Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The serious thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Matt Holck

can anyone reach this site

This does not relate to TCN even tangentially. This thread is for serious matters about TCN. Go post in the Matt Holck forum if you want to talk about your website.
    -Sarky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

How the hell does that relate to TCN? Is it really too much trouble for you to pay attention to where you post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Not really serious, merely a suggestion, I just didn't want to pm you Sarky. I think the charter needs an updating. Just for lulz really. It's funny, but it's been there a while. Like a silleh update.

I'm a little busy of late, but you make a good point. As soon as I have the time to spare, I'll see about updating the charter. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Sarky can you get those jokers over at AH to stop treating this serious & professional forum like a waste paper bin (thank you snarah for that metaphor, I give it back to you now)

• Advertisement

It probably won't happen. To stop them sending threads over I'd have to ban all the AH moderators, and I won't do that unless I am drunk or think it's really funny. Besides, they're just adjusting to TCN again, after years of ignoring it. I can't blame them, it was terrible for a while.

They just have to realise the difference between something silly that deserves to be moved here, and something just crap that should be deleted or sent to the Recycle Bin. They're getting better at it, in fairness, so let's all cut the poor dears some slack.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

So what should I do with the knives and sacks I bought to dispose of them with?

Save them for the count to a million threads.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I has radiation for those.

Get rid of that psychadelic sticky.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

How's about a "prison" thread for those who get banned from tCN to plead their case...could be fun....obvious understanding is that in order to post in the thread, they can't post in any other thread or they get perma-banned from tCN....tasks could be set for the poster ...no other member can post in tcn prison thread cept moderators without incurring a ban....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

tCN is a little like the remedial class at primary school - and it never used to be. It's getting better than it was but what's with all those degenerates coming from AH with their sh,it all over threads?

It's not silly - it's just like were coming to the recycling bin and scavenging thru the dirt nobody else wanted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

tCN is a little like the remedial class at primary school - and it never used to be. It's getting better than it was but what's with all those degenerates coming from AH with their sh,it all over threads?

It's not silly - it's just like were coming to the recycling bin and scavenging thru the dirt nobody else wanted.
    You sound like a delightful man.

Cicero wrote: »
    How's about a "prison" thread for those who get banned from tCN to plead their case...could be fun....obvious understanding is that in order to post in the thread, they can't post in any other thread or they get perma-banned from tCN....tasks could be set for the poster ...no other member can post in tcn prison thread cept moderators without incurring a ban....?

This... this isn't a bad idea. I'll have a think about it over the weekend.

Don't knock the degenerates just yet. Before TCN, AH was where we all used to hang out, back in the days where every other thread wasn't actually about minorities or paedophiles. They deserve as much of a chance as you got.

TCN certainly goes through lulls, but the general trend in quality is upwards. It certainly deserved the "remedial class" title when Tar and I arrived, but I think we're getting somewhere. We've seen the sh*tstorm of self-righteous, outraged stupidity that blows up over something as banal as the count to a million crap. There are several pages of outright character assassination of me somewhere in one of those old crappy chat threads because a clique got offended about TCN getting opened up.

Personally, I'd much rather the lulls than a steady stream of godawful rubbish like it was 3 years ago. I'm busy with real life for another couple of months, so I haven't had time to devote to the silly. That will change, soon enough.

I suppose I'm asking for a little patience. We'll get round to educating people about the difference between Silly and just plain stupid. But it takes time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

What is your abuse tolerance level Sarky?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

I say the crappy tCN threads get moved to AH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

Seconded!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Can't happen. Teddy's threads aren't allowed in After Hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

It would be funny to see one of teddy's threads in AH,for an hour or so.
    guaranteed laughter. It would be a nice birthday present for teddy.

Nooooo we had a spat with After Hours last year. Snyper said a mean thing about our beloved nest and a forum war began. We sent them our threads labelled "Get snyper to apologise to TCN".

This resulted in:

• Sarky banning their mods and Snyper from TCN
    • Me and Sarky gettig banned from After Hours
    • Them sending us all their threads (which is normally joyful but it got out of hand)
    • Admins got involved, I think
    • an AH mod started a campaign to get me perma-banned from AH

Our campaign worked, and Snyper did apologise, but it got on the admins nerves. Long story short, nothing good ever comes from sending a thread to After Hours.

• Advertisement

hahaha oh wow that sounds like a lot of fun! fago, you trouble maker.

The admins did no such thing, I choose to view this as having their full support.

Sarky, can we have a beers?

Sarky wrote: »
    The admins did no such thing, I choose to view this as having their full support.

Really? I thought they got pissed off. Or are you being sarcastic in a serious thread?

/tisk

can we please send a thread to AH, just for a laugh, a teddy thread. I will be nice to you for ever and do anything you say.
    send one just for 5 mins even.

I'll think about it.

*whipping noises*

I'll think about it.

seriously, I dread what you might have planned in your head for me.
    I can see this backfiring on me.:o

*whipping noises*

STFU. leave now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Moving a Teddy post to AH while temporarily amusing, would only result in it getting moved back here. And AH mods moving MORE crappy threads here than they already do!

Advertisement