Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭flashf1

Has anyone been able to successfully add a card to a flexifi account? I've a flexifi account opened 2 years ago with a year left and was originally opened with PTSB card for monthly payment. Approx 9 months ago i closed my PTSB account and not happily use Revolut and havent had any problemw with deirect debits, standing orders etc with the exception of Flexifi who will not accept my card - they just say we don't accept revolut, or prepaid, or non Irish etc.

In addition to this they will not delete the card from my closed bank account and will not let me pay in advance so they have to make a failed attempt to debit my ptsb card on the 30th of each month and then I have to remember to log on and pay that same day as a "one off" payment that will allow the revolut card. PHEW, sorry for the rambling description.

Is there any revolut card that will work with their systems, does anyone have similar experience?

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Has anyone has problems with Google Pay after unfreezing your Revolut card? Is there a time lag to update Google pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Never had an issue before. I've frozen the wrong one by mistake before but was fixed immediately

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Saudades

Hi all,

Re
    In terms of international cross-currency transfers, you can send up to £1,000 each month for free. You will see a market-low 0.5% fee applied if exceeding this threshold.

Does that include transfers made within one's own Revolut account; for example could I transfer €2,000 from my Euro Revolut account to my GBP Revolut account without the 0.5% fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

Saudades wrote: »
    Hi all,

Re

Does that include transfers made within one's own Revolut account; for example could I transfer €2,000 from my Euro Revolut account to my GBP Revolut account without the 0.5% fee?

Yes, transferring from your euro Revolut a/c to your GBP a/c is a currency exchange between wallets. The maximum free conversion allowance per month is currently €6000 but due to reduce to €1000 on Aug 12th so after then you would pay 0.5% on the amount over €1000.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Hmmm... The app seems broken on android.
    Can't top up. Warning notification in app.

Edit: They're on the case.

msmx5 wrote: »
    Yes, transferring from your euro Revolut a/c to your GBP a/c is a currency exchange between wallets. The maximum free conversion allowance per month is currently €6000 but due to reduce to €1000 on Aug 12th so after then you would pay 0.5% on the amount over €1000.

Cheers. Actually I think that change was implemented immediately, seems to be 1k limit already.
    How much money can I transfer abroad?
    You can convert as much as you like. Our Standard plan includes €1,000 of free conversions per month. That’s €12,000 per year. Above that, you can stay on Standard and pay a small fee, or upgrade to Premium or Metal for unlimited conversions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Cheers. Actually I think that change was implemented immediately, seems to be 1k limit already.

It's still €6000. You can see it when you go into your price plan details.

Spot on, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Has anyone ever used the GBP bank account in Revolut to successfully recieve a tax refund from HMRC? I think they require a UK bank account

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Has anyone ever used the GBP bank account in Revolut to successfully recieve a tax refund from HMRC? I think they require a UK bank account

Yeah I have done with no problems

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    Yeah I have done with no problems

Thank you.

Out of interest do you recall if you provided them with the local account and sort code details, or the IBAN?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

Its still €6000 for me too but it could depend on when you signed up as to what T&Cs you currently have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Thank you.

Out of interest do you recall if you provided them with the local account and sort code details, or the IBAN?

Just the sort code /account details

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Got an email today from Revolut saying I could order a rainbow card. Grand, I thought, why not. Their instructions are:

Update to the latest version of the app.

🌈 Tap on your Profile tab.

🌈 Then tap on Donations and then ILGA-Europe.

🌈 Finally, make your donation and order your card.

🌈 A delivery fee applies for Standard users. While stocks last.

When I go to my profile there is no 'donations'. I have personal details, account details, price plan and documents. No 'donations' option appears if I click into any of them. The app version is 7.7.1 which seems to be the latest?

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Got an email today from Revolut saying I could order a rainbow card. Grand, I thought, why not. Their instructions are:

Update to the latest version of the app.

🌈 Tap on your Profile tab.

🌈 Then tap on Donations and then ILGA-Europe.

🌈 Finally, make your donation and order your card.

🌈 A delivery fee applies for Standard users. While stocks last.

When I go to my profile there is no 'donations'. I have personal details, account details, price plan and documents. No 'donations' option appears if I click into any of them. The app version is 7.7.1 which seems to be the latest?

Any ideas?

I’m on 7.8 (iPhone) no idea if android follows same version numbering

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

I’m on 7.8 (iPhone) no idea if android follows same version numbering

I am running the latest version. Found it! the 'donations' is actually under 'widgets'!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Revolut Junior accounts now available for standard account users.

https://www.siliconrepublic.com/companies/revolut-junior-accounts-free-ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Revolut customers in Lithuania (i.e. those of Revolut BANK) can now apply for a credit card with a revolving credit limit of up to 2 month of income maximum 3000 € (and before you say that is low, the average income in Lithuania is approx. 1317 €).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Mr.S wrote: »
    When / if that comes to Ireland will be a game changer.

Some people are broke enough as it is. People could be spending more than they could back pay then .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Some people are broke enough as it is. People could be spending more than they could back pay then .

What? Isn't that already the case, credit cards are already available to anyone willing to sign up to them

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

They’re doing this already. What difference will another credit card like Revolut make?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭camz09

Had a bit of a problem ordering the rainbow card for some reason... they won't accept my eircode for the postal code. After a few chats it went through. However didn't know there's a 5.99 delivery for standard accounts (I knew it wasn't free, just not sure about the amount) until it was debited on my account. When I clicked to order, the tab says 'deliver for free' Hmmmmm...kinda annoying. I wish I knew before I clicked, a bit sus the way it is on the app

What? Isn't that already the case, credit cards are already available to anyone willing to sign up to them
    What I meant was the monthly income if it was say 2000 & Revolut are nearly allows up to say 4000 here.
    That's a lot to spend on a credit card.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

What I meant was the monthly income if it was say 2000 & Revolut are nearly allows up to say 4000 here.

I would say double your income is standard. I know when I had my credit card with PTSB and asked for an increase in the limit that is what they said they usually offered. KBC also had no issues offering me close to double my monthly income as well.

How is this different from any other credit card? Once you are sensible with your money...

4-6k limit on a credit card is fairly standard here. Doesn’t mean you spend that every month!

Sorry I hadn't increased my limit in a while. Didn't think they would let u set a 6k limit.
    Ya u are right once u are sensible it is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I am running the latest version. Found it! the 'donations' is actually under 'widgets'!

Mine arrived yesterday. They're very cute.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Biggest problem about credit card switching in this country is the convoluted government stamp duty and how to transfer it to a new provider to avoid getting stung twice. Is the main reason most people never switch card providers here.

Plenty of people have 5 figure limits on their credit card.

If you can’t manage it that’s huge own problem it should mean those who can should not have the option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,153 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

How will this change the game? You don’t even know what rates or conditions they’re offering?

Advertisement