Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip Hop Releases 2019

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

A few new albums today.
    Nas - Lost Tapes 2
    Murs x 9th Wonder - Brighter Daze .... not a new one, but was an exclusive Bandcamp release that is now available on all platforms. They ave a new one coming soon.

There are more...I can't remember what they are at the moment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

2 new albums on my radar today.
    Listened to YBN Cordae's debut album and it is quality. Really getting into this guy lately.

New Chance the Rapper is out too but haven't given that a proper listen yet.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Just listened to the Chance album and I'm not so sure about it.
    I do like the 80's/90's sounds that are in a few of the songs, but it just feels like there is too much happening on each song. And then I look at the credits and there are a huge amount of writers and producers involved in most songs.
    It's not a bad album, it's grand to listen to, but nothing amazing. That's just my first listen though.

I'm listening to that YBN Cordae album now as I've heard good things about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭ T. Hanks^

I'm not liking it either.
    Got Freddie on repeat tbh.

I had a listen to Nas The Lost Tapes 2 at the weekend.
    It's serviceable at best but will give it another few spins and might grow on me.

Lost Tapes 2 has a few good songs on it, but they are definitely not lost recordings or songs from the cutting room floor :)
    It's fairly good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

1 week later, Chance's album is terrible. YBN Coardae's is quality, have it on repeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 G Shock

Harambe wrote: »
    YBN Coardae's is quality, have it on repeat.

Yeah it's very good. Listened to it twice in the car today. Not the best lyricist but the beats are on point, a very well produced album.
    Defo my favourite album of the year so far.

I started to listen to the new Rick Ross album, I got a few songs in and had to turn it off. Just not my taste at all but sounds very well produced and Rick is showing more versatility in his rhyme schemes and patterns.

Stumbled across a recent Black Milk album called DiVe that was released this year.
    I'm digging it so much. I've probably mentioned it a billion times here, but Black Milks drum programming is insanely amazingly great.

The Expert has released a new album today called Excursions

https://open.spotify.com/album/0qzgemv3htEo4NWZ7uKGjN?si=WuAtwjSCS8Wlkm055ZeDyA

• Advertisement

Snoop Dogg has released a new album

https://hiphopdx.com/editorials/id.4320/title.5-things-to-expect-pushing-play-on-snoop-doggs-i-wanna-thank-me-album

Track is dedicated to Nipsey which is nice

Also new track from The Game, assuming this will be on his new album

Fire

*edit* Wrong Track, updated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Really enjoying the new Murs album with 9th wonder

New Little Brother album called May the Lord Watch is out today. No 9th Wonder, but it sounds slick so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Big Bad Wolf

peteeeed wrote: »
    Really enjoying the new Murs album with 9th wonder

Facking hell. Whats up with "Unicorn Glitter".
    Had to skip past that one real quick with the sister in the car... shiit! Good beat though :-)

Facking hell. Whats up with "Unicorn Glitter".
    Had to skip past that one real quick with the sister in the car... shiit! Good beat though :-)

yeah some of the lyrics are a bit out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

T. Hanks^ wrote: »
    Also new track from The Game, assuming this will be on his new album

Best song he’s done in a long time Imo.

Snoops new album is hit and miss as expected, this is pretty good though.

If you haven't listened to the Rapsody - Eve album, it should be added to your listening rotation. It's excellence.

There's also a new Missy EP out that's not bad at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭melted_face

new pusha t track with a nice minimalist beat by kanye

very numbers on the board esque imo , great stuff

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    If you haven't listened to the Rapsody - Eve album, it should be added to your listening rotation. It's excellence.

There's also a new Missy EP out that's not bad at all.
    Rapsody, what a talent , love the production , the samples , the flow ....LOVE IT

A couple of new albums today:

Shredders - Great Hits
    I've given this a spin and I'm not all that fussed on it, I'm a pretty big fan of everything Doomtree, but this is just a bit too bouncy.

Joell Ortiz - Monday
    I appreciate that Joell is a pretty good rapper, but I can never really listen to a full project by him. I've started on this and it's good going so far, way more content to his lyrics and sounds nice over the beats.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    A couple of new albums today:

Shredders - Great Hits
    I've given this a spin and I'm not all that fussed on it, I'm a pretty big fan of everything Doomtree, but this is just a bit too bouncy.

Joell Ortiz - Monday
    I appreciate that Joell is a pretty good rapper, but I can never really listen to a full project by him. I've started on this and it's good going so far, way more content to his lyrics and sounds nice over the beats.

the return of a 9th wonder less little brother too

the return of a 9th wonder less little brother too

that was last week :) Great album, i've given it a few spins

Finished up the Joell album, it takes a dip from tracks 7 - 10 but then picks up again for a great finale.

Common - Let Love
    Nice album, very surprised by this one. there's lots of interesting stuff going on with it.

Alchemist - Yacht Rock 2
    Deadly record, short snappy songs, just a verse by each feature. I like how it flows together.

Naughty By Nature's debut self titled album is 28 years old today.
    I've just taken a look at the track list again, is there a bad song on it?

O.P.P. is the first song that piqued my interest in Hip Hop. I remember it was on MTV and I stopped what I was doing to watch the video and was amazed. I hadn't heard anything like it before.

Also, Treach is one of the greatest rappers ever.

The stretch and Babbitto documentary is on film 4 tomorrow night ,I really liked it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭waynescales1

The stretch and Babbitto documentary is on film 4 tomorrow night ,I really liked it

Thanks for posting that, I'll definitely record.

• Advertisement

It's a great watch.

Advertisement