Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Berserker5 wrote: »
    ? Anyone

You'd probably get an answer from Revolut chat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭bungaro79

Going to Japan next year and I'm hoping to use this as my main card. I know I can withdraw money using it over. On the main page, I know its usually in your default currency but can I open a JPY account and just top it up with a tenner here and there like a little savings account?

bungaro79 wrote: »
    Going to Japan next year and I'm hoping to use this as my main card. I know I can withdraw money using it over. On the main page, I know its usually in your default currency but can I open a JPY account and just top it up with a tenner here and there like a little savings account?

yep, i have a JPY account on mine

• Registered Users Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Has anybody had the app freeze when trying to add a note while sending money?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,580 ✭✭✭Kat1170

GBX wrote: »
    Has anybody had the app freeze when trying to add a note while sending money?

Yep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I am going to ask in Revolut anyway, but on the off chance that somebody in here knows the answer...

Can multiple people be allowed access to one revolut account, with restrictions - e.g. 3 nominated people have to agree to withdraw any cash, but everyone else can see the cash in the account when it is there, or how it is being spent.
    Or is there any bank account/virtual account that allows that?
    Hoping to make my life a little easier and it just occurred to me that it may be possible with revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Worth noting for anyone who was waiting, fitbit pay now accepts Revolut in their wallet on their devices. And visa cards / regular accounts

Edit: Garmin Pay works on Revolut now too. (non premium)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Because they are expired and no longer a valid document :confused:

Whether is expired or not shouldn’t matter, if the photo matches the person then it confirms their identify. For travel purposes fair enough, but as a method to prove who you are a date printed on it should have no baring on that.

I have to say I agree with the others here who don’t like the new drop down for switching currency in the app. I mostly used euro myself but still find the UI feels a bit more cluttered. Less focus on the current balance, hopefully they revert like they did after they moved the cards tab to the dashboard page.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,580 ✭✭✭Kat1170

I'd be far more worried if they accepted out of date documents.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

DubDJ wrote: »
    Whether is expired or not shouldn’t matter, if the photo matches the person then it confirms their identify. For travel purposes fair enough, but as a method to prove who you are a date printed on it should have no baring on that.

I have to say I agree with the others here who don’t like the new drop down for switching currency in the app. I mostly used euro myself but still find the UI feels a bit more cluttered. Less focus on the current balance, hopefully they revert like they did after they moved the cards tab to the dashboard page.

It's an out of date passport. They cannot use it. Not their fault. That's on you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Now that Brexit is a nailed on certainty for the end of January will SEPA transfers and even using Revolut be a runner any longer as they are UK based?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Supercell wrote: »
    Now that Brexit is a nailed on certainty for the end of January will SEPA transfers and even using Revolut be a runner any longer as they are UK based?

They are also Luxembourg based ... they got an eMoney license there because of Brexit ... why do you think all these ID renewals were done over the last year ?

Also, SEPA won't be abolished for the UK, just because they leave the EU.

/M

Thanks Marlow, good information.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,125 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Marlow wrote: »
    They are also Luxembourg based ... they got an eMoney license there because of Brexit ...

/M

That is incorrect, they did withdraw their application following the regulator and some politicians there having problems with the application.

Hey have both a bank and emoney license in Lithuania.

And with the regular there under political and EU pressure they need to be 100% compliant.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

While the UK will formally cease to be a full member of the EU on January 31st if the current deal is ratified, they will then enter a transition period during which everything will remain as if they still were a full member.

The real change will be at the end of the transition period, currently scheduled for 31st December 2020. If no agreement on a way forward is reached by this date, the default scenario would then be a crash-out Brexit.

Its strange, my wife has Revolut on her Paypal and unless she specifically says transfer in euros when sending money, it defaults to billing her card in Sterling even though euros are her primary currency in the wallet section. I use KBC with Paypal and dont have that issue so thaats why I assumed it was because Revolut was a UK registered card or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

Its strange, my wife has Revolut on her Paypal and unless she specifically says transfer in euros when sending money, it defaults to billing her card in Sterling even though euros are her primary currency in the wallet section. I use KBC with Paypal and dont have that issue so thaats why I assumed it was because Revolut was a UK registered card or something.

Its been covered here before - there are settings in Paypal to select your default currency, on either a per transaction basis or to set a default. They/Paypal probably use Sterling as your wifes cards BIN is UK based. KBC would be Irish.

It IS possible to change in Paypal and is recommended to do that so you don't get ripped off with Paypal exchange rates.

(the procedure at the following link used to work - by bringing you to the "classic" settings page but Paypal seem to have removed that now)

UPDATE: Here is the link from a previous post of mine - still works https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_profile-merchant-pull-funding&buyer_hubREPLY

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

^^^ Not sure if that is the updated method.
    They have changed it again, and it's no longer straightforward to get to the classic site.

The new method is post #5 on this thread by Ten Pin
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058035897

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

That is incorrect, they did withdraw their application following the regulator and some politicians there having problems with the application.

Hey have both a bank and emoney license in Lithuania.

And with the regular there under political and EU pressure they need to be 100% compliant.

Must have missed that transition, but that still places them within the EU for both banking and eMoney.
    Suckit wrote: »
    ^^^ Not sure if that is the updated method.
    They have changed it again, and it's no longer straightforward to get to the classic site.

The new method is post #5 on this thread by Ten Pin
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058035897

It differs a bit depending if you have a private account or a business account with PayPal and you can only change it for lets say automated payments etc.

The issue here is not Revolut. It's PayPal. And they bl***** do it for all card issuers. They have a weird way of determining what type of card you have that completely ignores what your card is coined for.

It's a big source of income for PayPal, so you can see, how they're making it complicated.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 22,199 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I see that you can now trade stocks via Revolut. Anybody considering this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

I see that you can now trade stocks via Revolut. Anybody considering this?

That's been there a while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

I updated iOS to 6.22 today

It says “introducing perks plus to premium and metal customers”

Can’t find any info on what perks plus is (I’m premium)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I updated iOS to 6.22 today

It says “introducing perks plus to premium and metal customers”

Can’t find any info on what perks plus is (I’m premium)

Perks is for UK customers only. Has been since June 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

BKWDR wrote: »
    Anyone any reason why Google pay keeps removing the contactless ability of my cards. Revolut and ulsterbank

I'm constantly having to go in and reverify like they are being wiped

Would clearing memory do it.

This has happened again! Anyone else experiencing this? Go to till to pay, hover phone then BING BONG please set up contactless...

BKWDR wrote: »
    This has happened again! Anyone else experiencing this? Go to till to pay, hover phone then BING BONG please set up contactless...

Nope never had an issue like that and have used Google Pay on three different phones (Sony, Huawei and Sony) with two different Bank cards attached.

Do you have any s/w that could be clearing application data to save space/storage? Or perhaps some security software that could be interfering?

Just noticed a "linked accounts" option in the settings. (maybe its been there for a while?)

Seems like you can now share your "other" bank account transaction details with your revolut app so you can "view everything" in one convenient place! Hmm, not sure I'll be jumping to avail of that service. Irrespective of whether its Revolut or a more traditional bank offering it!

UK banks only by the looks of it with possible exceptions of Ulster Bank, Starling and perhaps Danske. (Although selecting to add and Ulster Bank a/c bring me to a ulsterbank.co.uk page to enter login details so I suspect this is only currently available for UK accounts)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,683 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I am traveling to another EU country.

Do I need to update anywhere on the app about the location? Also, what's the daily withdrawal limit? I have standard account.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭-=al=-

200 dollaredoos and switch location based security off

• Registered Users Posts: 5,683 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Thanks so much.
    Is 200 dollars per day or month limit?
    -=al=- wrote: »
    200 dollaredoos and switch location based security off

• Advertisement

Thanks so much.
    Is 200 dollars per day or month limit?

if youre on a standard plan you have a free monthly withdrawal limit of £/€200.00

you can withdraw more but they charge you (2% i think)

Advertisement