Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ironman Staffordshire 70.3

• 02-12-2018 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

Curious to see if anyone here has done it & there thoughts on the race. I done Dun Laoghaire this year and want to do another in 2019 and liked the look of this race. Would love to know peoples opinions and what its likes etc. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

S_D wrote: »
    Curious to see if anyone here has done it & there thoughts on the race. I done Dun Laoghaire this year and want to do another in 2019 and liked the look of this race. Would love to know peoples opinions and what its likes etc. Thanks

its a good race rolling bike course,a good bit more low key than Dun L this year. just like to point out there is some very good halfs in ireland. unless its the brand you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭rodneyr1981

I was half tempted by this race as early season options were limited in past. Cutra is an option but having done it a few times wanted some different.

Bantry Hardman half looks very interesting. 25th May so ideal for an early season tester.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭S_D

peter kern wrote: »
    its a good race rolling bike course,a good bit more low key than Dun L this year. just like to point out there is some very good halfs in ireland. unless its the brand you want.

Thanks Peter, I've checked out some in Ireland but with timing etc of other races i;ve got planned its the perfect weekend almost to fit in a middle distance race! The brand has a part to play in it too off course but mainly the timing of this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

S_D wrote: »
    Thanks Peter, I've checked out some in Ireland but with timing etc of other races i;ve got planned its the perfect weekend almost to fit in a middle distance race! The brand has a part to play in it too off course but mainly the timing of this one!

ok for what you are looking for .

I would then recommend 70.3 kraichgau ( me thinks the best 70.3 branded race) 2nd june

rapperswill is also solid and should be the 10th of june.

toursnman in tours 16th june not branded but at least as good as any m dot brand for a good bit less money.

i think they sold all places in 48 hours but you might be lucky to get one.
    if you drive than i guess stafford is best for what you want, but if you want a good race i think those 3 races are above staff in what you might be looking for in a race.

my 2 cents

Decided to signup to staffordshire today. If anyone has any more tips on the course, would be appreciated :)

• Advertisement

Anyone else racing this in 5 weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Begs

No but doing Bantry in 4 weeks-25th May!

Advertisement