Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due Sept 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Plum Pud wrote:
    CashQ typical about the nights sleep. Is your house love happening soon? Least you know your end date which is great!!

Its making progress in that contracts have reached our solicitor at last, but usual delays, nothing straightforward about buying or selling, just really hoping to agree a closing date before the section
    Plum Pud wrote:
    We are doing great here, can't believe my girl is 2 weeks old already

So amazing she is two weeks already! Hope you're getting a bit of rest and hope you're healing well.

My daughter's birthday falls 8days after my section so I just want to be able to go for a walk by then, did you say you were out for a wall within a week?

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭awny

Hazelnut Button congrats!! It all feels very real now with babies making their entrance!! How is everyone feeling?

I’m 37+4 today. Had my son at 36+6 and was admitted to hospital in June for threatened preterm labour at 25 weeks so i never expected to get this far. It’s great but I’m nearly feeling overdue ðŸ˜ðŸ˜. My first was OP and this baby is cooperating and is a nice OA so my consultant is going to do an exam on me on tues and if I’m favorable she’ll do a sweep. I’ll be nearly 38 weeks then. I’d imagine the same the week after and she has offered to induce me at 39 weeks. I live 1.5 hours away and she’s afraid that after delivering an OP baby that I’ll labour very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Plum Pud

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Its making progress in that contracts have reached our solicitor at last, but usual delays, nothing straightforward about buying or selling, just really hoping to agree a closing date before the section

So amazing she is two weeks already! Hope you're getting a bit of rest and hope you're healing well.

My daughter's birthday falls 8days after my section so I just want to be able to go for a walk by then, did you say you were out for a wall within a week?

Oh fingers crossed for a close date soon so!!

Yep, I was out for walks quick enough (much quicker than the emergency section!!). I had the baby on Friday, was home on Monday and was out for our first walk on the Thursday! Have had a few walks since and feel great now

Plum Pud wrote:
    Yep, I was out for walks quick enough (much quicker than the emergency section!!). I had the baby on Friday, was home on Monday and was out for our first walk on the Thursday! Have had a few walks since and feel great now

Amazing, sounds just perfect! My toddler now refuses to go in her pram or stroller so hopefully the novelty of the double buggy will bring success but at least my husband will be off work for 4 weeks so we will juggle it if she insists on running free...well, he will have to chase her about the place while I take baby steps behind!

awny wrote:
    I’m 37+4 today. Had my son at 36+6 and was admitted to hospital in June for threatened preterm labour at 25 weeks so i never expected to get this far. It’s great but I’m nearly feeling overdue ðŸ˜ðŸ˜. My first was OP and this baby is cooperating and is a nice OA so my consultant is going to do an exam on me on tues and if I’m favorable she’ll do a sweep. I’ll be nearly 38 weeks then. I’d imagine the same the week after and she has offered to induce me at 39 weeks. I live 1.5 hours away and she’s afraid that after delivering an OP baby that I’ll labour very quickly.

I know what you mean in that my daughter was born at 37+2 so I am feeling overdue here now at 39+1!! Although I can't imagine what it was like to be admitted at 25w, so fantastic that you got this far indeed!

Great that your consultant is being so proactive about things, I have heard of a lot of extremely quick deliveries in the last little while, you can't be too careful with a distance like that to travel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Jumping in from October thread. My last baby was also OP, not a labour I'd like to repeat! Haven't heard that the next one would be faster because of it but that would be great!
    Did your consultant say why this was? Just curious

quote="awny;114597630"]Hazelnut Button congrats!! It all feels very real now with babies making their entrance!! How is everyone feeling?

I’m 37+4 today. Had my son at 36+6 and was admitted to hospital in June for threatened preterm labour at 25 weeks so i never expected to get this far. It’s great but I’m nearly feeling overdue ðŸ˜ðŸ˜. My first was OP and this baby is cooperating and is a nice OA so my consultant is going to do an exam on me on tues and if I’m favorable she’ll do a sweep. I’ll be nearly 38 weeks then. I’d imagine the same the week after and she has offered to induce me at 39 weeks. I live 1.5 hours away and she’s afraid that after delivering an OP baby that I’ll labour very quickly.[/quote]

annoyedgal wrote: »
    Jumping in from October thread. My last baby was also OP, not a labour I'd like to repeat! Haven't heard that the next one would be faster because of it but that would be great!
    Did your consultant say why this was? Just curious

quote="awny;114597630"]Hazelnut Button congrats!! It all feels very real now with babies making their entrance!! How is everyone feeling?

[/quote]

She never said but from what I can gather, I think it’s something like the path in the birth canal is well and truly snookered after an OP so the next baby would have to plenty of room to make its way down?!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

awny wrote: »

She never said but from what I can gather, I think it’s something like the path in the birth canal is well and truly snookered after an OP so the next baby would have to plenty of room to make its way down?![/quote]

That’s interesting!
    My eldest was OP also.

Cameoette wrote: »
    She never said but from what I can gather, I think it’s something like the path in the birth canal is well and truly snookered after an OP so the next baby would have to plenty of room to make its way down?!

That’s interesting!
    My eldest was OP also.[/quote]

And was your next birth quick?! After the pain of an OP, there must be some pay back :)

awny wrote: »
    That’s interesting!
    My eldest was OP also.

And was your next birth quick?! After the pain of an OP, there must be some pay back :)[/quote]

My next was a c section so I never got to try this theory out! Seems plausible though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

Hey, how is everyone? Hope everyone is feeling well and not too fed up waiting.

We thankfully got home on Saturday evening. So nice to be back in your own surroundings.

Baby boy is doing good. Feeding non stop on the boob and the exhaustion is real. We were back in the Coombe today to see lactation consultant in the baby clinic. His tongue is short and may need to be released. She showed me a position to feed him as the ones we were doing he was getting tired and not getting enough hence the constant feeding. Hope this helps as current level of feeding and lack of sleep is not sustainable.

Literally taking it one feed at a time and going to keep an open mind about breast/bottle feeding.

Hey, how is everyone? Hope everyone is feeling well and not too fed up waiting.

We thankfully got home on Saturday evening. So nice to be back in your own surroundings.

Baby boy is doing good. Feeding non stop on the boob and the exhaustion is real. We were back in the Coombe today to see lactation consultant in the baby clinic. His tongue is short and may need to be released. She showed me a position to feed him as the ones we were doing he was getting tired and not getting enough hence the constant feeding. Hope this helps as current level of feeding and lack of sleep is not sustainable.

Literally taking it one feed at a time and going to keep an open mind about breast/bottle feeding.

Hey there. So glad you’re home!!
    My second had tongue tie and had it released. It was really really tough at the time, pain was unreal, but once it was released at 2 weeks and we worked on latch we were flying it a few weeks later. Take it one feed at a time and go gentle on yourself. Whatever you decide to do in the end trust you’re making the best decision for yourself and baby. But if you feel able to continue bf I hope I can give you hope as at the time I really needed hope too x

How did you find the lactation consultant at the Coombe?
    I went with one in my area as I didn’t find the LC great in the Coombe tbh. She dismissed my concerns a bit and when I saw another one locally she diagnosed a pretty significant tie. They could be different there now. I have this local lactation consultant on speed dial now in the event this little one has tongue tie too.

I am home again! Baby went head down again on Sunday and i was discharged Monday. Section Thursday. I am nervous though I have to say. Even though I’ve been through it before!

Baby boy born this afternoon at 39+3w, doing great! They brought my section forward from Thurs as they had more capacity today so I was thrilled that they offered me the chance to come in early!

Plum Pud it was so great to have in mind the picture you had painted as it gave me little milestones to check through as the morning progressed. Very similar timeline to yourself, checked in at 10, gowned at 11.15 or so, spinal at 12, baby born 12.30, recovery room with baby and husband from 1-2.30 then my husband joined us on the ward til 4.30 as it was visiting time.

Baby is feeding great, only 3 of us here on the public ward and the others are lovely girls. I was back on my feet at 7pm after a bit of tea, toast and cake, couldn't be happier with how everything weng!

Amazing!!

That's my attitude too, bf is going well so far but I wont be a martyr to the cause, if I'm.finding it tough I'll switch. Glad to hear the LC here saw you I wasnt sure if they were doing face to face consultations at all.
    Cameoette wrote:
    I am home again! Baby went head down again on Sunday and i was discharged Monday. Section Thursday. I am nervous though I have to say. Even though I’ve been through it before!

Wow I was half expecting to read that you had delivered! Great to still have your date anyway. I think the nerves would have kicked in for me too but the fact it was brought forward so suddenly I didn't have time to think about it much and really felt I knew what was in store from Plum Puds detailed post :)

Omg CashQ I am so thrilled for you :) congrats to you and your little baba, finally he is here!! What weight was he?

So glad it all went well for you and your boy is here so here's to a speedy recovery too :)

Congrats Cash_Q, that’s great news!! You’ve a little girl already don’t you? You must be thrilled! Delighted you got in early and that the feeding etc is going well x

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pippin04

Congrats CashQ delighted for you! Glad to hear all went well and you were up on your feet already! Something to be said for the surprise element and not being able to think too far ahead eh?
    Hope you're enjoying all the cuddles from the little one!

Plum Pud wrote:
    Omg CashQ I am so thrilled for you congrats to you and your little baba, finally he is here!! What weight was he?

He was 8lbs1oz, huge compared to my daughter but still teeny tiny :)
    awny wrote:
    Congrats Cash_Q, that’s great news!! You’ve a little girl already don’t you? You must be thrilled! Delighted you got in early and that the feeding etc is going well x

Yes we have a girl already can't believe we have a son now!
    pippin04 wrote:
    Congrats CashQ delighted for you! Glad to hear all went well and you were up on your feet already! Something to be said for the surprise element and not being able to think too far ahead eh? Hope you're enjoying all the cuddles from the little one!

Yes the surprise was amazing, so worth the wait :)

Congrats Cash_Q

CashQ, your girl was 5lb 5oz as well wasn't she? My first was the same. And then this girl was 7lb 8oz, still so tiny but so much bigger 😂

How are you feeling?

Plum Pud wrote:
    CashQ, your girl was 5lb 5oz as well wasn't she? My first was the same. And then this girl was 7lb 8oz, still so tiny but so much bigger 😂

Yes that's right she was, so so tiny!
    Plum Pud wrote:
    How are you feeling?

Feeling good thanks, exhausted because he is feeding a lot but so happy he is here, so happy to not be pregnant any more !!

• Advertisement

Omg Cash Q huge congratulations! Thrilled for you that it’s already done and baby is here safe! What a great surprise.

Babies tend to laugh at our plans alright. I went into labour spontaneously for first time at 38 +6 and my girl arrived Wednesday morning 1am by section. By the time I arrived into hospital labouring it was only 1.5 hours to section. My blood pressure was climbing and they were anxious to get going.
    8lb 7 so my smallest bub. Defo has tongue tie so we need to get that sorted. She’s feeding a lot but hurts like hell. Staff have been wonderful bar one grouch and food has been pretty edible! Baby here safe so what more could I ask. So so relieved x

Cameoette wrote:
    Babies tend to laugh at our plans alright. I went into labour spontaneously for first time at 38 +6 and my girl arrived Wednesday morning 1am by section. By the time I arrived into hospital labouring it was only 1.5 hours to section. My blood pressure was climbing and they were anxious to get going. 8lb 7 so my smallest bub. Defo has tongue tie so we need to get that sorted. She’s feeding a lot but hurts like hell. Staff have been wonderful bar one grouch and food has been pretty edible! Baby here safe so what more could I ask. So so relieved x

Wow congratulations!! What a way to go in the end! Hope you're managing to get some rest, I'm finding it so lovely and quiet in here.

Omg Cameoette congratulations 😍 I was thinking of you last night, glad she's here safe and sound for you

Congratulations Cameoette!! All the Sept babies are arriving!

We're doing good here. We switched to bottles yday and he's so much more satisfied and content. I got a few hours sleep so feel 100% better. Just trying to mind the boobs so they don't get too sore. I'm hand expressing 5o relieve them and giving him the milk every other feed or so. Hopefully they'll dry up over the next few days.

We're doing good here. We switched to bottles yday and he's so much more satisfied and content. I got a few hours sleep so feel 100% better. Just trying to mind the boobs so they don't get too sore. I'm hand expressing 5o relieve them and giving him the milk every other feed or so. Hopefully they'll dry up over the next few days.

If you want to stop breastfeeding altogether I recommend getting some cabbage leaves and placing them inside your bra, honestly it works! They soothe the pain and there's something in the cabbage that dries up the supply. If you place some leaves in a ziplock bag in the fridge then take them out as needed they're a great relief! Honestly I scoffed at the idea last time around but actually found it great when I did it myself!

Cash_Q wrote: »
    If you want to stop breastfeeding altogether I recommend getting some cabbage leaves and placing them inside your bra, honestly it works! They soothe the pain and there's something in the cabbage that dries up the supply. If you place some leaves in a ziplock bag in the fridge then take them out as needed they're a great relief! Honestly I scoffed at the idea last time around but actually found it great when I did it myself!

Have been using the cabbage leaves since yesterday afternoon. Its gas looking altogether but the relief is brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pippin04

Big congrats Cameoette! Hope the tongue tie gets sorted soon for you but glad to hear bubs doing well otherwise!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Congrats on the new bubbies, ladies!
    Still trudging along at 38+3, so I'm resigning myself to an October baby at this stage :pac:

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Congrats on the new bubbies, ladies!
    Still trudging along at 38+3, so I'm resigning myself to an October baby at this stage :pac:

Thanks for the lovely messages ladies.

You never know Shasha! I definitely was taken totally by surprise by this third wild card baby. Never thought I’d ever go into labour myself having never had it happen. I was getting my hair blow dried after spending all weekend in the sweaty hospital wanted to freshen up :) when I was getting the hair washed I felt the baby do a massive turning movement and I think she must have finally engaged. That was around 4pm and I was in proper labour later that evening.
    I hope your little one doesn’t keep you waiting long!

Cash Q i had a brief stint where I was in the three woman ward by myself! I wonder if this is a semi private room. I’m public so this is an unexpected perk. It’s lovely and much quieter than the antenatal ward.

I’m a bit overwhelmed at the the thoughts of going home to my toddler who will want to jump all over me as I feel so delicate after the section but excited to get home too

• Advertisement

Cameoette wrote:
    Cash Q i had a brief stint where I was in the three woman ward by myself! I wonder if this is a semi private room. I’m public so this is an unexpected perk. It’s lovely and much quieter than the antenatal ward.

I think its the social distancing measures in this room anyway, middle beds are either gone or empty it's great!
    Cameoette wrote:
    I’m a bit overwhelmed at the the thoughts of going home to my toddler who will want to jump all over me as I feel so delicate after the section but excited to get home too

Me too, I'm wrecked and havent had a proper sleep but would love to get home. Still TBC but maybe ok to go thi afternoon!

Advertisement