Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Exaggerated personal injuries claim dismissed

Options
  • 24-06-2020 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭

I’ve just come across this case on the independent. Delighted to see cases like this being taken on by the insurance companies.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/judge-rejects-injury-claim-after-gym-video-posted-on-instagram-39311163.html

The just of it is, she claimed to have a back injury from a low speed collision with a pensioner. Pensioner admitted liability and was happy for the claimant to have her car fixed. Claimant said she had hurt her back, didn’t tell her GP about the sore back and posted numerous gym videos on Instagram soon after the accident.

I’d say this was a terrible time for the person that hit her and delighted that justice has been served by the looks of things.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭seagull

I want to see costs awarded against the claimant in cases like this. They probably found a no foal no fee lawyer, and it's cost them very little. Sanctions against the claimant and their lawyer might just reduce the number of cases like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

For it to get as far as the court, the claimant obviously had a report from a highly qualified consultant supporting her assertion of substantial injury. They are as much part of the problem as the claimant and their solicitor.

Unfortunately, not every dodgy claimant appears to be as thick as this one. When insurers find the ammunition, they will certainly use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

"Lil booties matter... I'll have my summer body in no time,"

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Consultant should be struck off. That would put an end to a lot this nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

"Lil booties matter... I'll have my summer body in no time,"

:)

Whatsapp is that way >>>>>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭screamer

And the claimant should also be prosecuted. There’s a serious overhaul needed in this country but no one has the balls to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭screamer

And the claimant should also be prosecuted. There’s a serious overhaul needed in this country but no one has the balls to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 81,115 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Consultant should be struck off. That would put an end to a lot this nonsense.

Exactly and they should be named each time as they have contributed in getting these cases to court.

Advertisement