Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virtual BTOP

• 19-09-2020 9:49am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is anyone participating?

Tom Quinlan's talk on convict records in the National Archives is vg.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Waitsian

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Is anyone participating?

Yes, I've watched a few already, including a great talk from Irene O'Brien, in her wonderful Scottish brogue, about Glasgow records. Given my Nan was born there and her parents and siblings lived there for several decades (1890 - 1920) I found it very instructive. I enjoyed Eamon Healy's talk as well, on using Ancestry DNA. I daresay I'll end up watching all of them o'er the next 3 months (the timeline for viewing).

Claire Santry, as per usual, has a good blog post about it, including updates on some teething problems and their fixes.

https://www.irishgenealogynews.com/2020/09/back-to-our-past-35-irish-genealogy.html

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Yes, I actually rang them yesterday morning to ask about the delay, and then sent an email pointing out the wrong links!

Planning to do a review on my blog when I've watched a few more after the weekend.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭KildareFan

I keep getting this email from "brian@slp.ie" - note there is no link in the message or any other details. I'm assuming this is not legit?

Hi

We would like to remind you the booking of the event:

Back To Our Past Virtual Conference & Event
    September 24, 2020 - 9:00 am
    Quantity: 1

Kind Regards.
    Back To Our Past

I'm still getting those as well. *sigh*
    They are legit, despite the terrible English.

Here's my review:
    https://cbgenealogy.ie/?p=604

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭BowWow

KildareFan wrote: »
    I keep getting this email from "brian@slp.ie" - note there is no link in the message or any other details. I'm assuming this is not legit?

Hi

We would like to remind you the booking of the event:

Back To Our Past Virtual Conference & Event
    September 24, 2020 - 9:00 am
    Quantity: 1

Kind Regards.
    Back To Our Past

Yes, have lost count of the times I've received that mail. Have blocked the sender. Bordering on SPAM.

• Advertisement

I emailed them earlier to ask them to stop & they said they had switched off whatever was causing, but I know others have received it since lunch time.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Waitsian

pinkypinky wrote: »

Nice hat tip to our wee community here at the end. :D

Advertisement