Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Winter 2018/2019 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

sryanbruen wrote: »
    He does ask me to post for him here a lot, on Twitter since he closed his most recent account.

Hopefully the Beast from the East 2018 2019.... will bring back some of the old boys and girls that used to be here a lot. Some great knowledge here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

My freezer is full of Brennans already.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Hopefully the Beast from the East 2018 2019.... will bring back some of the old boys and girls that used to be here a lot. Some great knowledge here.
    Whats the craic is this lad Voldemort? can anyone PM his twitter handle so i can follow please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

I miss Maq..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

Lads, I'm not from Arklow, but thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kittyn

The trend is your friend as we say and the signs are trending the right way so far ......... I have a feeling this will be a very interesting winter.....

I hope so anyway as I got me a 4x4 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭sjb25

Ah back to the weather forum for the winter great to be back

A picture from my work in our last snowfall to get in the mood I went to work and never came home for 4 days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭KingdomRushed

Well worth checking out the 12z GFS, yet another upgrade, a powerful Greenland high on display in latter frames with easterly influence to our weather slowly edging toward the reliable. No backing down whatsoever. In fact it shows a remarkable similarity to November 2010 with a potent north east airflow running from the arctic to Ireland

2v2y0qa.png

northerly anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

Off the Wall Charts. Hope you all have Snow Shovels. :eek:

Get runs for the time of year.

33zbjpf.png

2dad0lg.png

xnyyyh.png

o8s003.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Artane2002

I've been trying to stay quiet on the forum for a bit but I can't... these charts are too mouth-watering! Even if this chance fails, I'm sure we'll have more chances throughout the winter. That 1068 hPa high over Greenland is nuts on the GFS 12z!

eil27n.png
    heading the right direction

• Registered Users Posts: 16,626 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Artane2002 wrote: »
    I've been trying to stay quiet on the forum for a bit but I can't... these charts are too mouth-watering! Even if this chance fails, I'm sure we'll have more chances throughout the winter. That 1068 hPa high over Greenland is nuts on the GFS 12z!

Just let's see if the ECM is following the same script - then the beast might be incoming later on. if so prepare for scenes like these:D

KaZpvEu.jpg

giant+snow+ramp+2.jpg
    it might not be as good as the above pictures;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Don’t like the chart above -no snow down south:-( I know, I know, early days but still...no fair!! *sulks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

it might not be as good as the above pictures;)

lWqvCp1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Oof here’s to hoping that’s just general snow chat inaccuracy and it does infect reach us in Cork City :p

Then again it’s also expected to be a northerly, we generally don’t do great from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭KingJeremy

I’ve been haunting this thread the past couple of weeks. I’ve no knowledge when it comes to weather forecasting or reading charts...just really keen for some snow this winter. All signs looking good so far ����

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

I can’t beleive hatrickpatrickess is calling out thenacholibress and nacho hasn’t even done a Eskimo snow dance (or admitted to) anyways I’m just saying kittyn up at her elevation has a car that can drive over snow so I’m slipping her a tenner for milk an bread over January

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kittyn

NMB wrote: »
    I can’t beleive hatrickpatrickess is calling out thenacholibress and nacho hasn’t even done a Eskimo snow dance (or admitted to) anyways I’m just saying kittyn up at her elevation has a car that can drive over snow so I’m slipping her a tenner for milk an bread over January

Let the fun begin ......... :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,622 ✭✭✭10-10-20

I'm loving the early seasonal ramping!
    Transporter-718x675.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I literally left the thread for 2 days and it all explodes!!

Choo Choo bunnies all aboard the snoooow train. :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Loughc wrote: »
    I literally left the thread for 2 days and it all explodes!!

Choo Choo bunnies all aboard the snoooow train. :D

And at the exact moment I posted that joe.ie tweet this and pop my bubble :(

https://www.joe.ie/news/met-eireann-snow-doubtful-reports-647674

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭dense

Loughc wrote: »
    And at the exact moment I posted that joe.ie tweet this and pop my bubble :(

https://www.joe.ie/news/met-eireann-snow-doubtful-reports-647674

All in good time:

https://www.buzz.ie/latest/evelyn-cusack-expect-heavy-snow-winter-306138

dense wrote: »

But that article is 5 days old now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I think it's safe to say I've hedged my bets now.

6aefa7b5738fa54653d226ff2787db2b.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Things looking cold end of next week and maybe a prolonged cold spell. Nothing to interesting just yet but good signs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭adocholiday

I was hoping my first winter in Wicklow would be mild, give me time to get my stuff in order. No such look it would seem! I better get some snow socks for the car or I'll be working from home from December to March ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,722 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

https://twitter.com/bigjoebastardi/status/1062434683034714113?s=21

Well I know we know this, but I do like it when he posts about Europe....

ECM is looking great this morning blocking all over the place. GFS looks good to. Will feel a hell of a lot colder this time next week. Enjoy the warmth while we have it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭bazlers

I liked the last paragraph of MTs daily forecast. I also liked his minimum temp guess (which as we all know is only a bit of fun) in the fact he mentions February as well. It gives winter a more prolonged feel to it...

Advertisement