Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ICB Report

• 16-10-2018 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm just wondering could you help me with an ICB report.
    I had a credit card which was revoked in 2015. I paid it off in full in may 2017. I ordered my ICB report and it said it's scheduled removal date is Jan 2020. It also shows the last 24 months. All of them have k (revoked credit card) bar the 24th month, the most recent, which has c (closed account)

I've no idea what's happening. The date of removal suggests I paid the credit card in full on January of 2015 which I didn't. And the 24 months suggests I only cleared the account last month? Am I missing something?

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

Can you challenge the entry by contacting the credit card company?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Slimity

dougiex06 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm just wondering could you help me with an ICB report.
    I had a credit card which was revoked in 2015. I paid it off in full in may 2017. I ordered my ICB report and it said it's scheduled removal date is Jan 2020. It also shows the last 24 months. All of them have k (revoked credit card) bar the 24th month, the most recent, which has c (closed account)

I've no idea what's happening. The date of removal suggests I paid the credit card in full on January of 2015 which I didn't. And the 24 months suggests I only cleared the account last month? Am I missing something?

Thanks for the help.

Any update on this? In a similar situation. Thanks.

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

Does the 24th month not refer to the most recent transaction, which would have been in May 2017? Working back from there, does that mean the card was revoked in May 2015?

Spocker wrote: »
    Does the 24th month not refer to the most recent transaction, which would have been in May 2017? Working back from there, does that mean the card was revoked in May 2015?

Yes the 24th month is the last transaction on the account. "C" in my case meaning completed account.

Card revoked in my case was September 2015.

Scheduled removal date on ICB report is September 2020. Is this when the account disappears from the records and credit scores or does it remain until 2022 i.e. 5 years after card was cleared?

Thanks.

Slimity wrote: »
    Scheduled removal date on ICB report is September 2020. Is this when the account disappears from the records and credit scores or does it remain until 2022 i.e. 5 years after card was cleared?

Yep, thats how they work it, 5 years after it was cleared

• Advertisement

Spocker wrote: »
    Yep, thats how they work it, 5 years after it was cleared

Thanks. And what does the scheduled removal date mean so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Thanks. And what does the scheduled removal date mean so?

It will drop off the ICB. Some lenders use 5 years from revoke rather than paid on ICB.
    I would get a copy of your CCR report, lots of issues for people on it

368100 wrote: »
    It will drop off the ICB. Some lenders use 5 years from revoke rather than paid on ICB.

Ok so if a lender uses ICB to check credit worthiness after the scheduled removal date, there will be o listing of the credit card? Can they still access details on the credit card through other means?

I've just applied for Central Credit Report. Do banks also use this?

Thanks a lot.

Ok so if a lender uses ICB to check credit worthiness after the scheduled removal date, there will be o listing of the credit card? Can they still access details on the credit card through other means?

Thanks a lot.

This might help: http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/money_and_tax/personal_finance/debt/credit_ratings.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Thanks a lot.

No they wont be able to see it once it drops off ICB....banks use CCR and it's should drop off in same timeframe but it's a mess as far as I can see so better making sure its up to date

• Advertisement

No they wont be able to see it once it drops off ICB....banks use CCR and it's should drop off in same timeframe but it's a mess as far as I can see so better making sure its up to date

Thanks, waiting til September 2020 is bearable for the listing to elapse, 2022 not so much.

So The Central Credit Register have no record of me whatsoever...

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ahgoway

Hi All,

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I’m hoping someone can help me.

I received my credit report in January of this year, which has an entry with a scheduled removal date of 01-Jul-2020.

My question is, how soon after this date would the entry disappear from the record? I have tried ringing the ICB but I can’t get through. Their phone lines are only open from 2pm - 4.30pm apparently.

I don’t want to keep requesting a copy of the report as this might reflect negatively on my credit rating, or so I’ve heard.

We are looking to go for mortgage approval soon and I don’t want to apply while this might still be on my record.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Lcampbell

Hi, do you know which lenders do this ? I’m in the same situation but ccr is clear

ahgoway wrote: »
    Hi All,

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I’m hoping someone can help me.

I received my credit report in January of this year, which has an entry with a scheduled removal date of 01-Jul-2020.

My question is, how soon after this date would the entry disappear from the record? I have tried ringing the ICB but I can’t get through. Their phone lines are only open from 2pm - 4.30pm apparently.

I don’t want to keep requesting a copy of the report as this might reflect negatively on my credit rating, or so I’ve heard.

We are looking to go for mortgage approval soon and I don’t want to apply while this might still be on my record.

Thanks.

Hi, was it removed do you know ? I’m in the same boat & panicking

Hi, do you know which lenders do this ? I’m in the same situation but ccr is clear

Thanks, waiting til September 2020 is bearable for the listing to elapse, 2022 not so much.

Did it come off ?? I’m in same stituation 🥲

Advertisement