Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

I still think bitcoin is the Bebo/myspace of crypto . Something far better and easier to use will come along and blow it out of the water

I like the privacy Monero affords.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,568 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I like the privacy Monero affords.

but thats not liked by regulators.

but thats not liked by regulators.

Better replacement for cash though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,651 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I still think bitcoin is the Bebo/myspace of crypto . Something far better and easier to use will come along and blow it out of the water

And of course you'll be one of the first to spot it and will put every penny you have into it and will make millions.

Bitcoin is a lot easier to use than gold, in every possible way. What came along and toppled gold, and why didn't I notice?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭dougal0691

Flipped generally means mkt cap.

but it has less supply than bitcoin so only a matter of time.

• Advertisement

cnocbui wrote: »
    And of course you'll be one of the first to spot it and will put every penny you have into it and will make millions.

Bitcoin is a lot easier to use than gold, in every possible way. What came along and toppled gold, and why didn't I notice?

Silver is where it's at now kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

You did notice BTC a long time ago and I imagine we both think it's gonna overtake gold at some stage and in a fairly short timespan. No?

grindle wrote: »
    You did notice BTC a long time ago and I imagine we both think it's gonna overtake gold at some stage and in a fairly short timespan. No?

:D

Gold has been declining for the last 6 months. I wonder why... have some crazy suspicions.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Jafin

Bebo (a new version) is planned to come back online this month, better start deciding now which Crypto will be in your top 16 to make the other Crypto jealous!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

CRO finally back on an uptrend, any news why it's rising, is it just all the new users on crypto.com? I've been a bagholder since they pulled their 16% interest offer on it last year and replaced it with 6%, I'll be flogging it along during this alt season pump if I can definitely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

I know he's not popular on here (I genuinely feel bad for gold bugs though tbh. Everything they warned about with fiat and international events all comes to pass in a bumper year and..they're basically down :confused:) but personally I think/fear he's got a point here.
    If you're buying #Bitcoin to hedge fiat you need to buy #gold to hedge Bitcoin.

For me btc may not be a hedge against serious world events in the way gold has been throughout history.

It arguably doesn't make sense to buy btc for this reason and to be confident about any other coins - see Max Keiser I suppose. So if you're confident about the space and think the technology is going to be the future what's the real attraction of btc? But if you're buying btc as a hedge what are you hedging against? That money becomes increasingly valueless but that the system that contributes to that (international cooperation, trade, America and Chinas' uncomfortable detente) carries on unaffected?

Plenty of twists and turns to go yet imo. For me it's still early days. All this institutonal money passing through btc could ultimately end up somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 BizWiz66

I just wonder how you all manage your calculations on gains? I use Coinbase and Binance to buy/sell crypto and store everything in my external Ledger. I have pulled a report from Coinbase with all my transaction and it's such a mess that I really struggle to figure out how much gains I have really made on the assets sold! Any suggestion?

Also, how does the Revenue audit work? Do they get a report from Coinbase, Binance, etc, or do they monitor your in/out bank transactions with the exchanges? I really struggle to figure out how much I made myself (I sold quite a bit in BTC in the last couple of months and re-invested immediately in Altcoins), that I can hardly see them being able to reconcile thousands of accounts.

If there any report available in Coinbase/Coinbase Pro that just tells how much taxable gains a person has made?

BizWiz66 wrote: »
    I sold quite a bit in BTC in the last couple of months and re-invested immediately in Altcoins

BTC -> FIAT -> ALT?

Isn't going to cost you a lot in fees? Why not BTC -> ALT?

BTC -> FIAT -> ALT?

Isn't going to cost you a lot in fees? Why not BTC -> ALT?

Sometimes BTC -> ALT, sometimes BTC -> FIAT -> ALT if I wanted to hold back for a few days and didn't want to get Tether, it depends.

I use Coinbase Pro and the Fees are almost irrelevant for the amounts traded (mostly <10€), so not a big deal.

The problem is that now I need to get a degree in maths to figure out gains and losses. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

Link almost at $30. Choo Choo.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

Surpassed $30 now. The rate it's increasing at in the space of minutes is scary. Like it's on coke.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

I use the portfolio thing on Coingecko. Whenever I get something, I just record a transaction of how much I paid and how much I got. Nice and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Frozen Veg wrote: »
    Surpassed $30 now. The rate it's increasing at in the space of minutes is scary. Like it's on coke.

To the moon or whatever ****e they go on about on reddit!!! ;):confused:

Sometimes BTC -> ALT, sometimes BTC -> FIAT -> ALT if I wanted to hold back for a few days and didn't want to get Tether, it depends.

I use Coinbase Pro and the Fees are almost irrelevant for the amounts traded (mostly <10€), so not a big deal.

The problem is that now I need to get a degree in maths to figure out gains and losses. :mad:

Are you sure about that username?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

What was the argument for chainlink again? I cant find it here.

• Advertisement

What was the argument for chainlink again? I cant find it here.

Pretty pictures and a lot of name dropping.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

lots of ATH's this week

Chainlink, Theta, BTC, ADA

ALGO really pumping aswell

This alt season is going to be huge, the last one from May 2017-Jan 2018 is nothing to what this one will do

Have your exit strategy ready

XRP is one of the only ones in the top 20 that hasnt pumped yet, when it does I hope everyone is ready

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭BrandonBay86

Frozen Veg wrote: »
    Link almost at $30. Choo Choo.

+50% in 6 months to the day not bad..

Are you sure about that username?

?

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    lots of ATH's this week

Chainlink, Theta, BTC, ADA

ALGO really pumping aswell

This alt season is going to be huge, the last one from May 2017-Jan 2018 is nothing to what this one will do

XRP is one of the only ones in the top 20 that hasnt pumped yet, when it does I hope everyone is ready

Is it really Alt season though when the number one coin is already over double its ATH from last run? I can’t decide.

Mucashinto wrote: »
    I know he's not popular on here (I genuinely feel bad for gold bugs though tbh. Everything they warned about with fiat and international events all comes to pass in a bumper year and..they're basically down :confused:) but personally I think/fear he's got a point here.

For me btc may not be a hedge against serious world events in the way gold has been throughout history.

It arguably doesn't make sense to buy btc for this reason and to be confident about any other coins - see Max Keiser I suppose. So if you're confident about the space and think the technology is going to be the future what's the real attraction of btc? But if you're buying btc as a hedge what are you hedging against? That money becomes increasingly valueless but that the system that contributes to that (international cooperation, trade, America and Chinas' uncomfortable detente) carries on unaffected?

Plenty of twists and turns to go yet imo. For me it's still early days. All this institutonal money passing through btc could ultimately end up somewhere else.

Schiff has been buying corn for years. He just bashed it for engagement, he has 5x’d his Twitter followers in 2 years by being controversial.

He’s a gold salesman hence his bias. He also has a fund which has horrendous returns.

Take everything with a pinch of salt. He is not our friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,863 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I would be so happy right now if ETH would just double from here like BTC did.

?

It translates as business wizard for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Whats your definition of a pump?? It's up 12% in the last 24hrs!

No exit strategy for me thanks, do you think the Kamikazes would have hit their target if they bailed out last second?

(probably :D)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

?

Warren Buffet over there is casting a critical eye over whether you're truly a business wizard or not. Renowned investor that he is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement