Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Group Buy idea

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

Have we the numbers to go ahead with this or ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

yeah I think so, sorry just got a bit sidetracked with some IRL stuff

OK Folks, sorry for that radio silence, some work/irl stuff happened :)

Here are the coffees available from Tim Wendelboe in Norway which was suggeste upthread - and as a reminder here is what they stated to me
    We take orders in on Mondays and then plan our production for that week. We roast to order on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and send out with DHL or Fedex on the same day to ensure only fresh coffee arrives to you. The absolute deadline for ordering is Wednesday at 12:00, so that we can schedule & prep our final Thursday roast day - but we prefer orders in on Mondays so that we can send international orders on Tuesdays & Wednesdays, allowing more time for shipping to arrive before the weekend. Shipping charges are automatically calculated at ‘checkout’ in our site. As Norway is outside of the EU we won’t charge any Norwegian VAT on your order, but you will likely have to pay duties at import.

Minimum order is 5kg and we pack in either 250gm or 1kg bags - same price. We flush the coffee bags with nitrogen and vacuum seal them when we’re packing, so the unopened coffee has a long shelf life. We say the optimal time for usage is from one week after roasting up until six week. Some of our customers order every week, some every fortnight, others once a month - whatever suits your usage.

I checked a dummy order of 8kg and the shipping was approx €30 which is pretty good I think.

I'm not sure what VAT rate would be charged, but even if it's 20% you are looking at adding 2-3 euro per cost of 250g here - so a bag of coffee from these norwegian roasters will cost about €13-14 delivered I think

527892.jpg

Actually, it looks like Coffee as a foodstuff is nil rated for VAT

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Are we able to order more than 250gr and various blends or sticking to one?

• Advertisement

as above, they will ship 250g bags, so yeah, order what you like

also, I believe them to be single origin, not blends

as above, they will ship 250g bags, so yeah, order what you like

also, I believe them to be single origin, not blends

Blends... It was for use of a better word. :)

Are you going with parcel motel to send down the country?

ok so confirmed
    The supply of coffee powder, coffee granules, coffee beans, ground coffee etc. is liable to VAT at the zero rate.

this means the price above applies, plus some extra for shipping

so we'll divide the shipping cost directly by the number of buyers, no matter how much coffee you order you are liable for the same % of the overall shipping

Revolut only please so get signed up, this is non-negotiable, I don't have paypal

Blends... It was for use of a better word. :)

Are you going with parcel motel to send down the country?

can do, or direct postage

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

ok so confirmed

this means the price above applies, plus some extra for shipping

so we'll divide the shipping cost directly by the number of buyers, no matter how much coffee you order you are liable for the same % of the overall shipping

Revolut only please so get signed up, this is non-negotiable, I don't have paypal

Hey Hodors,

I've lost track of where we're, what do need to do now to sign up?

• Advertisement

I'll put together a list of what people want and then when everyone has put their order in I'll order from the website

factor in an extra €1-2 on whatever you'll owe for whatever you order to cover shipping and onward postage if required

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

In thread, or via PM for items wanted?

ah in thread please I can't be dealing with all them PMs

I'll do a list like the above with what people owe and then once everyone is paid up can make the order

I'll put together a list of what people want and then when everyone has put their order in I'll order from the website

factor in an extra €1-2 on whatever you'll owe for whatever you order to cover shipping and onward postage if required

Set up a Google Doc its much easier.

Advertisement