Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bob Lazar new documentary coming out soon.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

Quick question about his education

Surely if he didnt go to MIT Caltech or some other high brow university
    How would he have gotten a job at S4

Surely the USG wouldnt hire a physicist out of some micky mouse community college

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Sin City wrote: »
    Quick question about his education

Surely if he didnt go to MIT Caltech or some other high brow university
    How would he have gotten a job at S4

Surely the USG wouldnt hire a physicist out of some micky mouse community college

If he was hired by a sub-contractor to be a photo lab technician, community college would be enough

RayCun wrote: »
    If he was hired by a sub-contractor to be a photo lab technician, community college would be enough

Was he a photo lab tech though

wasnt he brought into meetings with other physicists ?

Was he a photo lab tech though

wasnt he brought into meetings with other physicists ?

Someone who didn't work with him and didn't know who he was remembers seeing him in some meetings, which might not have been restricted to physicists.

And the chain of logic here is
    1. a credible source saw him at some meetings
    2. ....
    3. Bob Lazar is a credible source on the existence os a US government alien technology research project

Step 2 had better be spectacular.

Someone who didn't work with him and didn't know who he was remembers seeing him in some meetings, which might not have been restricted to physicists.

And the chain of logic here is
    1. a credible source saw him at some meetings
    2. ....
    3. Bob Lazar is a credible source on the existence os a US government alien technology research project

Step 2 had better be spectacular.

Credible source though did say he was a physicist

• Advertisement

Credible source though did say he was a physicist
    "Krangle – Well he was a physicist which, I’m a physicist. We kind of recognize each other. You know it’s the classic pocket condom with all the proper different color pens (laughter) … he fit that mold. If nobody would’ve told me he was a physicist, one look, [you would know] he’s a physicist. He’s properly dressed in geekdome.

Corbell – Did people tell you he’s a physicist? Was it ever explained to you?

Krangle – In some conversations, you know, somebody would be talking about what somebody was doing … and they’d point over … and that’s him over there.

Corbell – You have a direct individual memory of being in a security briefing at Los Alamos with Bob Lazar?

Krangle – Yeah, I remember seeing him.

Corbell – What was your impression of what Bob was doing at Los Alamos in the 80s?

Krangle – Well, at the time I was there, I really didn’t know what specifically Bob was doing, we didn’t work together, we simply crossed paths … at least in glancing view. I didn’t know what he was up to anymore than he knew what I was up to."

That's a ringing endorsement. "Yeah, I saw him around and he looked like a physicist. No, I've no idea what he worked on."

A few weeks after Corbell posted his interview with Krangle, Friedman was asked about it on the Dr. J Radio Live show:
    I called [Krangle]…and I spoke with him. We had a long talk. Very comfortable talking to him. He’s a scientist who worked from time to time as a consultant to Los Alamos. And there were a couple of things that were clear. One: No surprise. He had seen Bob Lazar at Los Alamos. And I say no surprise because the phone book for Los Alamos had Bob’s name in it. There aren’t a lot of Robert S. Lazars, you know. And that was the number, as it happens, of the big, Clinton P. Anderson, Meson Accelerator. A unique nuclear physics facility. That doesn’t make him a scientist because they’ve got all types of technicians out there.

But there’s no question he was there and there’s no question he had a security clearance. You can’t get into Los Alamos and spend any time there without a security clearance! You certainly can’t work there without one. That’s the rule of the game. Whenever I visited there, when I was working on nuclear rockets for Westinghouse, our security officer had to send my credentials, an indication of my security level…my clearance level, to Los Alamos. I couldn’t get in without that.

So, okay…he verified that Bob had been seen there and that Bob had a security clearance. He was at briefings that had classified material. However(!), when I asked him, well did you check on his credentials in any way? No, of course not. Why would he? Now, he said he looked like a scientist. He had the pocket protector, the glasses. Everybody thought of him as doing some kind of scientific work and I’ve never denied that.

He’s bright. He built a jet-powered car. He puts on fireworks displays. I don’t doubt that he did some technical work at Los Alamos. But how you go from that to back engineering flying saucers?

There's no reason to believe he had to have a degree from Caltech to do the work he was doing, because there's no evidence that he was doing anything amazing. And even if he had a degree from Caltech and a dog ate the records, no reason to believe he was working with alien technology, except he says he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

Well, what are peoples thoughts on the documentary?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Boxing.Fan wrote: »
    Well, what are peoples thoughts on the documentary?

An embarrassment to everyone involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

The Nal wrote: »
    An embarrassment to everyone involved.

Only seen the first few minutes of it last night, fell asleep.

Bob defo seems like a fraud.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭Panrich

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Fusitive

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    What i always found fascinating about Bob was how he spoke about Element 115, decades before it was actually added to the periodic table.

This is one of those cases where credibility is given on face level rather than understanding. Bob Lazar supporters say that the existence of Element 115 proves his story I.e because an element with a 115 protons exists, Bob is right.

Well, the problem is that since the 60's, scientists believed that elements with atomic numbers as high as 126 existed. They did not believe that the periodic table ended at 106. In fact, element 116 livermorium was added before element 115. If I say element 123 is used in UFO propulsion and it is discovered in 30 years time, does that give me credibility? The answer is no.

So we have to dig deeper to see if the claims are credible and match up. Bob Lazar said that element 115 could not be synthesised in a lab and could only be found in high mass star systems. This claim is untrue in many respects.

A)It has been only been discovered in labs and has not been discovered in nature due to it's unstable and short-lived nature.

B)It is not present in high mass stars because the heaviest element in the fusion process is Iron because anything heavier takes more energy than it gives.

C)The only place that element 115 does occur is in Supernovas but it is extremely unstable and it's half-life is only milliseconds which is why it is undetectable in nature yet NASA managed to collect 500lbs of 115 within a milliseconds of a supernova and stored it?(as Bob said it wasn't possible to synthesis in a lab and only from nature, NASA must have been harvesting supernovas)

D)Bob claimed that they could store 115 for years to power spacecraft's, if a stable isotope of 115 exists that was present for decades, it should be readily discovered in nature from the remnants of supernovas but it's not.

E)Bob claimed that 115 had a melting point of 3000k when it really has a melting point of 670k

Element 115 is a red herring sold to truthers as the ultimate validation of Lazar's claims when the reality is that a small bit of scratching beneath the surface, it shows he's talking nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Fusitive wrote: »
    This is one of those cases where credibility is given on face level rather than understanding. Bob Lazar supporters say that the existence of Element 115 proves his story I.e because an element with a 115 protons exists, Bob is right.

Well, the problem is that since the 60's, scientists believed that elements with atomic numbers as high as 126 existed. They did not believe that the periodic table ended at 106. In fact, element 116 livermorium was added before element 115. If I say element 123 is used in UFO propulsion and it is discovered in 30 years time, does that give me credibility? The answer is no.

So we have to dig deeper to see if the claims are credible and match up. Bob Lazar said that element 115 could not be synthesised in a lab and could only be found in high mass star systems. This claim is untrue in many respects.

A)It has been only been discovered in labs and has not been discovered in nature due to it's unstable and short-lived nature.

B)It is not present in high mass stars because the heaviest element in the fusion process is Iron because anything heavier takes more energy than it gives.

C)The only place that element 115 does occur is in Supernovas but it is extremely unstable and it's half-life is only milliseconds which is why it is undetectable in nature yet NASA managed to collect 500lbs of 115 within a milliseconds of a supernova and stored it?(as Bob said it wasn't possible to synthesis in a lab and only from nature, NASA must have been harvesting supernovas)

D)Bob claimed that they could store 115 for years to power spacecraft's, if a stable isotope of 115 exists that was present for decades, it should be readily discovered in nature from the remnants of supernovas but it's not.

E)Bob claimed that 115 had a melting point of 3000k when it really has a melting point of 670k

Element 115 is a red herring sold to truthers as the ultimate validation of Lazar's claims when the reality is that a small bit of scratching beneath the surface, it shows he's talking nonsense.

Bob credibility is not based on just element 115. Los Alamos labs denied for years Bob worked there. Investigation by George Knapp and discovery by him of a phonebook proved Robert Lazar was an employee. Unfortunately it does not give his job title, but there number beside his name, so obviously his employment was not a janitor. Why deny his employment in the first place if just nonsense?

It not proof he worked on alien spaceships, but it gave some legitimacy to his claim of being a worker at LOS alamos labs,which the company denied originally.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Hes laughing all the way to the bank.

Panrich wrote: »

This story is about US having alleged crashed UFOs. Essentially a leak of notes Eric Davis, a government scientist made after a meeting with Thomas Ray Wilson who was Director of Intelligence for the Joint Chiefs of Staff and Deputy Director of Intelligence for the Joint Chiefs. A very powerful man.

He just confirmed the UFOs are real and they belong to a non human species and we have been studying the phenomeon since 1945 in a secure and secret way. Wilson also confirmed there is a secret/cabal in intelligence that manages the UFO programs and even the president of the United States is unware of it.

It got very little to do with Bob Lazar. It just Bob claims to have been involved in one of these alleged classified programs.

That's a ringing endorsement. "Yeah, I saw him around and he looked like a physicist. No, I've no idea what he worked on."

A few weeks after Corbell posted his interview with Krangle, Friedman was asked about it on the Dr. J Radio Live show:

There's no reason to believe he had to have a degree from Caltech to do the work he was doing, because there's no evidence that he was doing anything amazing. And even if he had a degree from Caltech and a dog ate the records, no reason to believe he was working with alien technology, except he says he was.

This is true, but remember Los Alamos labs denied anyone called Robert Lazar worked for them. They did so for years. It took a long time to find something and eventually George Knapp secured a phonebook belonging to the lab from the time Bob alleged he was there. He found bob name in the book and had a phone number listed. So someone at Los Alamos was pretending he never worked there. Agreed its a huge leap to believe he worked with alien technology, but there is evidence Los Alamos labs was trying to cover up he worked there.

Plus Bob named the guy who hired him to work at S4 and nobody could find him. Now they have found him, but his not willing to come forward yet. He just confirmed for George Knapp he worked at Area 51. This only George word right now but if he does come forward on camera he be a big deal. He was guy who interviewed candidates for S4 at Area51 so he likely has lot of documentation and first hand knowledge of the classified programs.

I'm 50/50 about Lazar. I would not rule it out either he is mirage man-who has counter intelligence ties and spreads fake UFO stories, but there is evidence to suggest he not a bull****ter. For one he worked in places he said was at and was listed as physicist in Los Alamos paper

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭JACK BE NIMBLE

IMHO I believe that Lazar has convinced himself of what he's saying, I think hes delusional and people - Jeremy Corbell, George Knapp, etc, etc are making a lot of money from this grand story, with even a little bit of investigation it would be obvious that his story holds no water.
    In terms of his academic achievements being erased from history - let's say this happened (I don't believe it did), how did the powers that be also manage to erase any photos of him from yearbooks, erase all his hard copies of his diplomas, time-tables, his dorm mates, etc.???

Close Encounters Identimat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlmY5eDwmZE
    Electronics mag from 1973, have a look at pg. 6: http://www.qrzcq.com/mirrors/www.americanradiohistory.com/Archive-Radio-Electronics/70s/1973/Radio-Electronics-1973-07.pdf

What really annoys me is people like Knapp and Corbell saying "yes, his academic background is a little hazy, but he's been identified in a newspaper as a physicist", FFS, he told the newspaper he was a physicist, also if he didn't attend Cal-tech or MIT and receive the respective degrees then how can he be considered a physicist? If i can make a deck in my garden that doesn't make me a carpenter and so I can't apply for a job as one!!

This link was written from an actual physicist who has done his homework on Lazar, much better investigative work done in this article than Corbell has demonstrated: http://www.otherhand.org/home-page/area-51-and-other-strange-places/looking-at-the-bob-lazar-story-from-the-perspective-of-2018/

IMHO I believe that Lazar has convinced himself of what he's saying, I think hes delusional and people - Jeremy Corbell, George Knapp, etc, etc are making a lot of money from this grand story, with even a little bit of investigation it would be obvious that his story holds no water.
    In terms of his academic achievements being erased from history - let's say this happened (I don't believe it did), how did the powers that be also manage to erase any photos of him from yearbooks, erase all his hard copies of his diplomas, time-tables, his dorm mates, etc.???

Close Encounters Identimat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlmY5eDwmZE
    Electronics mag from 1973, have a look at pg. 6: http://www.qrzcq.com/mirrors/www.americanradiohistory.com/Archive-Radio-Electronics/70s/1973/Radio-Electronics-1973-07.pdf

What really annoys me is people like Knapp and Corbell saying "yes, his academic background is a little hazy, but he's been identified in a newspaper as a physicist", FFS, he told the newspaper he was a physicist, also if he didn't attend Cal-tech or MIT and receive the respective degrees then how can he be considered a physicist? If i can make a deck in my garden that doesn't make me a carpenter and so I can't apply for a job as one!!

This link was written from an actual physicist who has done his homework on Lazar, much better investigative work done in this article than Corbell has demonstrated: http://www.otherhand.org/home-page/area-51-and-other-strange-places/looking-at-the-bob-lazar-story-from-the-perspective-of-2018/

Reasonable position you have taken there. Lazar has failed to produce the evidence he went to MIT or Caltech. There parts of his story that don't make lot of sense to me mostly about what he saw at S4. The nine craft in hangars, that never felt real to me. Where and exactly did they find nine separate alien craft?

I still open he worked at Area 51. It not unreasonable if he worked at Los Almos labs, he may have got a job doing something at Area 51?

There some truth to his story and there bull**** mixed in also- thats why his story has believers still.

I'm 50/50- but often lean to he may be a bull****ter or a paid UFO disinformation agent. But i also keep an open mind.

Forget about this- Bob Lazar appeared on Joe Rogan recently and had a chat about his story. Joe seemed convinced it was legit.

He sticking to same story, even if its all bull****. Keeping this up for decades is impressive if you think about it.

Advertisement