of course we will do this providing the merchant allows this.

For example, providing dragon pass allow their customers to use 2 x credits to bring in a friend, we would allow this (subject to availability).

I would advise checking the terms and conditions with Dragon Pass before journeying to our airport."

Dragonpass don't allow this unforunately with the RED Membership.

Prioritypass does, e.g. with AMEX Platinum you can bring 1 guest with you for free or indeed pay if you have standard membership.

That Dragonpass Dufry pass is only the pass tied to the name of the user:

"Note: The lounge access top up rate for membership issued by third party may differ with the above mentioned standard rate."

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

redcup342 wrote: »
    Dragonpass don't allow this unforunately with the RED Membership.

Prioritypass does, e.g. with AMEX Platinum you can bring 1 guest with you for free or indeed pay if you have standard membership.
    That Dragonpass Dufry pass is only the pass tied to the name of the user:

"Note: The lounge access top up rate for membership issued by third party may differ with the above mentioned standard rate."

It's all the same app though. Other people in the thread have said they were able to use it with guests and just had 2 visits scanned.

Personally, I'll be chancing it. If I can't get my guest in, no harm and we'll just not bother.

irish_goat wrote: »
    It's all the same app though. Other people in the thread have said they were able to use it with guests and just had 2 visits scanned.

Personally, I'll be chancing it. If I can't get my guest in, no harm and we'll just not bother.

Yep it's just QR Code, but the code is valid for 1 person named person or 1 named person + 1 Guest.

Maybe London stansted is different but that's my experience so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niall20

I was asked if I would like 2 guests scanned with same pass (in both Dublin and a Spanish lounge) but since I didn't accept the offer I can't tell you if it worked or not. Its possible that the system would not have let them do it this way. If someone else is able to bring a guest please post and let us know for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭dwasol

is the offer price working again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭ooter

I am flying out of Stansted at 0630 in a few weeks time and will be arriving at the airport in the early hours, would it be worth my while signing up for this to gain access to one of the lounges?
    it's £27 to book directly on the Stansted airport website.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

ooter wrote: »
    I am flying out of Stansted at 0630 in a few weeks time and will be arriving at the airport in the early hours, would it be worth my while signing up for this to gain access to one of the lounges?
    it's £27 to book directly on the Stansted airport website.

The sign up window is closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 galwaydoc

Okay, just wanted to report that I have now been a RED by Dufry member, and a Dragonpass member for over one month.

I still have Platinum membership on RED and still can buy $10 passes. Looks like we'll get a full year out of this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

galwaydoc wrote: »
    Okay, just wanted to report that I have now been a RED by Dufry member, and a Dragonpass member for over one month.

I still have Platinum membership on RED and still can buy $10 passes. Looks like we'll get a full year out of this!

Same here.

Also used Primeclass lounge at Frankfurt airport yesterday. No problems at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

Tried to get a guest in at DUB terminal 1 DAA lounge. They said they couldn't scan the same barcode for another 120 minutes. It felt like she would have liked to do it but the computer said "no".

Also, I'm over a month and $10 passes still available.

Thanks OP. Great bargain alert.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Nearly 6 weeks in and I'm still getting the $10 passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Gutted I missed this... Any chance passes can be bought on one of yer accounts for me? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

Nearly 6 weeks in and I'm still getting the $10 passes.

Same here, happy days ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜.

I've used Aspire lounge in Gatwick South, Plaza premium at Heathrow T3 arrivals and Escape at Stansted airport.

No problem using any of them anywhere, staff always seem happy to accept them and are helpful and courteous.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 horseireland

Used it in T1 lounge Dublin for myself and my wife no problem. Asked how many on the card ? Answered 2 Reply WELCOME .

Bargain $10

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭mac_daddy

Used in Gothenburg yesterday with no issues, bought the pass two minutes before going into the lounge. My 7 year old daughter got in for free. €9 for us both..... pretty good!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

Used it in T1 lounge Dublin for myself and my wife no problem. Asked how many on the card ? Answered 2 Reply WELCOME .

Bargain $10

did you use 2 passes on same card?
    someone previously mentioned the computer was unable to scan 2nd pass

• Registered Users Posts: 37 horseireland

did you use 2 passes on same card?
    someone previously mentioned the computer was unable to scan 2nd pass

No 1pass

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

I'm in JFK at the moment flying with Aer Lingus so T5 and there are no dragonpass lounges in T5. For anyone that was planning on arriving early and chilling out in the lounge before their flight. The lounges in the other terminals judging on the reviews on the app suggest DP holders seem to be rejected from there anyway

DuffleBag wrote: »
    I'm in JFK at the moment flying with Aer Lingus so T5 and there are no dragonpass lounges in T5. For anyone that was planning on arriving early and chilling out in the lounge before their flight. The lounges in the other terminals judging on the reviews on the app suggest DP holders seem to be rejected from there anyway

Terminal 5 in JFK has the Paris Cafe prior to security though:
    https://en.dragonpass.com.cn/restaurant/387358

Terminal 1,4 and 8 all have airside lounges though:
    https://en.dragonpass.com.cn/airports/100315

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

redcup342 wrote: »
    Terminal 5 in JFK has the Paris Cafe prior to security though:
    https://en.dragonpass.com.cn/restaurant/387358

Terminal 1,4 and 8 all have airside lounges though:
    https://en.dragonpass.com.cn/airports/100315

Yeah as I said, if you're flying Aer Lingus back, T5, there's no lounge. The other terminals' lounges have limited dragonpass access judging from the reviews of the lounges on the app. Like the wingtips lounge attached for example in T4

Yeah as I said, if you're flying Aer Lingus back, T5, there's no lounge. The other terminals' lounges have limited dragonpass access judging from the reviews of the lounges on the app. Like the wingtips lounge attached for example in T4

I am finding those comments not reliable. Already have tried few lounges with comments stating dragon-pass is not acceptable and went in without any issues. Best way is just to go any try.

Don't mind the reviews, these are generally people that got Dragonpass some other way (via their bank or some other institution) and have other conditions tied to it (e.g. 2 max visits abroad and 1 visit in their home country) and didn't really understand the conditions they had or just plain up were chancing their arm.

General rule of thumb is, if you paid straight out for a visit you can access all lounges, if you got it free with visits included (from your Bank or something) these have strings attached.

Same for Priority Pass, if you pay straight up for it then you have access to everything, if you got it free then (e.g. from AMEX Platinum) then you cannot access the Priority Pass Restaurants but still have unlimited visits in Lounges for you, the partner card holder + 1 guest each.

T5 in JFK does have a lounge, just it's not Airside, many Airports are like this, Langkawi and Bydgoszcz being two recent ones in memory :)

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

Edit: I was at the Terminal 1 lounge at Dublin airport.

First time Lounger and I can’t complain. Plenty of snacks and nice and relaxing.

I could get used to this.

Thanks OP

First time Lounger and I can’t complain. Plenty of snacks and nice and relaxing.

I could get used to this.

Thanks OP

Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

Greg81 wrote: »
    Dublin?

lol - I totally forgot

Terminal 1 Lounge Dublin Airport

Advertisement