Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

09-07-2020, 16:57   #3766
el diablo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrytaz View Post
I'm in LINK since .20 and it's very tempting to sell now but also to let it do its thing i.e. keep mooning. This stuff is so temperamental..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroThreat View Post

Also, I noticed above that some people got in on LINK at $0.20-$0.30 and want to 'let it run' further. I'm not sure if they were round during previous cycles but perhaps it would be prudent to at least learn from the past and sell a portion in order to take some profits when you've at least gone 20-30 x....
Yeah, I might take my original stake back on Chainlink and look to deposit in another potential moonshot.
Advertisement
09-07-2020, 20:21   #3767
Stormington

Quote:
Originally Posted by el diablo View Post
Yeah, I might take my original stake back on Chainlink and look to deposit in another potential moonshot.
RSR and DAG look promising.
10-07-2020, 11:37   #3768
Truckermal

Up 25% on BTT since yesterday, don't know if it's going to climb more but I'm out.
10-07-2020, 23:42   #3769
Somecrimesitry

If this was ever implemented by Bitcoin, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, etc then ADA holders should start planning for their early retirement

Cardano is working on offering all of it's features for use by the PoW blockchains that are willing to implement Cardano NiPoPoWs (https://nipopows.com). For little effort or development cost the PoW blockchains would gain the ability to use Cardano smart contracts, voting, oracle pools, etc and in return ADA holders would get rewards / Tx fees in the PoW cryptos

Something like this already exists on ETH where you can use wrapped BTC on the ETH chain but you still have to use ETH for the transaction. It's way too expensive and overly complex. Cardano is built to allow native assets behave the same as ADA which means you pay fees in the native asset. Much cheaper and far less complex to do than the ETH solution. PoW chains would gain all of Cardano's features for extremely cheap fees.

Imagine checking your Daedalus or Yoroi wallet and it shows ADA, BTC, LTC, BCH, etc. Every five days you would be gaining ADA + PoW crypto for free...mind blowing stuff that will no doubt be rejected by dinosaur PoW communities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvIAgDEUC4o

Last edited by Somecrimesitry; 10-07-2020 at 23:45.
Thanks from:
Yesterday, 07:14   #3770
maninasia

...And LEND blows up again. ��
Thanks from:
Advertisement
Yesterday, 08:56   #3771
Grumpypants

I wish these ALTs weren't so hard to buy. They are all over the place. Exchanges are so user unfriendly. It's like 2016 all over again.

Looks like Binnance are one if the few with LEND. But the site is garbage.

Can't buy with a card as I've to wait for my account to get checked. It says it should take 20 seconds. That was 5 mins ago.

I try to transfer Bitcoin and Coinbase says I don't have the address whitelisted.

I can add the address as that isn't supported on mobile.

I'll have to get up go down stairs turn on the pc, whitelist the address then transfer it. All for €200 worth!!

Last edited by Grumpypants; Yesterday at 09:15.
Yesterday, 10:20   #3772
Grumpypants

Finally got there. Big effort for small investment.
Yesterday, 11:10   #3773
InstaSte

I think it's a good thing that some of these are so hard to buy, people be getting rekt left right and centre otherwise.
Yesterday, 17:32   #3774
makeorbrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somecrimesitry View Post
Cardano is working on offering all of it's features for use by the PoW blockchains that are willing to implement Cardano NiPoPoWs (https://nipopows.com). For little effort or development cost the PoW blockchains would gain the ability to use Cardano smart contracts, voting, oracle pools, etc and in return ADA holders would get rewards / Tx fees in the PoW cryptos
This is interesting - although I'm struggling to get my head round it properly. If the gen 1 PoW coins generally have a store of value/means of exchange use case, why the need to send them to the cardano network and 'wrap' them?

I know this is being done in the ETH-centric DeFi space. However, all I see it doing is bringing liquidity to DeFi. What other purpose does it serve? How would it differ in the case of Cardano?

I'm a firm believer that there will be category leaders who will survive once this whole wave of innovation finally settles. But with that, is it not a case of choosing the blockchain/token for the specific purpose one has in mind?
So I guess I'm saying if you want smart contracting ability, then isn't it a case of not going near Bitcoin and weighing up Cardano against Ethereum and other smart contract ready projects?

Lets take the example that Hoskinson gave - the potential for a link-up with Litecoin. I can see what that would do for Cardano. I don't see what it does for Litecoin. Might such a move not be more symptomatic of the fact that Litecoin has no real world use case (or has failed to capture one)?? If so, why even bother with Litecoin to begin with - and just use Cardano natively?

I guess what I struggle with - with this stuff - is working this out to real world examples that can be demonstrated to add tangible value.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
Yesterday, 21:16   #3775
mazzy maz

Bitcoin diamond forming a parabolic pattern on the 4HR chart for anyone that's into that type of thing
Yesterday, 21:45   #3776
Truckermal

In Doge again but be careful!
Yesterday, 22:24   #3777
Somecrimesitry

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeorbrake View Post
This is interesting - although I'm struggling to get my head round it properly. If the gen 1 PoW coins generally have a store of value/means of exchange use case, why the need to send them to the cardano network and 'wrap' them?

I know this is being done in the ETH-centric DeFi space. However, all I see it doing is bringing liquidity to DeFi. What other purpose does it serve? How would it differ in the case of Cardano?

I'm a firm believer that there will be category leaders who will survive once this whole wave of innovation finally settles. But with that, is it not a case of choosing the blockchain/token for the specific purpose one has in mind?
So I guess I'm saying if you want smart contracting ability, then isn't it a case of not going near Bitcoin and weighing up Cardano against Ethereum and other smart contract ready projects?

Lets take the example that Hoskinson gave - the potential for a link-up with Litecoin. I can see what that would do for Cardano. I don't see what it does for Litecoin. Might such a move not be more symptomatic of the fact that Litecoin has no real world use case (or has failed to capture one)?? If so, why even bother with Litecoin to begin with - and just use Cardano natively?

I guess what I struggle with - with this stuff - is working this out to real world examples that can be demonstrated to add tangible value.
Out of all the PoW crypto's LTC would be the most likely community that would agree to try this out. Your probably not going to get the BTC community interested until you've proven this works in advance. Once it's proven to work with LTC it pretty much works for BTC too, as LTC is just a version of the same code. The real target for this work is getting BTC onboard with LTC just been the first test case.

As you say LTC is pretty much useless, people should own BTC not LTC but it still has almost a $3b market cap. For Cardano it's basically a BTC test ground to play around and get this functioning. Cardano is a multi-asset ledger so the more types of assets tested the better. For LTC it gives their community easy cheap access to features or services that will probably never be available natively on LTC like smart contracts, DeFi, dapps, oracles, voting, etc. Granted many of these are still to be enabled for Cardano itself but by the end of the year the current roadmap should be fully completed. The current best model for older chains to use smart contracts / DeFi on ETH is very expensive, what Cardano does differently is that it lets assets like wrapped LTC behave like ADA on chain. So LTC users wanting to use smart contracts or DeFi don't need to own any ADA to do so, they would use wrapped LTC and pay any fees in wrapped LTC. This makes Cardano's method much cheaper for LTC users as they don't need to pay transaction fees in ADA or ETH.

More interoperability between chains that add features or services is probably the only way forward for some of them to survive. Look at the sheer amount of features or services Cardano has to try to implement just to have any market interest. BTC is probably the only crypto today that can get away with been an expensive, environmentally damaging one trick pony, everyone else has to science the **** out of it to have any hope of long term usage.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion