Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Grade II accountant panel

Options
  • 10-07-2020 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi

I went for a Grade II accountant role in Central Statistics Office and got on order of merit (well down mind you). The job was advertised through public jobs but CSO did the rest.

I was disappointed as there is no way the CSO are going to have 11+ Grade II accountant roles during the timeline of panel (2 years). However the e-mail says it will inform other govt departments and offices in Cork of the availability of this panel. Given the specific nature of the role unlikely to be that many vacancies arising anyway. But I'm just wondering, do depts share Order of Merits like that (I know there are general calls through public jobs but these are administered centrally). And if they are shared, do they consider them or would they prefer to do their own recruitment so they can interview candidates themselves so they can see what they are getting:rolleyes:

Thanks for any replies

Advertisement