Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vesta Living - Clongriffin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Fompi

Yes it's 32! And I think all the apartments are ready since a while now... Maybe you'll be my neighbour, there are a few empty apartments on my floor!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 skip2this11

Fompi wrote: »
    Yes it's 32! And I think all the apartments are ready since a while now... Maybe you'll be my neighbour, there are a few empty apartments on my floor!

Great, thanks for that!
    We were shocked to get the call, we'd no clue how close to finished the apartment was.
    We're up on the 4th floor. Are their many people in the building right now?

Great, thanks for that!
    We were shocked to get the call, we'd no clue how close to finished the apartment was.

the real 4th floor or the American 4th floor? (still dont understand why they did that...). I'm on the 5th floor (4th for real). Not sure how many people there are as I rarely see anyone. I know I have neighbours below, on all floors, because I can see items on the balconies but it's really quiet... not sure yet if it's really well insulated or if half of the apartments are empty :D

The heat... yes... ahem. Was quite bad yesterday, right :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Dedgunns

Great, thanks for that!

I hope this is not too personal a question to ask, but, is the apartment you moved into the original apartment you were waiting on (move in date scheduled for April 29th) or did you change apartment to get in sooner?

P.s. We have set up a WhatsApp page for Vesta residents. DM me your mobile number if you want to be added.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 skip2this11

Dedgunns wrote: »
    I hope this is not too personal a question to ask, but, is the apartment you moved into the original apartment you were waiting on (move in date scheduled for April 29th) or did you change apartment to get in sooner?

P.s. We have set up a WhatsApp page for Vesta residents. DM me your mobile number if you want to be added.

It's the original apartment and it's on the 2nd highest floor whichever one that is.

That's great, I will DM you when we are closer to our move date thanks for the offer!

It's the original apartment and it's on the 2nd highest floor whichever one that is.

That's great, I will DM you when we are closer to our move date thanks for the offer!

ah if it's a 2-beds, you might be my neighbour then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭JimmiesRustled

The heat... yes... ahem. Was quite bad yesterday, right :D

I assume from looking at the images online you've a heat recovery unit that provides fresh air to the apartment within your utility room? If so, stick it on summer bypass mode and set it to "boost".

I assume from looking at the images online you've a heat recovery unit that provides fresh air to the apartment within your utility room? If so, stick it on summer bypass mode and set it to "boost".

I havent had a proper look at it, it's probably time indeed! But I would need a really big boost as I feel like I'm in a greenhouse :D (but that was the plan so still no regret!)

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭JimmiesRustled

I havent had a proper look at it, it's probably time indeed! But I would need a really big boost as I feel like I'm in a greenhouse :D (but that was the plan so still no regret!)

If the heat recovery unit is still operating at default settings it will be tempering the incoming fresh air with the outgoing stale air. With the high performance glazing you're getting a lot of heat gain into the apartment. Therefore the air in the apartment is significantly warmer than the air outside.

The summer bypass setting on the heat recovery unit stops it from tempering incoming fresh air.

Typically in a two bed apartment the unit should be supplying air in at about 37 l/s. Depending on the unit this is typically about 35-50% of it's duty meaning with the "boost" there should be a significant increase in fresh air to the space which should cool it significantly from what you're currently experiencing.

• Advertisement

If the heat recovery unit is still operating at default settings it will be tempering the incoming fresh air with the outgoing stale air. With the high performance glazing you're getting a lot of heat gain into the apartment. Therefore the air in the apartment is significantly warmer than the air outside.

The summer bypass setting on the heat recovery unit stops it from tempering incoming fresh air.

Typically in a two bed apartment the unit should be supplying air in at about 37 l/s. Depending on the unit this is typically about 35-50% of it's duty meaning with the "boost" there should be a significant increase in fresh air to the space which should cool it significantly from what you're currently experiencing.

oh ok, will definitely have a look into it!!

Aaaaah, finally!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ms Sally

This sounds promising!! Hopefully they will be giving out some new move in dates over the next few weeks for those delayed :)

Mr.S wrote: »
    + the gym is re-opening on a phased basis soon, and construction re-starts on the 18th May.

I hope they make the cinema room bookable soon, would be a nice way to kill lockdown boredom.

Life is coming back to Vesta!

I wonder will they drop rents for the remaining units?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭polaco

I am think about moving in into 2 bed apartment I have few questions I hope some of you can answer them.

Is it underground parking space safe is there any access to the plug so I can give quick hoover in my car?
    Electricity/heating pay as go I mean you need to top card?
    Kitchen is fully equipped washing machine and tumble dryer ?

Thank You

Underground parking is secured with gates and linked to your phone. There are some plugs near the entrances but unless you are parked beside the door you won’t be able to use it for a hover. There are also about 7/8 plug in zones for electric vehicles per block.

Electricity is Prepay but you can enable auto-top linked to your bank account so you don’t need to bother with topping up. (You can also switch providers)

Apartments come with washer / dryer.

Thank you:):)
    All I need to find out if there is any 2 beds still available I am not in rush so I can wait till July.

This sounds promising!! Hopefully they will be giving out some new move in dates over the next few weeks for those delayed :)

I was one of the people waiting on one of the delayed apartments. Decided to change to one of the ones that are already ready as we have waited long enough and from what Vesta told us, it seems that even when they start construction again, the process will be significantly slower than pre-COVID days. Hopefully it won’t be too much longer for those that are delayed though; I feel your pain!!!

We would happily change apartment to one that is ready but I don't think there's any 1 bed apartments available to move into so we will just have to wait and see!! I'm sure the lease will need to be changed once dates are decided on etc. The only info we have received to date is 'We will be in touch soon' so it's hard to know!

Lots of 2 beds available

Thanks again

Just last question is the any storage room in 2 beds apartment? This 3D walk doesnt show any storage rooms just bedrooms , living room etc..

There's a storage room in most (I think?) apartments - don't think it's on any photos or walkthrough but if you look at the floorplans it should be there.
    Thanks I checked floor plan but doesn't show any storage room but I found there are closed doors in 3D walkthrough must the storage room:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AR640

Hi everyone,

We are moving into a one bed apartment next month! Just wondering if anyone can tell us which block is block 33? We noticed they're named The Collins, The Griffin and The Mayne. Thanks a mil!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Meegz

Hi everyone!
    Been trying for ages to post here. We’re due to move in to a one bed. Original move in date was 28 May but now we’ve received a new date for July 6th! Not sure if this is of any help to anyone who’s awaiting a new date. That was conditional if builders returned on 5th May so I’d imagine it’s pushed back again now!
    Thanks for the posts, I’ve been reading the thread and it’s super informative!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 causedpp

deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭niamh247

eagle.eye wrote: »
    The boosted water storage pump comes on for a few seconds regularly in our apartment too. I found out the problem - it is most likely overflowing flushing tank in our en suite. There's constant smallish stream of water going down the toilet and the pump comes on to refill the tank every minute/couple of minutes. Very annoying especially during bedtime :(

Also it seems to be hard to fix - the tank is not reachable. Or at least I can't think of a non destructive way of accessing it.

I have researched this quite a bit and had several visits by the in-house plumbers (prior to lockdown). I even got the pump changed. It was fixed a bit, but still persists.

Learnings: The flush tanks are accessible by lifting the thin long panel by hand. There was a little trickle there, but even after fixing it, issue persisted. The pump kicks off now every 10-15 minutes due to gradual pressure drop. By now we became used to it so much, that we don't even notice it any more. Most likely, the plumbing has internal leakages at valves that don't really leak the water out, but circulates internally (into storage tank etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 3 potatograttan

Hi all,

I’m new to boards.ie and moving in to Vesta apt on June 3rd. I’ve got a one bed plus, does anyone have one of these and can tell me the exact layout? So excited already reading all of your comments. Did you get the WhatsApp or fb group up and running if so I’d love to be a part of it.

Cheers

Heya. DM me your phone number and I'll add you to the WhatsApp group...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Vera84

Hi everyone,

We are moving into a one bed apartment next month! Just wondering if anyone can tell us which block is block 31? We noticed they're named The Collins, The Griffin and The Mayne.
    Thanks!

Hi all,
    Due to move into a standard one bed in 3 weeks time and hoping to buy some additional storage to keep in the 'Store' area. I know its quite small so I was wondering would anyone have approx measurements for the store room? It's not provided on the floorplan and vesta said they will need to send someone into the apartment to check but I am waiting quite awhile now and eager to get a few things sorted sooner rather than later!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jimmy Gian

Hi all,
    Is there anyone who wants to share a two bed apartment with a professional guy. Moving date is 16/6/2020.
    Please pm if interested

Ms Sally wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Due to move into a standard one bed in 3 weeks time and hoping to buy some additional storage to keep in the 'Store' area. I know its quite small so I was wondering would anyone have approx measurements for the store room? It's not provided on the floorplan and vesta said they will need to send someone into the apartment to check but I am waiting quite awhile now and eager to get a few things sorted sooner rather than later!

The store rooms vary quite significantly in size, shape, and number depending on the apartment. So, giving you measurements from my apartment wouldn't really be very helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 AStadler

Hi,

How long did it take from the time you applied and the approval?

Thanks

Advertisement