Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hayfever Season

• 15-05-2019 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Over the last couple of years, I have gone through some rounds on a hot day with brutal hayfever, running stingy eyes the works, completely ruining the enjoyment of the round (Baltray being one of the rounds!)

I never had any issues before with this, but is there any good recommendations people have used on this, the usual Zirtek tablets don't have much of an impact for me to prevent it !

high pollen count is on the horizon ! !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭Glebee

My son swears by this stuff. Take in advance of hayfever season and keep taking it and it seems to work. that along with half a zirtek keeps his hayfever at bay.. His hayfever has been bad in the past but definitely decreased when he started using this.

https://www.drclareapothecary.com/collections/dr-clares-formulary/products/allergy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

I take zirtek and get some eye drops aswell, works wonders. Strange aswell I only developed hayfever over last 5/6 years

• Registered Users Posts: 15,821 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

if zirtex aint working and your eyes are at you try the eye drops, i find them excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Irishdaywalker

Thanks Lads, will try the eye drops - or might be one of those that wears shades on the course, heard that helps as well (god forbid!!!!) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭SEORG

My wife suffers badily with hayfever and swears by Opticrom eye drops. Can be hard to get in Ireland though as they seem to sell out very quickly.

She stocks up any time we travel to the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Zyrtec is the brand name for Cetirizine Hydrochloride, ask for a generic as it a lot cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pixied

I got Drynol tablets on prescription this year, made the world of difference. Think they are fairly new. Bit pricey, €28 a month, but worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,821 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Zyrtec is the brand name for Cetirizine Hydrochloride, ask for a generic as it a lot cheaper.

last time I bought zyrtex are now competing in price with the others and was actually the cheapest ones the pharmacy had.
    buy a month supply and not a week for best value

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jclack

Eye drops are a good idea alright.

Would also recommend Vaseline in the inside of the nose, stops most of the pollen from getting in. Also helps you to be more conscious about breathing through mouth and not the nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Irishdaywalker

great stuff . . . hopefully this all helps!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭ProV

If you're a regular sufferer of Hay fever attacks, get Avamys (prescription only, doctor will write up a 5month plan) 2 sprays into each nostril before bed and it works for the next 24hours.
    Note: it takes a week or so to activate, so it's a preventative plan. But if you stick with that program you will be hay fever free for the whole summer. If you have any trips to Spain planned, bring your prescription as it's much cheaper over there.

Advertisement