Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

looking forward to a trip to the stone brewery in 3 weeks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

RasTa wrote: »
    Liking that post is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

looking forward to a trip to the stone brewery in 3 weeks :)

Show off, I think you'll find the thread is called what beer are we drinking THIS WEEK :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Sierra Nevada barrel aged narwhal is rather amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭PGE1970

A couple of bottles of Longueville cider in the fridge to have at home tonight.

Looking forward to that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

jsa112 wrote: »

Where did you get it?????

Probably my favourite beer, hoping some has made its way to these shores.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭a_non_a_mouse

jsa112 wrote: »

Would want to be at that price! €23.99 for 750ml in Drinkstore,
    Personally wasn't to impressed with regular Narwhal, so won't be trying the barrel aged at that price.

Had recently...
    - Fourpure -Shape Shifter (West Coast IPA)
    very nice, really nice aroma on the pour, not as bitter as I was expecting based on aroma. very sessionable

- Anchor - Porter.
    Like it alot, really nice well balanced beer.

- Anchor -Brekle's Brown
    Another quality beer from Anchor.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

Tried a mikkeller milk stout a while ago, was nice enough, think its a Danish milk beer, I'm on a Malheur 10 at the moment, and its another Belgium beauty, lovely after taste. Cloudy yellow with a nice head, will be buying another one tomorrow I think,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Just had a night with brewdog jet black heart stout and arcade nation black ipa.

The jet black heart was a lovely flavoursome stout, nice coffee tones with a lightly fizzy chocolate brown head, compared to the heavy, smooth creamy one we're all familiar with.
    The arcade nation was delicious, utterly outstanding. It didn't have the lingering cooked/burned aftertaste from some bipa's. With your eyes closed, it could easily be a simcoe or Chinook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Big Banging IPA from McGargles, being a good few months and lots of double's in between and this isn't that great. 4 for a €10(500ml) but it's missing a lot of bitterness and balance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Kinnegar Scraggy Bay Eight Degrees Full Irish Hope something (Pale Ale)

Draught or bottle?

RasTa wrote: »
    Big Banging IPA from McGargles, being a good few months and lots of double's in between and this isn't that great. 4 for a €10(500ml) but it's missing a lot of bitterness and balance.

Where did ya pick those up?

Local off license(D15)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Tesco sell them iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Dungarvan - Thai Wit
    Quite nice. Heavy lime and lemongrass in the nose. Coriander is a bit overpowering in the taste but a good beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Lagunitas - Aunt Sally
    Oh my - this is delicious. Ive not tasted anything like this before its a sour beer but with a huge hit of dry hops. Really refreshing with delicious sour notes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Few pints of Galway hooker in seans bar athlone tonight ...I'm a little bit.....hick.....inebriated

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Crafty brewing company Irish Pale Ale. Very nice indeed, great aroma off it and a great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭calnand

Kees brewery export porter 1750, picked it up in Amsterdam 6 months ago. Worth waiting for , and wish I bought another one back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Dogfish 90 min IPA

Had this in Chicago Airport and was $10 a bottle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,756 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Dogfish 90 min IPA

Had this in Chicago Airport and was $10 a bottle!

I haven't had one of them since 2010.:(
    What with all the beers in between and changing tastes, I wonder would it have the same impact on me now as it did then?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭ozzy78

Crafty brewing company Irish Pale Ale. Very nice indeed, great aroma off it and a great price.

Agree with you. Had some a few days ago from lidl and really enjoyed it. Tastes similar to a KPA.

What with all the beers in between and changing tastes, I wonder would it have the same impact on me now as it did then?

was wondering the same thing had my last one in 2014 but I wonder how they would hold up in comparison to all the fantastic hoppy beers we get over here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Garry123

Bullet Proof, a juicy west coast style pale ale by Soulwater, in Mother Macs Limerick. Must say I've enjoyed their beers to date.

I remember the wow factor of Goose Island IPA, O'Dells and Torpedo, that was certainly missing with my last Torpedo. A sign of my taste buds becoming used to hops as opposed to anything wrong with the beer.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Garry123 wrote: »
    that was certainly missing with my last Torpedo.
    I think there's a glut of elderly Torpedo around at the moment. You really need to be on the ball regarding best-before dates because it does not age at all well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I would say probably not. I enjoyed it on Sunday and loved it back when you could get it here but it hadn't the same impact as before for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

There is a glut of old Centennial knocking around too. All the cans in the Fresh beside me are BBE 06/16

Oh how I yearn for a fresh can of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

There is a glut of old Centennial knocking around too. All the cans in the Fresh beside me are BBE 06/16

Oh how I yearn for a fresh can of it...

this a hundred times, have not seen a close to 3 month canned Centennial in about 2 years - its like the family dog has died

• Registered Users Posts: 11,974 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Hope Grunt, lovely saison, very drinkable, very smooth with a light bitter finish. Lovely for a warm day.

• Advertisement

I see some cloudwater beers have arrived at McHugh's

Advertisement