Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Real Madrid Jersey with signatures

• 20-05-2019 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

I won a signed Real Madrid football jersey through Microsoft. Not being a fan of football it might be best to sell it? Or maybe it would grown in value over a couple of years.

Where do I start to find out the value of it. The tags just point to the standard jersey without signatures. Its hard to tell if some kind of gel pen was used or if it was somehow printed over.

Below is a link for a photo of the jersey

https://i.postimg.cc/d1Q983n7/20170630-165216.jpg

Even if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Did you also receive a COA (Certificate of Authentication) with it? If not, then the shirt has little value at all.
    Try looking on ebay for comparisons

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭DarraghR

I have looked everywhere online but couldn't find anything. Would it even have a COA if the signatures are just printed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

If the signatures are just printed then the is very littler added value to the shirt. People may pay a premium if the shirt is authentically signed, but printed signatures have no value

Hmmmm even if it is a rare version. Ok I really need to find out more information of its origin. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 16,441 ✭✭✭✭banie01

No COA, no value at all TBH.
    Can I ask, what makes you think it's a "rare" version?

• Advertisement

banie01 wrote: »
    No COA, no value at all TBH.
    Can I ask, what makes you think it's a "rare" version?

I cant find anything that looks like it online

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

DarraghR wrote:
    I cant find anything that looks like it online

Looks like the junior kit to me. It's missing the addidas stripes on the top for it to be an adult size.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Looks like the junior kit to me. It's missing the addidas stripes on the top for it to be an adult size.

Its an XL size

20170630-165322.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

It's the 16/17 kit from a second look.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,441 ✭✭✭✭banie01

RossieMan wrote: »
    It's the 16/17 kit from a second look.

+1 on that.

As to the signatures, without a COA verifying the are live and genuine they add nothing to the shirt in terms of value.

If it was a MS competition prize, hopefully they can clear it up for you and confirm the signatures.

If they are printed, You have a 3 y.o defaced jersey.
    No-one will pay any extra for a printed sig, and it would IMO devalue the shirt rather than add anything.

• Advertisement
Advertisement