Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE WORKER

• 07-07-2020 5:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Looking for a little advice/opinions ;

I am currently a grade 3 HSE worker, a co worker doing the exact same job is going for a job review to have it upgraded to a grade 4 ...
    My question is is it legal to have 20+ workers doing the same job on grade 3 salary while one worker will possibly be on a grade 4 pay scale.

Of course everyone has the option to go interview and potentially be moved up to a grade four pays all but my question is basically if out of 20+ ppl , only ten present a good interview and the job is then deemed as a grade 4 postion, how can the other 10 that possibly didn't get the upgrade be paid on a grade 3 salary for a job that was deemed as a grade 4 payscale..

I am asking because it has happened in another aspect of work

4 out of five workers moved to grade five ones interview didn't go so well and is still grade 4 even tho they all do the same job..

Hope this makes sense any thoughts/opinions welcome

Thank you all :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,440 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Yes perfectly legal and indeed common.

The union mightn’t like it though which is different.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

The union mightn't like it but they will do sod all about it - speaking from experience here!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

Sounds like the HSE is paying over the odds paying more than is required for a role.

Advertisement