Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sunday 12/05/2019

• 12-05-2019 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭

4.35 Leop
    Crimson King 20/1

Have had a decent ew on this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

I like Ger Lyons Wartime Hero in the first at Leopardstown
    Istimraar looks a certainty in the 4:05 Plumpton.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

1.35 Killarney, laying Stronghold. Around 3.65 currently but I have a feeling it might be backed in to just over the 3.0 mark. I'm laying regardless now at 3.65. In the same race I'm backing Melburnian to win. Around 4/1 or 7/2 I think thats a good price, I expected it to be a lot shorter.

2.30 Ludlow, Longhouse Sale. Max win bet for me. Around 2.0 on the exchange. Nothing in this race comes close to this horse. The only negative is it hasn't run in 262 days but I'm not worried about that.

Happy punting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

SonOfGoat wrote: »
    1.35 Killarney, laying Stronghold. Around 3.65 currently but I have a feeling it might be backed in to just over the 3.0 mark. I'm laying regardless now at 3.65. In the same race I'm backing Melburnian to win. Around 4/1 or 7/2 I think thats a good price, I expected it to be a lot shorter.

2.30 Ludlow, Longhouse Sale. Max win bet for me. Around 2.0 on the exchange. Nothing in this race comes close to this horse. The only negative is it hasn't run in 262 days but I'm not worried about that.

Happy punting

2nd fav won over course and distance in a really quick time a few weeks back in tge 2.30 so hard to be over confident especially with your selection returning from a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Taking a longish break from tipping until Royal Ascot podcast . That said I’m not about to let Van Beethoven go of at 33/1 in the French 2000 . Without an ew bet . Even on soft ground . His post trophy run had enough positives .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

SonOfGoat wrote: »

Happy punting

Never mind, well done ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

Never mind, well done ha

It'll be one to watch over the next couple of months. The horse peaks in the "summer months," so I think it will be a case of make a few bob while we can and then put it away in the autumn and winter. Made it's hurdle debut today and I'd say it'll go in again pretty shortly, what will the price be like though is the question.

The rest of the racing today looks really dire apart from the 2 shorts price things but not worth it at those prices.

I will have one more bet today.

4.05 Plumpton, Istimraar. Laying this. Around 2.32. The horse has been an absolute donkey over the years, won 3 times I think in it's 8yo life. The skeltons pull a right stroke the last time it won. Went in on a mark of 69 when the last time it ran in a chase it was off 110, granted it was a few years ago but they never got the price it started 6/4 so something got out somewhere it was ready to do the business. Will it go in 2 times in a row, I highly doubt it.

I'm off to cut the grass and make the dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Wow Persian King

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

yaboya1 wrote: »
    I like Ger Lyons Wartime Hero in the first at Leopardstown
    Istimraar looks a certainty in the 4:05 Plumpton.

Good luck!

Don't like him any more. Shocker!
    Istimraar hacked up as expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Earendil wrote: »
    4.35 Leop
    Crimson King 20/1

Have had a decent ew on this.

Apart from this beauty, I had a win bet on Trethias and another ew on Heavenly Snow in the last.

So that’s second last, nowhere and last.

I know my onions lads.

Advertisement